• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

1.st time in Arsenal history without British-born player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck

Established Member
Well done Tangent. Quality post.

Why is it that Wenger hasn't managed to find an English defender who's better than Cygan? Hmmm...

Look who's jumping to defend Arsène now...Spudster Martin Jol. :wink:

Imagine that!

Anocht

Canuck said:
Well done Tangent. Quality post.

Why is it that Wenger hasn't managed to find an English defender who's better than Cygan? Hmmm...

Imagine that!

Yes, the academies are the main problem but when you look the Academy squad, What do you think that you find? More foreigns... :wink:
So, where's the problem? at Home? :argue

AFCG7

Established Member
If i was Stuart Taylor i'd run off to Spain and play for Sevilla, change my name to Estuarto Taylorondo and then send an anonymous message to Highbury asking them to check this up and coming young Spanish keeper.

brianfrance

Established Member
AFCG7 said:
If i was Stuart Taylor i'd run off to Spain and play for Sevilla, change my name to Estuarto Taylorondo and then send an anonymous message to Highbury asking them to check this up and coming young Spanish keeper.

:lol: :lol: And change his hair-cut for the mullet :lol:

Anocht

AFCG7 said:

What a sarcasm! :lol: So, Mateo Upson? José Pennantes? :thumbup
I just hope that you don't have anything against spanish speakers because I am one and Arsenal has a lot of fans in Latin America. :respect

patrick42uk

Established Member
Canuck said:

Imagine that!

jol talks a lot of sense, probably the manager i like the most after wenger in this league. he knows so much about football and is refreshingly honest with his opinions as we'v seen here. mourinho turned the issue into politics, using it as a dig to his rival. but jol has come out and speak his mind, and the truth really. this is the way european football is going.

Aussie

Established Member
Firstly i said WHAT IF in a few years time we have no Englishman in our starting 11? Its possible that it could happen the way things are going.

I have never ever said play **** English players just so we can have a few homegrown players in the squad. Never said that.

I and many others feel that in the next few years its important that we have a few English players in the squad.

I know we have Cole and Sol. Well Sol aint getting any younger and who knows what Cole is going to do. I think Smith can make it but you never know. Its possible that we will not have a English player getting a game regulary at Arsenal.

Trust me. It will become a issue then.

_scorpion_

Established Member
Aussie said:
Firstly i said WHAT IF in a few years time we have no Englishman in our starting 11? Its possible that it could happen the way things are going.

I have never ever said play s**t English players just so we can have a few homegrown players in the squad. Never said that.

I and many others feel that in the next few years its important that we have a few English players in the squad.

I know we have Cole and Sol. Well Sol aint getting any younger and who knows what Cole is going to do. I think Smith can make it but you never know. Its possible that we will not have a English player getting a game regulary at Arsenal.

Trust me. It will become a issue then.

NOTHING

life will go on and ill continue to support the team.

Cant say the same for a bunch of people in this thread that want to make a big deal out of nothing.

What if in 2 years time we have 3 or 4 englishmen in the side, but we only finish 4th.....what will you cry about then?

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
should we even be talking about this?? i have commented many times about the lack of english players at arsenal even though i am not english but we dont have the money to buy the over-priced english talent. pennant got his chance. anyone who denies that is a bastard. i am pretty sure he would have got a new deal if he hadnt ****ed up 3 weeks ago. bentley will play for us next season. what the **** do you want us to do?? splash 30 mill on overpriced, indiciplined prats like rio ferdinand?? the only english players capable of improving arsenal are too expensive. give me the vieira's of this world for 3.5 mill over gerrards for 30 million. if there is an english player who can improve the squad that is not overpriced, i'm sure wenger will look into buying him. we are not anti-english and we dont give a **** where players are from. if they are good enough for arsenal and we can afford them, they will play. i ask you to consider the asking prices of these players: ferdinand, terry, gerrard, beckham, downing, SWP, lampard, defoe and rooney. we cant afford overpriced english stars. we will find players to do the job. we have to look abroad. we have no choice. if a brazilian can do a job for an eighth of the price of an english player, give me the brazilian any day. we dont look at passports, we look at the player. thats the way it should be. we won 5-1 for **** sake!! i'm delighted. i dont care where they are from, they played their hearts out in the red and white on monday and thats all i need.

bethie

theguvnor_senior said:
bro who you? you register a new nick so just to post about this issue? or are you another forummer who didn't want to post in his 'original' nick because

ahem
well
I been browsing this rather interesting debate, one in which im not going to get mixed up in, as i know, all will be blamed on me as usual. But i did have to reply to this one. Do you really believe i would stoop low enough into changing to a totally different name just to post under the radar, dont think so darling. When i create a new name after my one before is unfairly blocked i will make no disguises with who i am. I am who i am, im not ashamed of it, im not ashamed of the way i conducted myself on this forum and i know for a fact more of you than not actually didnt want me gone. As i read today on a new forum i post on someone mentioned 'explosive posters', people who liven things up, who get close to the mark but are worth reading and cause good threads.Well my friends i would class myself as one of those, and i must say, on revisiting this site for the first time in a few days its got rather dull around here.
Still, no doubt this username will be banned, although by rights a new username means a new user which means that new user should be given a clean slate, but head authorities have taken a distaste to me, much apity. I may keep dropping in, probably when ive got the day off work after arriving back from munich i will post a view from the stands as i know very very very few others here travel abroad with the arsenal. Anyway, im off, just thought id clear your paranoid heads that im not going to post under a new username, and that lad who came on claiming to be my nephew was actually legit, if you dont believe me or he i will quite willingly show you all a picture of him to show we are shock and horror actually different peaople.

Oh, and seing that im in this thread, just a quickie....having no brits in the squad of 16 is an absolute disgrace, i left after our 5th goal as i couldnt get to terms with the embaressment. I dont expect many of you to feel the same, but then again, do i give a s**t???

regards

dude, i didn't even know you were gone, much lest refer to you in my posting. so the next time, if and when you are going to stir the pot, let me know its you with a big hint aye, there are a lot of imitators around and i am not yet astute enough to pick out who's the real deal. :lol:

you should have just left when you saw the line up but then again, we all don't give a **** anyway right? :wink:

rgd

A

Anonymous

Heh, left after the 5th goal. What an embarassment not having an Englishman in the team.

So let's have a team of 11 Englishmen, and lose 3-0, eh?

And what sort of fan leaves before the final whistle?

Gooner83

how come 'theguvnor' is allowed to keep registering his IP should be banned.

Anyway onto the topic, If it wasn't for all the quality foreign players in the Premiership it would be crap and boring.

England bar a few players don't produce the Talent that Spain, France, Italy, Brazil Does.

Kaka is more stylish than Rooney
Vieira is better than Gerrard
Maldini is better than Terry

Aussie

Established Member
I find it amazing that people seem to think we want a team of 11 Englishmen. Nobody has ever said that. Just belive that its important that a English infulence remains in the team in the years to come. Of course a player should not get picked just because they are English once again nobody has ever said that. They have to work for there spot like everyone else.

pamilih

Arsenal is a London club and London is one of the world's capital. People from London, unlike those from the fringes of civilisation, understand the inevitable trend of globalisation and don't mind.

sabret00the

Established Member
ASHBURRN said:
Heh, left after the 5th goal. What an embarassment not having an Englishman in the team.

So let's have a team of 11 Englishmen, and lose 3-0, eh?

And what sort of fan leaves before the final whistle?
one trying to avoid the traffic ;) :lol:

nah although i appreciate that the guv's banned, he has a point, wenger likes to do this whole double standard thing when it comes to english players.

i.e. sign world wide non-internationals then when it comes to british only wants to sign star internationals and wonders why their so expensive, take as someone said in another post

compare terry to maldini, gerrard to vieira and kaka to rooney and you'll see the prices are around the same, give or take some media coverage.

all in all, i personally don't feel we've really made an attempt to sign anyone english but that's more than just down to wenger, that's down to our scouts too.

the disgrace isn't so much that we fielded a 16 man foreign team, it's more the fact that we're saying that we haven't got an english player good enough in the whole club other than those injured to make the 16 man team, and that's more so sad than a disgrace.

seb_afc

Established Member
we are never going to reach an agreement on this topic. each individual has his/her own opinion and i think we should just leave it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you don't believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom