• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Houssem Aouar

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,500
  • Views 944,168
Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

So does anyone see it a big coincidence about this rumour, it coming on the same day as we officially sold Martinez?

Btw. I think we are pretty strong candidates anyway for Aouar, we have pretty strong French speaking core, plus the Wenger's French legacy effect.

Juninho & Edu connection doesn't hurt either.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I get this is the one to close now as negotiations could take weeks conceivably.

Nenad

Genuine question.

Why do we think we need Partey? We played Liverpool (twice), ManCity, Chelsea and Fulham and conceded only 2 goals.

Not talking down on Partey's qualities, is there anything he will offer that we don't currently have?
Few times Arteta was talking about 'enormous gap' in quality...
With Partey, Aouar and Willian that gap will not be enormous...

This should be only the beginning if we really have ambition to return to previous glory in next few years.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
I did not. But my American friend, if he was in our plans, and Arteta really believed in him, then why would he move for Willian and Auoar in the same window? Explain that to me, like I’m a 2 year old...;)
Because he’s a kid and we need experience? ESR got bags of potential.

Enz__

Anti Antique Abuse
If Aouar comes does that mean ESR goes on loan?
I had for whatever reason forgotten about ESRs position in all this. I rate him massively and my excitement for this signing is somewhat lessened now. I guess he has age on his side, hopefully it's a PL team if he does go on loan.

Reactions: A_G

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
So does anyone see it a big coincidence about this rumour, it coming on the same day as we officially sold Martinez?

Btw. I think we are pretty strong candidates anyway for Aouar, we have pretty strong French speaking core, plus the Wenger's French legacy effect.

Juninho & Edu connection doesn't hurt either.

A cynic might consider this any easy rumour to fabricate as you say. However we probably didn't have the money to bid before we sold Martinez

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If sending Lyon a couple of young players on loan for the season helps confirm this transfer that could actually benefit both teams really well.

Lyon need to sell players because they aren't in the Champions League, but they also need a good enough squad to get back into the Champions League.

They have arguably the best youth development system in France, and Juninho is the technical director. They already have a good relationship, let's try to figure something out that benefits both teams. In the long-run, this could give us a better chance of signing the next batch of Lyon talent.

Sending them ESR and/or Nelson for a season to seal the Aouar deal could benefit everyone. Lyon look like they may lose two attackers so they will need a player like Nelson, and ESR could try to fill the Aouar void.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal is in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gooner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gooner, you will always be a Gooner. This club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom