• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Houssem Aouar

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,500
  • Views 944,242
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We having big advantage in this we getting player who valued 60m for 45m or even 40m

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
I wish we show the fvck finger to OL and activate Party's release clause.

Divided_Pie

€40M + €10M in add-ons, final offer. If they say no just drop it and pay the RC for Partey.

Realistically Aouar is not going to help much this year in getting us back in to the CL. He's young and would need to adjust to the league, team, manager, tactics, required fitness level, and role. Partey would be much more of a boost for our CL ambitions. Come back in for another attacker next year when we have CL money, lots of big contracts are off the books, and Covid is (hopefully) no longer a factor.

I'm happy this season playing Partey with Ceballos and having Xhaka as the primary cover for them.

FinnGooner

Established Member
€40M + €10M in add-ons, final offer. If they say no just drop it and pay the RC for Partey.

Realistically Aouar is not going to help much this year in getting us back in to the CL. He's young and would need to adjust to the league, team, manager, tactics, required fitness level, and role. Partey would be much more of a boost for our CL ambitions. Come back in for another attacker next year when we have CL money, lots of big contracts are off the books, and Covid is (hopefully) no longer a factor.

I'm happy this season playing Partey with Ceballos and having Xhaka as the primary cover for them.

The €50m release clause has to be paid all at once so those deals would not be comparable even if the end figures match.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

The usual suspects are more interested in despair than in having a good team and a bright future with the club

#FakeNews

I disagree, who would want the club to fail?

We all want Partey and Aouar here but we’ve been getting sold dreams enough times now by the club.

Finesse

I think we are overplaying the fact Lyon need money to balance their books. Their board is clear on this issue. They are happy to sell to balance the books and invest in the team accordingly. However they are not desperate as some on here make it. They are resolute about their valuation of their most prized asset. It’s like Arsenal having Auba on the market with 3-4 years on his contract. Complete control on the valuation and terms of sale.

It is evident Arsenal is scraping down the barrels to close this. We are leaving it this late because we just do not have what is takes to close this on Lyon’s terms. We are hoping time will force Lyon to meet us half way. We know we are the only serious players on this. PSG interest is a loan with option to buy and that is not good for Lyon. Why would they loan their their best player with an option to buy ? They are better off keeping him and listen to offers next year. It’s not like his salary is their issue etc.

Aouar and Partey this window I think is possible. If we decided on one , then we would have closed this. I suspect we are hanging in there because we want to close both. Considering Partey is a buyout option.

Iceman10

Established Member
We are leaving it this late because we just do not have what is takes to close this on Lyon’s terms.

Aouar and Partey this window I think is possible. If we decided on one , then we would have closed this. I suspect we are hanging in there because we want to close both. Considering Partey is a buyout option.

I’m not sure on what level you are saying “we just do not have what it takes” if you believe we can get both. Instead this is the theory of haggling on Aouar first to not reveal our true finances with a Partey buyout first. We shall see.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

I'm also unsure that Aouar would have an immediate impact this season, but then i'm unsure that Partey would get us top 4 tbh, even though he'd have a more immediate impact. We currently don't create enough chances, don't take enough shots and don't score enough goals to get top 4...how does Partey address that?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Untitled.jpg

Wonder who he supports

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I think we are overplaying the fact Lyon need money to balance their books. Their board is clear on this issue. They are happy to sell to balance the books and invest in the team accordingly. However they are not desperate as some on here make it. They are resolute about their valuation of their most prized asset. It’s like Arsenal having Auba on the market with 3-4 years on his contract. Complete control on the valuation and terms of sale.

It is evident Arsenal is scraping down the barrels to close this. We are leaving it this late because we just do not have what is takes to close this on Lyon’s terms. We are hoping time will force Lyon to meet us half way. We know we are the only serious players on this. PSG interest is a loan with option to buy and that is not good for Lyon. Why would they loan their their best player with an option to buy ? They are better off keeping him and listen to offers next year. It’s not like his salary is their issue etc.

I still think we want both too. We have always known what is needed to get Partey, thats why all our attention has been on Aouar, its the harder nut to crack!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom