• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

6 points off the top? It's realistically do-able.

Status
Not open for further replies.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Re: 9 points off the top? It's do-able.

it's not like Chelsea and Manu have been unbeatable this season. I'm sure they are going to drop more points. We just need to concentrate on going on a good run and take as much points as possible. They still have to play eachother and I think there's a good chance either one or both of them will drop points tomorrow.

Feanor

Established Member

I guess only time will tell but I'm not sure why you guys think that these 2 teams are more likely to drop points than us. They have everything going for them, are full of confidence and have the mental strength to win things but we haven't...to each his own I guess.

Swish

Established Member

Feanor said:
I guess only time will tell but I'm not sure why you guys think that these 2 teams are more likely to drop points than us. They have everything going for them, are full of confidence and have the mental strength to win things but we haven't...to each his own I guess.
We have been pretty consistent beating the weaker teams this season. United and Chelsea have a lot of tough fixtures for the remainder of the season, including a game each other.

Believe it or not, but we have been better at taking all three points against the teams out of the top 4 this season than both United and Chelsea.

Czar

Its funny how 3 points can change everything...

If either Man U and Chelsea drops points tomorrow or in the weekend, and we win, the tone and attitude of this thread will change. Suddenly everyone will believe. Its just that Swish trying to get across to everyone.

I salute your effort,Swish. We need more people like you on this forum.

Chelsea, Man U and Arsenal will drop points. The question is just which of the teams it will be and more importantly, how much points will be dropped.

Comparing the fixtures, like someone have done above, will simply show we have good chance to get some points back on our rivals. Neither Man U or Chealsea will survive their tough fixtures completely. They will drop points..

...So the big question is really whether we will drop less points then those two and if that will be enough for the silverware?

Only time will tell. One thing is sure though and thats its way, WAY too early for this negativity.

jay-d

Established Member

It's time for realism we need to realise we are in a fight for 4th place now and forget the title. A loss tonight and all of a sudden Man City will take us if they win their games in hand and all of the other clubs are within distance.

banduan

Established Member

Forget about it. If we still win we've just won the lottery.

CL from here on out.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1

We need to win all of our remaining matches.

Even a draw will put a big dent to our title hope as I don't see chelsea and man utd will lose more than 3 games from now on, but they are not invincible from a series of draws.

flobaba

Man U probably wouldn't. Barring an injury to Rooney or any other similar catastrophe (not that there could be anything worse), this is the time of year when they are strongest and most consistent. They've proven that time and again. It's almost impossible to overturn them now.

Czar

Thats why I envy the red devils. They have a annoying habit of deciding when they peak and keep up that high level for long time.

They had a "poor" fall and still they are up here. And now they are peaking.. Sjees. Monsters. I hope Aston Villa will contain them tonight.

CrazyInLoveWithArsenal

85 points will win the title this season. The way the season has panned I fancy 85 will be good enough.

As it stands we are 36 points off that marker with 14 games to play. We are going to need to on an astronomical run to pick up 36 from the remaining 42 points. Even if by some stroke of luck we do it both United and Chelsea are well capable of surpassing that mark (I think both won't though).

Pies

qs said:
Pies said:
realistically we are out.

Thats what people said after our first loss to Chelsea yet we went top after that.

Pies said:
Another season down the drain.

You should google the words "champions league"

2m7hisi.jpg

So you think we will win the league and/or Champions League this season?
Ok.

2m7hisi.jpg

I'll bump this post at the end of the season and we'll see who's right then. Another season of nothing, I guess if you want to call a Top 4 finish a successful season then you are happy.

Swish

Established Member

Pies said:
I'll bump this post at the end of the season and we'll see who's right then.
Another 'I told you so' post from a fan wanting to see the Arsenal fall flat on its face to prove him right.

Far too many of these types on this board imo.

sagreig

We absolutely must win today and Chelsea and Man Utd absolutely must not.

We'll see what the situation is at 10pm tonight. If we don't win, then I think it's safe to say we have no chance of making-up the gap.

Pies

Swish said:
Pies said:
I'll bump this post at the end of the season and we'll see who's right then.
Another 'I told you so' post from a fan wanting to see the Arsenal fall flat on its face to prove him right.

Far too many of these types on this board imo.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

So wrong. But thanks for putting words into my mouth, I'll let you know when I want you to say something else.

I fail to see how being realistic equals wanting the club to fall flat on it's face.

Swish

Established Member

Saying that you'll bump up this thread at the end of the season to show how wrong somebody is, is just saying that you're waiting for the told you so moment once the team fails.

Pies

Swish said:
Saying that you'll bump up this thread at the end of the season to show how wrong somebody is, is just saying that you're waiting for the told you so moment once the team fails.

I'm absolutely wanting to show that he is wrong and anyone else who thinks we can still win the league is wrong. He seemed to think that we can come back and win it, of course I want to show him that I am right.

Unfortunate, but very realistic. I don't see how that equals wanting our club to fail.

sagreig

Pies said:
Swish said:

I'm absolutely wanting to show that he is wrong and anyone else who thinks we can still win the league is wrong. He seemed to think that we can come back and win it, of course I want to show him that I am right.

Unfortunate, but very realistic. I don't see how that equals wanting our club to fail.

And what will you do after you've won the internet?

Grow up?

Fair enough.

qs

Established Member

Pies said:
qs said:
Pies said:
realistically we are out.

Thats what people said after our first loss to Chelsea yet we went top after that.

Pies said:
Another season down the drain.

You should google the words "champions league"

2m7hisi.jpg

So you think we will win the league and/or Champions League this season?
Ok.

2m7hisi.jpg

I'll bump this post at the end of the season and we'll see who's right then. Another season of nothing, I guess if you want to call a Top 4 finish a successful season then you are happy.

I'm sick and tired of idiotic questions like "So you think we will win the league and/or Champions League this season?" If you want to bump this thread in some vain attempt to prove yourself right you tell me exactly who is going to win the CL? Go on, seeing as you know everything!

We can win the CL, same as a number of other teams. Its a cup and its unpredictable.

Pies

sagreig said:
Pies said:
Swish said:

And what will you do after you've won the internet?

Grow up?

Fair enough.

A reply like that and you are asking me to grow up????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season

Latest posts

Top Bottom