• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

4-5-1

Rohit

Established Member
We will,i am sure,you see it in a weeks time against Bolton at the Reebok in the FA Cup.

If Wenger did not let go it today against Everton a team with hardly the personnel like Bolton to really trouble us physically IF we were 100% committed,i doubt he ll let go of it against Bolton,a team of thugs who ll bully us anyways.

mungooner

I'm not sure when Arsène decided that henry was the same kind of player as drogba. Nor is he called adebayor. Thierry is the most prolific striker arsenal has ever had, and sonce he came he has always scored goals and we have never played 4-5-1. It is a negative, uncreative, Bolton-like formation. I'm not sure i'll be able to control my rant if i dont stop now.

mungooner

It's brillliant to be honest,it's actually 4-6-0,another Wenger masterstroke,anyone of the 6 midfielders can score,we just need to get used to it.

It is'nt total football,but that is extinct anyways.It's just as close to it as any other formation can get.None of the 6 midfielders have a specific position they can play anywhere.I don't understand what all teh fuss is about.It ll click.

Rohit i dont have ****ing clue what you are talking about. Total football is not extinct. We beat Middleborough 7-0 last week. We went on a brilliant run at the end of last season, and we have never ever ever played 4-5-1/4-6-0. It'll never click with all the midfielders all over the place, since they are always out of position. They are all low on confidence, and the only people on our team who can shoot at the moment are Henry and RVP. Masterstroke my hairy arse.

mungooner

If i dont let it all out i'll probably break a window or something. Check out my comment on the Everton v. Arsenal thread.

Rohit

Established Member
mungooner said:
It's brillliant to be honest,it's actually 4-6-0,another Wenger masterstroke,anyone of the 6 midfielders can score,we just need to get used to it.

It is'nt total football,but that is extinct anyways.It's just as close to it as any other formation can get.None of the 6 midfielders have a specific position they can play anywhere.I don't understand what all teh fuss is about.It ll click.

Rohit i dont have f****g clue what you are talking about. Total football is not extinct. We beat Middleborough 7-0 last week. We went on a brilliant run at the end of last season, and we have never ever ever played 4-5-1/4-6-0. It'll never click with all the midfielders all over the place, since they are always out of position. They are all low on confidence, and the only people on our team who can shoot at the moment are Henry and RVP. Masterstroke my hairy arse.

......and i don't have a fcuking clue how you took me seriously.

Anyways total football is indeed extinct,our 7-0 was flowing football but not "total football".
Total football was a brand of football only played by Johan Cryuff's dutch team and his concept whereby "no one in a team had a fixed position....",i don't thin i need to explain it after that statement.

mungooner

There's no point in sarcasm when arsenal have just lost. there shouldnt be any humour involved. I cant believe you would even bother making a joke of it. Not only is sarcy the lowest form of wit, how is anyone expected to pick up on it when they are in a ****ing **** mood?

Rohit

Established Member
....... and how do you expect me to write any analytical,intellectual posts when i m in a sh!t mood too and sick of watching this pathetic 4-5-1 !!

There was'nt supposed to be any humour involved,sarcasm yes,but if it offended anyone then i m sorry.

Courier

Any team that plays 451 with success has

1. a target man

2. wide players who can CROSS. Surely with 5 its win it get it wide then MF players ATTACK from the centre, not continue to play in conjested areas?

3. A solid defence that can actually pass and bring the ball out of defence to RETAIN possession.

Probably a 4 and 5 *cant be ars*d) but tactically Wenger just has NO clue honestly I have seen more inventive changes during a game from my sons under 16 league managers!

ccc

actually, I think 451 is not that bad. AW just didn't get right players to fill in. campbell could be even a better lone striker than henry IMO :D

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
we should play 4-5-1 when we're at least 5-0 up and the game is 5 minutes away from full time.

heck we can even play 10-0-0 if we want to in that situation i don't care.

Tegh

Established Member
Dear God.
Like I say, I wasn't in so couldn't watch the match today, but did we honestly play 4-5-1?
I'm going to do a Sharon Watts and tear my own face off.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
Tegh said:
Dear God.
Like I say, I wasn't in so couldn't watch the match today, but did we honestly play 4-5-1?
I'm going to do a Sharon Watts and tear my own face off.

like i said in the everton vs arsenal post, most of the time we looked like we played 4-6-0.

and there's this single moment when we looked like we were playing 3-7-0.

and you better believe it, in the 75th minute, the awesome kerrea gilbert was replaced by hleb and guess who filled in the right back slot?

it is more than you could've imagined. it's our mr calvin klein, freddie ljungberg.

everything's screwed up today. from the formation to the positions.

James

Established Member
The fact we played Ljungberg, Pires and Reyes in a 4-5-1 was why we lost. Was never going to work away from home against a side like Everton, or anyone in fact.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
A 4-5-1 formation requires 2 world class wingers who will sprint up and down the pitch all day long, and are capable of beating their men - neither reyes or freddie are capable of doing one or the other. It also requires a striker who will play as a target man - something henry clearly is not. It also requires 3 solid and consistent central midfielders - something fabregas is physically unable to provide week in week out at this age, gilberto is unable to provide due to form, and pires is unable to provide due to the fact that he's a actually a winger.

All in all, i think its a disaster.

hesham

Established Member
Jose_Reyes_2005 said:
A 4-5-1 formation requires 2 world class wingers who will sprint up and down the pitch all day long, and are capable of beating their men - neither reyes or freddie are capable of doing one or the other. It also requires a striker who will play as a target man - something henry clearly is not. It also requires 3 solid and consistent central midfielders - something fabregas is physically unable to provide week in week out at this age, gilberto is unable to provide due to form, and pires is unable to provide due to the fact that he's a actually a winger.

All in all, i think its a disaster.

Seriously... i would love to know how the **** AW came out with that formation.. it makes no sence whatso ever.. if he was doing it to strengthen the medfield then it just makes no sense

kamikaze80

Established Member
the way i see it, if our midfield is gonna be crap anyway, we might as well play 442. at least we might score a goal.

this whole idea of our midfield being too weak for away games, and the subsequent desire to pack our midfield with 5 players is a self-fulfilling prophecy. lets just play our game.

Courier

He'll say its cos we get outmuscled. So what the f*c* were Pires and Freddie doing out there when we just paid 3 million for a 6ft+ CM we are meant to be crying out for? But the best bit is freddie is supplying NO attacking threat from an advanced position so why weaken an already weak defence by putting him in there. Once again substitutions that either make no difference or weaken us.

Tactically Wenger is an absolute c**t.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom