• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

4-5-1

Gurgen

Established Member
You beat me to it :lol:

Honestly though, I'm baffled. I can't think of a single reason to play this formation. Not one. And yet we play it again and again.

Viper

Established Member
I SWEAR IM GOING TO ****ING BEAT THE **** OUT JOSE MOURINHO (HE IS THE REASON WE ARE USING 451) IF I EVER COME ACROSS HIM.

Wenger is a hypocrite. He said the football should have attacking football and the 451 eliminates this, and he uses the 451...

Gurgen

Established Member
I still haven't decided what pisses me off more, Henry as a captain or this 4-5-1 thingy.

Viper

Established Member
I'd say Henry as a captain. 451 would work if we put someone like Van Persie of Adebayor in the middle, with Henry at the left side.

Sigun

I dont understand why Wenger is sticking by this, its sooo frustrating to watch.

Henry is not a lone striker!

Though our formation wasent the only problem today, we cant challenge for a ball, and Gilberto really is invisible...and crap

hesham

Established Member
i hate the 451 our style is attack and should always be that ..
but if were gona play it then we should at least play it the right ****ing way
The whole point of playing five in the middle is to make it stronger there...
so whats the ****ing point if 4 of our 5 midfielders are attacking players!!!
There has to be to strong cm in there for it to work out of flamini/diaby/gilberto there should be two in a five man midfield although gilberto doesnt ****ing two deserve to play again EVER

Wenger14

Established Member
When did anyone think this was our best formation?

I hate it, it doesn't suit our style and Henry is piss poor playing as a lone striker.

sabret00the

Established Member
Gurgen said:
I still haven't decided what pisses me off more, Henry as a captain or this 4-5-1 thingy.
you dirty stealing bastard, that's exactly my thoughts :lol:

seriously i'm baffled at which one i hate most, but for now, we're stuck with henry as captain, we're not stuck with 4-5-1 so let's change it.

Do you know we've never won a game playing 4-5-1 ever?

Hilal

At least with all these defeats, Wenger can't keep deluding himself into thinking this is the way too go.

Genius

Even when we've managed to scrape victories over the likes of Charlton, the team has never looked comfortable playing this formation.

Henry as a lone striker. :lol:

Rohit

Established Member
It's brillliant to be honest,it's actually 4-6-0,another Wenger masterstroke,anyone of the 6 midfielders can score,we just need to get used to it.

It is'nt total football,but that is extinct anyways.It's just as close to it as any other formation can get.None of the 6 midfielders have a specific position they can play anywhere.I don't understand what all teh fuss is about.It ll click.

Gurgen

Established Member
Wenger was devastated today though, I think maybe, just maybe, he has realised this will never work.

AxlGunners

It doesn't work. Every time we start with the 4-5-1 formation I have a sinking feeling. I really hope we don't use it again.

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom