• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

6 points off the top? It's realistically do-able.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swish

Established Member
Re: 9 points off the top? It's do-able.

Pies said:
I've said it is mathematically still possible in my very first post.
Keep up chap.
Yeah, and you also said it 'won't' happen. Which is a concluding comment. Stop trying to get out of the corner you've fought your way in. It's a waste of energy for you.

Proof

Established Member

I'm basing my skepticism, on the last 5 years experience. So, we'll have to hope for the right moves in the summer and try and win the PL title, in the next season.

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐

Glovegun said:
Each year Wenger throws away a domestic cup, the more the pressure increases to win the league.

If we had picked up the FA Cup this season, and finished five points off top spot I think people would see that as major progress
. Whereas instead it'll be the another year no trophies story again.

Agree fully on the bold - will reserve judgement on the rest!

I think we're not likely to but I havent given up hope yet

Pies

Swish said:
Pies said:
I've said it is mathematically still possible in my very first post.
Keep up chap.
Yeah, and you also said it 'won't' happen. Which is a concluding comment. Stop trying to get out of the corner you've fought your way in. It's a waste of energy for you.

What corner? The corner where I said that it's mathematically still possible, but I don't think we will do it? Yes that's correct. Not sure why you keep trying to play that card with me on this when it's not working. Obviously nothing is impossible in the race until it is mathematically impossible (as I've already said) , but I don't think it is realistic to think that we can win it this season, and in fact I don't think we will. Sorry if you don't agree with that, fair enough. As I said earlier, even if it was one club we were trying to catch then it would be very hard, but Man Utd and Chelsea above us? Very difficult to think that we can win it, mathematically possible, but not too realistic imo.

ultradoc

Established Member

Oh give up you both. We get it. Going at it like a couple of teenagers,trying to have the last word.

Swish, would you say at the beginning of the season that Hull city would have a chance of winning the trophy? That's all Pies is trying to tell.

Swish

Established Member

ultradoc said:
Oh give up you both. We get it. Going at it like a couple of teenagers,trying to have the last word.

Swish, would you say at the beginning of the season that Hull city would have a chance of winning the trophy? That's all Pies is trying to tell.
They have a chance, sure. But they are nowhere near favourites for it.

But that's not what Pies was saying. Pies is one of many, he just happened to post when I saw it. Hull's chances of winning the premiership are far, far slimmer than our chances. So the comparisons, whilst sounding good in your head, are irrelevant.

If we go by Pies theory, we could just do away with the league and flip a coin every year to see which of Chelsea and United won the season. Thankfully, nothing is predetermined. Even at this stage, nothing is definite. As long as there is a chance, we should remain positive. What point is it in being a supporter by giving up and saying 'well, that's it then, we've lost the league' when not every avenue has been closed down and theres still little under half a season to go?

It's just defeatism of the highest order and frankly, a little bit cowardly of those to protect themselves from putting more faith in the team when the liklihood is that we won't win. It's even more ridiculous for those who have closed off their faith and support of this team through thick and thin to try and lord it up amongst those who have got the balls to get behind the team when we need it the most.

Pies

Swish said:
ultradoc said:

They have a chance, sure. But they are nowhere near favourites for it.

But that's not what Pies was saying. Pies is one of many, he just happened to post when I saw it. Hull's chances of winning the premiership are far, far slimmer than our chances. So the comparisons, whilst sounding good in your head, are irrelevant.

If we go by Pies theory, we could just do away with the league and flip a coin every year to see which of Chelsea and United won the season. Thankfully, nothing is predetermined. Even at this stage, nothing is definite. As long as there is a chance, we should remain positive. What point is it in being a supporter by giving up and saying 'well, that's it then, we've lost the league' when not every avenue has been closed down and theres still little under half a season to go?

It's just defeatism of the highest order and frankly, a little bit cowardly of those to protect themselves from putting more faith in the team when the liklihood is that we won't win. It's even more ridiculous for those who have closed off their faith and support of this team through thick and thin to try and lord it up amongst those who have got the balls to get behind the team when we need it the most.

Come on Swish, you should feel bad for that.
That's terrible to suggest that's what I'm saying, I didn't expect that from you.

I've only said that whilst it's mathematically possible, it's highly unlikely that we can do it this season, and in fact I don't think we will do it. Hardly what you are suggesting in that. That's awful man, you should feel bad for that and questioning my love for this club.

Swish

Established Member

You said we won't do it. Now you've adopted a better outlook with saying it's highly unlikely we will do it.

I'll ignore the comments about how I should feel bad for saying what I did. I'm not that emotionally attached to feel bad for upsetting somebody who turned their back on the club and ruled out any chance, slim or else. Still, nice to see some compromise in your recent comments. Glad it wasn't completely in vain.

Pies

Swish said:
You said we won't do it. Now you've adopted a better outlook with saying it's highly unlikely we will do it.

I'll ignore the comments about how I should feel bad for saying what I did. I'm not that emotionally attached to feel bad for upsetting somebody who turned their back on the club and ruled out any chance, slim or else. Still, nice to see some compromise in your recent comments. Glad it wasn't completely in vain.

We won't do it though imo. Mathematically possibly, but I don't think it's realistic either, in fact I don't think we will do it. I don't know why you keep trying to spin what I'm saying. You should feel bad for trying to twist what I'm saying.

Swish

Established Member

There you go with that feeling stuff again :lol:

Anyway, back to the game. If we score and other results stay the same, watch this thread explode with more optimism.

Pies

Way to avoid what I'm saying yet again and spin it to what suits you. I think I finally got you.

Illusion

Established Member

Well the results went our way, but we're still massive outsiders for the title.

Need the results to go our way at least three more times, as well as keeping up wins in order to win the league.

Have to now hope yet again that our injuries today aren't so bad and the team can start playing better.

Swish

Established Member

:lol:

Anyway, Arsenal win 1-0. United finished 1-1 with Villa and Everton are currently beating Chelsea 2-1 with a couple of minutes left.

So, Chelsea are looking to drop 3 points and United have dropped 2. We've grabbed 3. That means we're 6 points behind the leaders and 5 behind United.

I remember people saying before the run of games that as long as we are only 5-6 points behind the top team, we'll have a good chance of winning the prem. Guess what chaps, we're only 6 points behind now.

Anyone still being miserable about our chances?

ibby

Established Member

Title change to 6 points please Swish. :wink:

IBL

Established Member

we're underdogs but that suits us fine.

We've now got all games against ManU, Chelsea, Liverpool and Villa out of the way.

Every remaining game for us is realistically winnable, only **** away is the tricky. Nothing to lose so lets go for it

raidersoftheark

Established Member

If anything United will win it. Chelsea can't hack it away and we lost all the 6 pointers.

Rorz

Established Member

Even if we are only 6 points behind Chelsea at the end of tonight, 4 points from 12 in this run of games is a shocking return.

MAK 14

Established Member

Andy Gray said that if Arsenal are six points off at the end of this tough spell then we're in with a good chance of winning the league. I have to agree.

Swish

Established Member

ibby said:
Title change to 6 points please Swish. :wink:
With great pleasure amigo. :lol:

(Just waited for the final score to come in with Chelsea, bunch of thugs at the end)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom