• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

With fabregas it probably rings true, wasn't playing in the right system and was regrettably sold because it didn't quite work out for him.

Sanchez left because he didn't want to be second fiddle to neymar.

Yeah so they upgraded Sanchez to Neymar and Cesc to Rakitic.

They probably weren’t that level of elite player you need at the very top in the end.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I never saw Rakitic as an elite player, think Barca just needed more legs in the middle than Cesc could provide at that point.

Don't hold much against players that are moved on, then their teams win big trophies...lot of other variables to that rather than just them not being at the club anymore, style/system/luck...Real was like 30 seconds away from losing to Atletico in that final, don't know how that has anything to with Özil, if he was there maybe they would have won 3-0 comfortably.

Don't think that should be used as a stick to beat Mes with.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Or the fact Özil is a literally world champion of the sport :lol:
So is Mustafi and Thomas Vermarlen is a CL winner.

And just to be clear watching Özil play is a true joy as a football purist. However when players like Jordan Henderson become a critical player in winning the league and the champions League, it shows that the game has moved on.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

04_-_pnltk.gif

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐

He speaks with such conviction here that you start to wonder maybe it is purely for footballing reasons. Either that or he's a sensational liar because he keeps eye contact the whole time, doesn't shown any nerves or any of the classic signs of lying or being unsure when saying something.

Whatever it was there was clearly something where Arteta just decided Özil wouldn't be part of his plans going forward anymore.
You literally have people carving out careers by acting, and pretending.
Footballers, and managers alike, go through countless interviews where they have to pretend or at times even lie. Transfer rumors, happiness at clubs, support of coaches, etc.

Doesn't take a sensational liar to be able to do what he did in the interview.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Arteta most probably didnt lie. The truth is that Özil probably doesnt fancy football that much anymore. Sure, its fun once in a while but the hunger and the passion is gone. Today he is more interested in making money than working hard for a place in the starting eleven. Greed got the better of him unfortunately.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Arteta is wierd one i agree about his decision about Özil because he got no future at club but then he keep giving chances to guys like Mustafi and Kola who also got no future at club.

One difference between Kola+Mustafi and Özil may be that Özil doesnt really give a sh1t about football nowadays. Kola and Mustafi, despite their flaws, are probably working hard in training and really willing to play in every possible game.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
I believe in my heart he checked out completely the day Wenger announced he was leaving. Suddenly he wasn't treated the way he had been anymore and his hunger just completely evaporated. Everything since then has just been glimpses.
I think he checked out after the world cup. Remember even Wenger tried with him afterwards and then the 'back injuries' and sudden 'illness' here and there started happening

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
You literally have people carving out careers by acting, and pretending.
Footballers, and managers alike, go through countless interviews where they have to pretend or at times even lie. Transfer rumors, happiness at clubs, support of coaches, etc.

Doesn't take a sensational liar to be able to do what he did in the interview.
So nothing he says is true?

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Can't wait for this to be done and for us to never have to discuss Özil ever again.
Unfortunately I doubt that it will be the case. I’m sure he’s gonna come out with stuff after he leaves or something. Or even 5 years down the line when he retires.

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
Won’t miss all the times he gets by-passed in midfield or the 80 minute disappearing acts.

He was okay at the time, but never Sanchez level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten

Latest posts

Top Bottom