• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

A thread for everything Fabregas related

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
The idea that Wenger ruined his career is laughable tbh, Wenger made his career.
Tbf, i think most managers would make a player out of Fabregas. He was more than a world class talent when he was young.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Not a chance. You could name 4/5 Premier League players who were better than him just in the league (Drogba, Torres, Rooney, Lampard for example). Not to mention the Inter players who powered their way to the CL, and Robben's insane form in the competition. Wouldn't even have been top 10.

I felt it was a pretty weak year for the league overall, I mean it might be nostalgia but he was incredible to watch that year. Drogba was what he was, an extremely efficient striker. I think that year was when Torres got the knee injury that ruined him long term.

I just think in terms of the eye test and the way he played the game he was right up there. Tbf I would put Sneijder above him so that'd make him 3rd best.

Honestly man go back and watch some highlights on YouTube, he was insane. The numbers alone are ridiculous for a number 10.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Are you saying that Wenger ruined Fabregas non-Arsenal career because he didn't coach him to defend? Or am I misreading?
I'm saying the freedom he had during his formative years let him shine but also made him a tactical liability.

Now you either give him complete freedom or you drop him. Some coaching in his development years may have helped.

Saying Wenger ruined his career seemed to wind up a lot of people, it was just my train of thought. You may not agree with the exact wording but he did contribute to Cesc being a tactical liability. There are a lot of unathletic CM's who play for top clubs.

Last edited:

Johnny_Blaze

Established Member
I felt it was a pretty weak year for the league overall, I mean it might be nostalgia but he was incredible to watch that year. Drogba was what he was, an extremely efficient striker. I think that year was when Torres got the knee injury that ruined him long term.

I just think in terms of the eye test and the way he played the game he was right up there. Tbf I would put Sneijder above him so that'd make him 3rd best.

Honestly man go back and watch some highlights on YouTube, he was insane. The numbers alone are ridiculous for a number 10.

I'll stick by what I said but I will concede one good thing about him: Fabregas 2006 to end of 2007 would solve many of the problems in CM we're having now and have had for the last few years. That's the only period in his career where I've been a fan of his style of play.

Iddi

Not comparing both, just saying how difficult it will be to replace him. We struggled to replace Cesc creativity till...Özil came along. Yes you could say we got Santi, but Özil is truly the one that has adequately replaced Cesc. If Özil leaves, who comes in?? We probably will change our style of play again because it'll be almost impossible to replace Özil like for like.
Since the Cesc / Rosicky /Nasri even Diaby times we have become such a boring team to watch, our play is so disjointed, we don't seem to have a fixed style, we are neither a possession side, nor a defensive /counter side. Our midfied is so clueless, any half decent side that can keep possession either beat us or we draw. That's it..

DasBootist

Leave him be. He's a shining example of the Jamaican proverb 'the grass isn't always greener on the other side, unless it's really good ****'.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Fans waiting him back, despite him being washed up, despite what he done during his departure, despite Wenger telling us he had agreed a deal with Chelsea long before he "became available" etc.

No thanks.

You really believe that deal was done that long before ? Nah,Wenger said that he didn't want him beacuse we had Özil and other good MF players at that times.He had good reasons to leave Arsenal,not only his fault.

GDeep™

League is very weak
You really believe that deal was done that long before ? Nah,Wenger said that he didn't want him beacuse we had Özil and other good MF players at that times.He had good reasons to leave Arsenal,not only his fault.

Nothing wrong with leaving Arsenal, it's how he done it.

Don't think we wanted Cesc anyway, but Wenger said there is stuff he can't talk about, but Cesc and Chelsea were in contact for ages.

We just go around in circles in this thread. Still, mods haven't told me why we have a Cesc thread?

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Nothing wrong with leaving Arsenal, it's how he done it.

Don't think we wanted Cesc anyway, but Wenger said there is stuff he can't talk about, but Cesc and Chelsea were in contact for ages.

We just go around in circles in this thread. Still, mods haven't told me why we have a Cesc thread?

He said that he lost motivation during his last season in Arsenal.Wanted to win some trophy and we had big chance to win at least Carling Cup and EPL.

I understand Wenger and his decision to refuse Fabregas's decision.He had principle and knew that Fabregas left Arsenal in tough moments.He really doesn't think that Fabregas is worse than Ramsey,Jack, maybe Cazorla etc.

Last edited:

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
In the TotW for his performance against $ity:

Midfield: Marcotti wants West Brom's Matt Phillips to complete our midfield trio this week after his goalscoring display against Watford, but it's Hislop's nomination, Cesc Fabregas, who edges him out. Making his first appearance since September, Fabregas pulled the strings as Chelsea came from behind in the second half to give Manchester City a beating, and his pass to pick out Diego Costa for the Blues' first goal was simply stunning.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Some people here really need to get over this player. Worst thread on this forum. Like seeing your mate pining over a 5 year old picture of the ex that ****ed his worst enemy. Man up!

Arsenal Quotes

I cannot classify the moments of happiness and of sadness, but every defeat is a scar in your heart that you never forget.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom