• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
That doesn't really detract from my point though - having both Martinelli and Richarlison is unnecessary overkill for me, particularly when there are other profiles we don't have in the squad. But, you know, it's the Wish List so it doesn't matter much to me. I do like Richarlison tbh.

It depends on how you see things. Personally, i like the idea of using Auba as a striker and then using Martinelli/Saka/Benrahma as a LW.

But realistically, there is no reason to suggest Arteta sees Auba as anything other than a LW. Hell, even Joe Willock played as a CF ahead of him! He's had enough chances to go Martinelli Auba Pepe but its not happened.

So, the way i see it, are Lacazette and Nketiah good enough to be Arsenals striker? Not for me.

Richarlison is that type of Mane, Robertson, AWB, Sterling type signing. Getting him from a lesser team for him to go on to become a crucial player.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
It depends on how you see things. Personally, i like the idea of using Auba as a striker and then using Martinelli/Saka/Benrahma as a LW.

But realistically, there is no reason to suggest Arteta sees Auba as anything other than a LW. Hell, even Joe Willock played as a CF ahead of him! He's had enough chances to go Martinelli Auba Pepe but its not happened.

So, the way i see it, are Lacazette and Nketiah good enough to be Arsenals striker? Not for me.

Richarlison is that type of Mane, Robertson, AWB, Sterling type signing. Getting him from a lesser team for him to go on to become a crucial player.
I hear you. I think there are much bigger holes in the team we need to fill at this point. Much of that is contingent on whether we lose Auba in the off-season. I agree mostly on Lacazette - speaking objectively, as a big fan of Eddie Nketiah, jury is definitely out on whether he's the future skengman at #9, I still think there are kinks in his game that he needs to iron out but I think of most of our strikers he has the best mentality to succeed and the right kind of killer instinct. He has smashed every ceiling people have put on him to be where he is now, so I would be hesitant to put it past him.

I agree that Richarlison is very much in that bracket of signings, but I don't think we're at the point where we can make those kind of signings without addressing the issues at CB and CM. In terms of a wish list signing, there's no argument at all from me. Richarlison is a forward who would propel us IMO, he just needs a better environment than Everton's current one. To actually sign him in reality? You're looking at Van Dijk/Allison money and we're not at the Van Dijk/Allison stage yet.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
I like Richarlison, Partey, Ake/Gabriel Magalhães. I think if Arsenal hire all these three then it would be a much better team.

Auba --- Richarlison --- Pepe
Saka ---- Ceballos ---- Partey
Tierney - Ake - Saliba - Bellerin
Leno

That would cost a lot of money tho.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Richarlison should be the striker we should target.

- Settled in the league
- 23 years old
- Presses from the front
- Runs into channels
- Great in the air
- Versatile
- Presence
- Fantastic Name

Agree on most of that, apart from the name. Brazilian names have gone downhill recently, we used to have Cafu, Kaka, Ronaldinho...Richarlison is a bit of a step down for me.

But yeah I hadn't thought about him actually. Maybe he could do that CF role Arteta wants, with Auba to the left. Obviously it's highly unlikely Everton would sell to us, or they'd just ask for a ridiculous fee.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
He's not that tall or a great target man though. Martinelli is basically the same height and a very similar player already. Don't see the point of Richarlison - not that I don't like him, I think he's really good. Just that he's a profile we have no need for.

He wins 2.1 aerial duels a game apparently, and makes 1.9 tackles, so that could mean he's a decent target man/pressing forward. Plus he scored that header the other day, we don't really have anyone could in the air.

But they'd ask like 70m for him and he's not worth that.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Richarlison would be Real nice. Hes quality, aggressive and works hard. Massive upgrade on Lacazette with a high ceiling.

Him with Pepe and Auba either side is filthy. But a filthy dream, not sure Everton would let Richy go for less than 60m and they'd massively play hard ball.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
-----------Leno/Emi
Bellerin - Luiz - Koulibaly* - Tierney
--------Zakaria* - Xhaka
Pepe ---- Coutinho*-----Auba
-------------Laca

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Worst case scenario -

Lose FA cup final.
Kroenke doesn't give any backing on transfers.
More or less a sell to buy market, same for most clubs.

Szoboszlai - up front payment of £8M
Coutinho - loan with option to buy
Ceballos - loan with obligation to buy

After that our sale money needs to go into Partey and a CB.

That would be a 0 net spend summer but ultimately a pretty amazing summer.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Benrahma
Buendia
Coutinho
Grealish
Aouar
Van de Beek
Ødegaard
Szoboszlai
Eberechi Eze
Cantwell
Brooks
Hamed Traore
Albert Lokonga
Thiago Almada
Mohamed Ihattaren

Take your pick, any two would do.

Last edited:

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Ideally I'd just take Nkunku and Dani Olmo straight off Leipzig, but there's no way that's happening, so we've got to find our own Nkunku's and Olmo's.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
This is what we lost when Ramsey left, a player who's constantly moving off the ball. These days everyone in the team is so static, they have no options when they receive the ball. We need players who can move, find space and pull the opposition out of shape. ESR is that type, but we need more.

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom