• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

A thread for everything Fabregas related

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
"Cesc" was an overrated rat-faced **** who'll burn in hell.
chillpill.jpg~c200

:cool:

Sykes

Not comparing both, just saying how difficult it will be to replace him. We struggled to replace Cesc creativity till...Özil came along. Yes you could say we got Santi, but Özil is truly the one that has adequately replaced Cesc. If Özil leaves, who comes in?? We probably will change our style of play again because it'll be almost impossible to replace Özil like for like.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Cesc and Özil are completely different players. If Wenger wasn't more into baby sitting and over indulging his young guns Fabregas would've been the best midfield player in the world by fixing his positioning. He became more productive as an offensive midfielder but it took away what could've been the most dominant midfield player. Along with Cesc we have had two more players developed here that have zero understanding and regards to positional play.

Özil though I doubt has the physical along with mental capacity to run the game. I thought he could be like that this season but he seems to get going in one capacity and reduces in another way at the same time instead of tying it all together. And he is a moments player and off the ball mover. Cesc had all that and more despite being poor defensively. Cesc did have better attackers to play with compared to Özil Alexis apart.

Imagine....
RvP
Alexis-Özil-Hleb
Xhaka-Cesc

Champions League, maybe. :(:(:(

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Cesc may have been on track to be better than Messi. He was and still is the best teenager I've ever seen.

Wenger made him shine but also ruined his non-arsenal career. Like someone mentioned above, Cesc missed out on some of the more 'boring' parts of the game such as defensive positioning.

Not a surprise he's been a defensive liability at every other club he's played for.

Cesc may have been on track to be better than Messi. He was and still is the best teenager I've ever seen.

Wenger made him shine but also ruined his non-arsenal career. Like someone mentioned above, Cesc missed out on some of the more 'boring' parts of the game such as defensive positioning.

Not a surprise he's been a defensive liability at every other club he's played for.

Are you saying that Wenger ruined Fabregas non-Arsenal career because he didn't coach him to defend? Or am I misreading?

Johnny_Blaze

Established Member
*adds Messi to the list of players Fabregas was apparently better than*

*list now includes Xavi, Iniesta, Zidane, Pirlo, Vieira, Lampard, Ronaldo who were inferior to Fabregas according to Arsenal internet forums*

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Fabregas was always going to be a defensive liability because he's a terrible athlete, too weak and slow to ever affect that side of the game. Wenger did the right thing pushing him further up the pitch as a 10.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐

I can't accept Wenger 'ruined' his career post-Arsenal either. Fabregas always had the world of potential, but Wenger bent over backwards to help him realise it. There's building a team around a player, and there's what we did for Fabregas.

Completely maximized his two main attributes, his vision and final pass. Fabregas' final ball is as good as any. He's not what you'd call a natural no.10, but we played him there because we knew he could provide something special higher up the pitch. He's a poor athlete, slow, weak and lacks agility.

You have to question his attitude. Since leaving us he might've thought everything would come a bit easier. Football is mad, imagine if at his pomp here someone was to tell you he'd be warming the bench at Chelski in his peak years.

It's a sad story tbh, but loyalty always wins. Didn't work out for him at his childhood club and it's not working out for him at our rivals either.

Sykes

*adds Messi to the list of players Fabregas was apparently better than*

*list now includes Xavi, Iniesta, Zidane, Pirlo, Vieira, Lampard, Ronaldo who were inferior to Fabregas according to Arsenal internet forums*
Said as a teenager though....and let's be honest, Cesc at 17 -20 was insane...I doubt anyone of the players you mentioned were half as good at that age range.

Johnny_Blaze

Established Member
There were three phases to his Arsenal career, really.

Phase one - a talented youngster nurtured by Wenger and invincible greats. Showed moments of true class, and had by far the best [four month] form of his life in late-2007. On his best day, one of the top five players in the league.

Phase two - lamentable through ball merchant with a poor all-around game and a flat-track bully to boot. Slow to move, slow on the ball, tactically a disaster in the middle against the better teams.

Phase three - has binged on Arsenal forums way too much after 6-1 wins against Blackburn and Bolton and brought his own hype that he pisses on Xavi, Iniesta and Zidane. Gives up on Arsenal and forces a move through to Barcelona. Gifts a penalty to Sp**s and assists Bartha for a goal a year too early. Doesn't realise his career will unravel and he was a big fish in a small pond.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Fabregas is CM.His was great in that role in Arsenal and he knew how to dictate game from that position.We miss that sometimes in the game.I don't see any defence ability from players who play on that position,like Xavi or Kroos.It's not their job.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
https://vine.co/v/iZvHet2tm39

I can't accept Wenger 'ruined' his career post-Arsenal either. Fabregas always had the world of potential, but Wenger bent over backwards to help him realise it. There's building a team around a player, and there's what we did for Fabregas.

Completely maximized his two main attributes, his vision and final pass. Fabregas' final ball is as good as any. He's not what you'd call a natural no.10, but we played him there because we knew he could provide something special higher up the pitch. He's a poor athlete, slow, weak and lacks agility.

You have to question his attitude. Since leaving us he might've thought everything would come a bit easier. Football is mad, imagine if at his pomp here someone was to tell you he'd be warming the bench at Chelski in his peak years.

It's a sad story tbh, but loyalty always wins. Didn't work out for him at his childhood club and it's not working out for him at our rivals either.

Fabregas said that he left Arsenal beacuse he wasn't able to win EPL title or some other trophy as a captain of club.He loved club,but i understand his decision.I just feel that he would came to Barcelona sooner or later in that times.He wasn't so important player for Barca and he didn't fit in their system of playing.In Chelsea he had first good season.But,overall his career was went down since he left Arsenal.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Fabregas said that he left Arsenal beacuse he wasn't able to win EPL title or some other trophy as a captain of club.He loved club,but i understand his decision.I just feel that he would came to Barcelona sooner or later in that times.He wasn't so important player for Barca and he didn't fit in their system of playing.In Chelsea he had first good season.But,overall his career was went down since he left Arsenal.

Tbh, his first season at Barca was brilliant. Think he got double figures for goals and assists. Similar to Chelski where he had a strong first season. His career has followed a similar path since leaving here really, successful spells followed by mediocrity.

At this point his name should be right up there as one of the world's best. Instead, he's an afterthought. I'd love to know how many Gooners would take him back...

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I'd argue Fabregas was maybe the 2nd best player in the world for one year in 2009/10. Ronaldo "only" scored 33. Fabregas got 15 goals and assists in just the PL and he only played in 26 games.

He pretty much carried us to nearly winning the league while suffering with injuries and having almost no help.

That should have been the first year where he went on to dominate the game like Ronaldo, Messi and even Kaka did in their primes.

I don't really know what happened to him, maybe one of his injuries restricted him because even when he won the league with Chelsea he looked a shell of himself.

Johnny_Blaze

Established Member
I'd argue Fabregas was maybe the 2nd best player in the world for one year in 2009/10. Ronaldo "only" scored 33. Fabregas got 15 goals and assists in just the PL and he only played in 26 games.

Not a chance. You could name 4/5 Premier League players who were better than him just in the league (Drogba, Torres, Rooney, Lampard for example). Not to mention the Inter players who powered their way to the CL, and Robben's insane form in the competition. Wouldn't even have been top 10.

say yes

forum master baiter
Always thought that Rooney/Cesc have had very similar career trajectories (although Rooney obviously smashes Cesc when it comes to trophies).

Both were insane as teenagers and developed into world class players by their early 20s. Both been in steady decline since ~2011 though, and a slew of injuries has left them both physically lacking, which in turn has uncovered flaws in their game.

Neither is good enough to regularly start for a top club at this point.

Fabregas was insane with us. No teenage girls who are still hurt by his departure are going to change that.

The man was carrying team of Song, Denilson and Clichy for most part of his career here.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Fabregas was insane with us. No teenage girls who are still hurt by his departure are going to change that.

The man was carrying team of Song, Denilson and Clichy for most part of his career here.

He said that he lost motivation in last season with Arsenal.Shame,we had great chance to win EPL that season.

say yes

forum master baiter
The idea that Wenger ruined his career is laughable tbh, Wenger made his career.

One of the reasons we moved Fabregas further forward was that the team kept on getting overrun and physically bullied with him at CM.

Fabregas is as good a passer of the ball as anyone in world football, but he was never as good as we made him out to be. Got exposed tactically/mentally at Barca in much the same way he often got exposed at Arsenal whenever we came up against a big team. Difference being that at Arsenal we often excused him by blaming the supporting cast.

Now that any physicality he had has deserted him, he lacks the ability to convert to a deep lying role ala Pirlo/Scholes/Xavi.

Great talent, Good player, nasty snake. So happy we have Özil instead.

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom