• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsdale (Out)

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I remember watching ESR at like 15 and being blown away by his level of talent, so I'm the opposite. I still think he generally performs well when given the chance. How Arteta has dealt with him is one of my biggest question marks about Arteta, he's clearly good enough to get consistent minutes at the 8 or on the wing as a squad player but he barely touches the pitch.

But sometimes you have to take into account the offer at hand and just know when to sell. 40m for a youth player who had a good 6 months under his belt and plays in a position that there’s an abundance of options on the market, so we would have had choices. We ended up getting Ødegaard for pretty much close to that fee from Real Madrid and you could tell he was tiers above ESR plus his game was more polished.

outlawz

I just saw the 15m and spat out my drink all over dinner.

Steak ruined. Thanks @A_G

Fr tho wt actual F?
Optics are bad. He's been replaced and everyone has realised it was justified. When it happened to Hart, he ended up at Celtic. When it happened to Van Der Sar, he ended up at Fulham.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
The only way i would sell him at a discount would be if they did the same for Bruno, but for FFP it would make more sense to give each other higher fees.
Artur-Pjanic type beat. Ramsdale for £75m it is.

Dokaka

AM's resident closet Arsenal fan
But sometimes you have to take into account the offer at hand and just know when to sell. 40m for a youth player who had a good 6 months under his belt and plays in a position that there’s an abundance of options on the market, so we would have had choices. We ended up getting Ødegaard for pretty much close to that fee from Real Madrid and you could tell he was tiers above ESR plus his game was more polished.

So you're saying Ødegaard was sold for a decent fee given the small sample size and the consensus is it was a good deal for Real Madrid? No? 😉

If ESR had stayed fit and maintained his level from that season he'd be a £80m player now looking at the market, but he didn't kick on. Ødegaard on the other hand massively improved and is now looking like a £120m+ player which means Real Madrid made a terrible choice letting him go for the amount they did, which could have been the case with ESR as well.

Win some, lose some.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

So you're saying Ødegaard was sold for a decent fee given the small sample size and the consensus is it was a good deal for Real Madrid? No? 😉

Madrid fans aren’t losing any sleep over Ødegaard though. Can’t remember where I saw it but a Madrid fan was asked whether he regrets they sold him and his response was “why? We have Bellingham, Brahim and Valverde…”

If we sold him at that time and reinvested in the squad with better quality then I doubt anyone would really care about that tbh. Same goes for Eddie and Reiss.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
They gave him £100,000 a week. This is Manchester United we’re talking about.
Ah didn't know that thought he may have been on way less as a back up.

It depends on the market. Ramsdale I think will have suitors but his stock has definitely dropped in the last 12 months. Henderson was playing consistently on loan.

I think the Henderson fee was undisclosed but the rumour was £15m + a possible 5m in add-ons🤔

Reactions: A_G

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think one thing that is perhaps a bit under communicated here is the structure of an eventual deal. £15m is too low, but I could see us accepting £20m in one lump sum+ addons.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

What is the point in Aa in Aaron? Its so stupid man.
From Latin Aaron, from Ancient Greek Ἀαρών (Aarṓn), from Hebrew אַהֲרֹן (ʾAhărōn), of unknown meaning, possibly meaning “bearer of martyrs”, or perhaps also, or instead, related to the Ancient Egyptian ꜥḥꜣ rw (“warrior lion”).

Guess we'd need some expert on Ancient Greek to explain how they translated the Hebrew name into Aa etc. It must surely be from the Greek translation of the Old Testament in Hebrew.

Probably a logical explantion somewhere. The simplistic speculation would be that it was to denote a long vowel, but it is probably more complex than that.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He's definitely a million times better than Dubravka but he's still absolutely ****e and it feels like a waste of 15 million
I don’t want him, but he’s not absolutely ****e.
If we are being quoted less than 20m, it's hardly any wonder we are interested in him.
:lol:
15m would be a bargain, largely because we could sell him for most of that in a couple of years time if it didn't work.
I can see exactly why we would be interested for the rumoured £15 million, no brainer for that price really.
£15 million would be ridiculous value
I dont see Ramsdale as an upgrade on Pope by much, if at all apart from having better feet. Pope is better at other stuff and also seems stronger mentally. Feels like a sideway step and a bit of a waste of money imo.
We're never getting that calibre of keeper at 26 years old for £15 million from anywhere else.
I'm not sure why Ramsdale would come to be second choice

Some geordie views....

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
15M pound, cmon. This is crazy. Half of what we paid for him prior to being capped for England and getting GK of the year. Newcastle don't really need him so not that interested if this is true. You would hope we could approach what we paid for him, if not get there.

Xoxo

Remembering Havertz Missing 3 1v1s Against Villa

| A mere £15 million is the amount Newcastle are willing to spend on Aaron Ramsdale, according to The Telegraph's journalist Luke Edwards...Newcastle will also give Aaron Ramsdale a 5-year contract, and Chich Choè expects this to be their first rookie this summer.However, Aaron Ramsdale will not be guaranteed a starting position if he moves to Nestle and he will still have to compete with Nick Pope, who is expected to return to Newcastle's main squad in the match against Brentford this weekend.Arsenal will not make things difficult if Aaron Ramsdale wants to leave, but as of now, there is no agreement between the parties.Aaron Ramsdale is still focusing all his attention on the final match of the season against Arsenal...

What is arteta and edu really good at? No trophies in 5yrs, they don't know how to sell players, they are helping rivals by buying their flops for record breaking fees.Chelsea sold Lewis Hall for 35m and we can't even sell Tierney for god sake.

For instance Ramsdale was valued at 60/70 million at the end of last season, now he is about to be sold for 15 million. The same case with Jesus, ESR, zinchenko etc. So what is arteta really good at?

balthazar

From Latin Aaron, from Ancient Greek Ἀαρών (Aarṓn), from Hebrew אַהֲרֹן (ʾAhărōn), of unknown meaning, possibly meaning “bearer of martyrs”, or perhaps also, or instead, related to the Ancient Egyptian ꜥḥꜣ rw (“warrior lion”).

Guess we'd need some expert on Ancient Greek to explain how they translated the Hebrew name into Aa etc. It must surely be from the Greek translation of the Old Testament in Hebrew.

Probably a logical explantion somewhere. The simplistic speculation would be that it was to denote a long vowel, but it is probably more complex than that.
Greek has no H, it has a rough brething which sound like H, but which can only be in the beginning of a word

Arsenal Quotes

I think without doubt that Bergkamp is the most talented player to have played for Arsenal in the past 30 years, for as long as I can remember

Liam Brady

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, June 1

Arsenal are pushing to sign Benjamin Šeško, but no final decision has been made yet [Sky Germany]

RB Leipzig want to give Šeško a new contract to remove his release clause, with Arsenal/Chelsea/Manchester United all interested [Sky Germany]

AC Milan have made signing defender Jakun Kiwior their priority this summer [Santi Aouna - FootMercato]

Latest posts

Top Bottom