• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

6 points off the top? It's realistically do-able.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raider

Established Member
Re: 9 points off the top? It's do-able.

RC8 said:
Del Boy said:
Here is a stat for you Swish:

Man United/Chelsea vs. Arsenal in 2009/2010 0/12 points taken, 1 scored, 10 conceded.

Champions? I think not.

That's not so, we have scored 2 goals.

That said: there's no way we'll win the league this year.

Exactly, you can't not beat the teams you're competing with. Like you said, no way we will win the league.

Even if, by some miraculous miracle we pull it off - I'd feel so cheap at winning it the way we did/will.

Captain

Established Member

Raider said:
Even if, by some miraculous miracle we pull it off - I'd feel so cheap at winning it the way we did/will.

by getting more points over 38 games then anyone else?

The same way that every league has been won...

Goonereagle

Captain said:
Raider said:

by getting more points over 38 games then anyone else?

The same way that every league has been won...
Royal Flush!

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member

It'd take a pretty incredible run of form to win the league at this point so I don't think it'd feel cheap at all.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member

I'm highly pessimistic but bloody hell whats with this attitude that winning it would be someway tainted. If anything it would be one of the sweetest ever. I'll piss myself laughing at all of those who talked down to us like we were a team of pyrennial losers punching above our weight. If we win this, I won't give a flying fu** that we lost twice to both United and Chelsea.

MAK 14

Established Member

Raider said:
You can't fluke your way to winning the league. Usually the team who wins the title fully deserved to win it. If we have more points than anyone else in the league, we'll be deserved winners.

alboots101

Established Member

tooooooooooooooooooooooo right.

i saw that and thought...

whale oil beef hooked.

Swish

Established Member

Raider said:
Exactly, you can't not beat the teams you're competing with. Like you said, no way we will win the league.

Was United's league win last year cheap?

Floating

Established Member

How is this thread any different than the "Premiership 09-10: Our Race" thread? Both are essentially discussing the same exact thing - the remainder of the season.

Raider

Established Member

Swish said:
Raider said:

No. They at least beat other contenders.

Yeah sure a win is a win, is a win. I'd be over the moon, but there would always been a downside to this title if we were to go on and win it. Apart from the Everton win I can't get too many positives out of any wins w've had this season.

Its either flukey or we snatch a win. I really want to be in a powerful position where we dominate a team tactically, positionally, stats wise and then round off a great display with a crushing scorline.

Timleaf

Established Member

Any person that says a league win without beating your nearest rivals is devalued is, quite frankly, a muppet. Cant imagine any long time supporter, or anyone who's played competitive, organised football themselves would ever say something so ridiculous.

Raider

Established Member

Armor for Sleep said:
I'm highly pessimistic but bloody hell whats with this attitude that winning it would be someway tainted. If anything it would be one of the sweetest ever..

Either way, like I said before - I'd be happy.

I'd still feel like the others hand to crumble and then we leap frog them. Instead of being rampant and crushing our way to the top.

It's probably me preferably wanting to win it that way, but a league win is a league win, right..

Swish

Established Member

Raider said:
Swish said:
Raider said:

No. They at least beat other contenders.
They got turned over in both games by the team that finished runners-up, so no, not really.

Raider

Established Member

Yeah, not denying that, but they took 4 points from Chelsea.

Swish

Established Member

So? Chelsea finished 3rd.

If you wanna move the goalposts just to bash this team on such a trivial matter as a premier league win leaving a bitter aftertaste, go ahead. Personally, I fail to see any difference between what United didn't do and what we didn't do if we completed such a feat. As has been said several times, this competition is won over 38 games, not 4.

Feanor

Established Member

Chelsea has to drop 9 points (if we have GD in our favor) in the same span and we can't drop any more points...I'm all for optimism (not really) but what makes you guys think that will happen? Who exactly are they going to drop 3 games against? Oh, and in the meantime we need Manure to drop 7 points...

Swish

Established Member

Feanor said:
Chelsea has to drop 9 points (if we have GD in our favor) in the same span and we can't drop any more points...I'm all for optimism (not really) but what makes you guys think that will happen? Who exactly are they going to drop 3 games against? Oh, and in the meantime we need Manure to drop 7 points...
Looking at the results earlier in the season against the teams they have left to face this season, they dropped 13 points overall. United dropped about 9 or 11, forgotten which.

It's unlikely that they will drop those points again, but then, they were unlikely to drop that amount of points in the first place.

Nobody is saying it's easy pickings, we are just saying that it is indeed, possible. With the way that this season has gone, anything is possible.

dutchMasta

Raider said:
Either way, like I said before - I'd be happy.

I'd still feel like the others hand to crumble and then we leap frog them. Instead of being rampant and crushing our way to the top.

It's probably me preferably wanting to win it that way, but a league win is a league win, right..
I can understand, but trust me, if we win, you'll be over the moon and those losses won't mean ****. We did the double over Man U a couple of seasons ago and I never mention it, cos the fact they won the league that season means so much more. If Chelsea and Man U hand it to us, who cares? We'll gladly take it! Their loss. Our win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom