• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey (Out)

DiamondGooner

Established Member
Re: Ramsey to Fulham - Loan

ArsenesNO1Fan said:
It means we are a midfielder short and likely to get someone in unless Wenger is giving Denilson 1 last shot.

I don't even see it as being a CM short because if he's not ready he's no good to the campaign anyway.

Let's not forget we have Frimpong, Diaby, Coquelin (who I'm hoping will shine), Wilshere all coming back to the squad, we are far from light in midfield as far as numbers are concerned.

Pea-Tear-Griffin

realtalk said:
Pea-Tear-Griffin said:
Source= Trending on twitter

I think this is both good for him and the club if it happens
This thread is 2 pages in on some weak ass twitter link.

How many players are linked to us via twitter dont see threads made on weak links.

Ramsey's here to stay get over it he'll become an immense player for us.
See all the cesc fangirls out in flock.

Well there has been a number of follow up links from other sources, so if we are going to disregard this rumour we may as well disregard every single rumour until it is proven to be true.

GG8

Loan = Yes please
Sell = No thanks

Still think he has what it takes to make it here, and feel he could end up being a special player for us. Hoping for a Jack and Aaron MF combo for years to come.

But at the moment a stint across london playing week in, week out with a lot less pressure on his shoulders could do him the world of good.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member

DiamondGooner said:
ArsenesNO1Fan said:
It means we are a midfielder short and likely to get someone in unless Wenger is giving Denilson 1 last shot.

I don't even see it as being a CM short because if he's not ready he's no good to the campaign anyway.

Let's not forget we have Frimpong, Diaby, Coquelin (who I'm hoping will shine), Wilshere all coming back to the squad, we are far from light in midfield as far as numbers are concerned.

The problem is Diaby/Wilshere may become re-injured or need resting. Coq maybe needed at right back and Frimpong probably isn't ready, perhaps needing a loan

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I see Skysports.com have a price rumoured to be around 5m for Ramsey. I hope that isnt the case a loan yes but not a permanent move especially for 5m.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer

£5m for Ramsey would be ridiculous. He's still very young and he's shown some enough to warrent being a good prospect.

Although if his performance doesn't improve over an entire season at Fulham, then it's probably reasonable. But not at this point in time.

leo_ense

Established Member

If he is going out then that means we are looking to bring in another midfielder and Wenger looks to be content with Wilshere's injury progress. However, I would prefer he was kept as a big squad is vital, and he has proven that he has enough talent to merit atleast another season here. If he is to go a loan would not be such a bad idea provided he is getting a lot of game time, but I would reject a potential sale for now and if he shows no improvement look to move him on next season. With that said I think this story is based off nothing, and he will be at Arsenal next season.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

5 million for Ramsey would be ridiculous, He's an International captain with Champions league experience. I doubt very much he's for Sale.

VancouverCanuck

It wouldn't surprise me if Fulham made an inquiry about Ramsey.

A loan would only make sense if we are bringing an AM like Kagawa. But I just don't see Wenger doing that. However, given that it is not yet July and we bought two quality players already, perhaps Wenger will continue to surprise us.

DontPushMe

As little as i rate him and much stick as I gave him last year (and i gave him a lot), I think we'd do much better to loan him out next year rather than sell. His value can only go up from last years poor showing. If he looks really good maybe he gets another look here, if hes pretty good he will at least increase his value in a sale. If hes no good we'll still be able to fetch 5 mil or so just based on upside.

I tend to think wenger keeps him on the squad for another year as it seems wenger really does rate him, but in my opinion the loan option is best.

Fulham as a loan location is fine provided he will get games. I was thinking he'd be better off at a lower level club as he'd surely get to start all year. Fulham he may actually not start (especially if Dempsey stays). If Fulham can make some type of guarentee that he'll play most games i say go for it. Otherwise maybe someone like Southampton.

Glovegun

Established Member

Ramsey will come good, he's shown enough before and after his injury to warrant being kept on.

halfvolley

£5m to buy Aaron Ramsey. :lol:

What a load of rubbish, seriously.

I'm all for loaning him out, the boy needs it. But no way should we sell him and £5m is a suitable price for Denilson, not Ramsey.

ebouenolike

Established Member

Ramsey was getting into excellent positions and working incredibly hard all season, a little bit of composure in front of goal and a player like Wilshere (who attracts opponents) next to him and he will be twice the player we saw last season.

dpt49

Established Member

If a player like Henderson can go to Liverpool for 18m, who is about the same age and ability, then 5m seems ridiculous.

A loan to another EPL club like Fulham would be good for him.
There would be less pressure and he would be at a good club, with a good manager in Jol.

It worked well for Wilshere when he went on loan at Bolton, although he was a lot younger, and it would be good for Ramsey who had a disappointing season, last season.

If it doesn't work out after that, then we can sell him.

evoh_1

Established Member

Ramsey needs time in and around the players at the club ot build and cement on the field chemistry that is vital for a passing player like him. I can't see a loan to fulham doing him any good in the long term at the club as he is getting there but just had to do far too much last season. I think after a proper pre-season he should be improving as a player as his talent hasn't evaporated.

wilshere's loan to bolton was his first experimence of first team football and then he came back and fitted right in, I can't see us loaning a player after he has already had first team experience like ramsey has unless we really want him off the books (e.g denilson).

Mastadon

Established Member

I think he needs to develop himself as a player first and find his groove before he can be of any use to us. If we bring M'Vila in and get Jack back I doubt Ramsey will play much and the last thing he needs is for Wenger to force him out wide just to give him game time.

evoh_1

Established Member

Jack is on the same path as ramsey was last year in terms of recovery from injury so I wouldn't expect great things from him off the bat. To be honest the reason jack was loaned to bolton in the first place was becasue ramsey was doing so well, at the time he was the bigger talent. Also Arsène hasn't been playing ramsey deep that much so I can't see how IF M'Vila comes here he will compete for a place with Aaron.

Mastadon

Established Member

The difference is Jack has proven he can play in the first team while Ramsey has not convinced yet. I dont remember Ramsey ever being an important first team player or doing consistently well apart from a few individual games pre or post injury.

scytheavatar

Established Member

DiamondGooner said:
redwhiteAustrian said:
I find it ridiculous that Denilson gets compared to Ramsey, the difference between them is staggering, there's no contest.

On the one hand we're talking about a guy who's been here nearly five years and didn't manage to get more than ten good games on a string, and on the other, there's the skipper of a national team who's been out for a year and arguably needs more time to perform at a decent level more consistently.

If Denilson ever had such good games as Ramsey had vs ManUre in the season before last, or vs Chelsea last season, feel free to inform me.

I don't think its a case of comparing the players themselves but more the situation i.e a CM youngster who Wenger thought had potential, gave him chance after chance and he never made the jump.

It remains to be seen if Ramsey will be a similar story or not.

Ramsey was someone who was talented but broke his leg, and last season was trying hard to recover and cement his place in the starting XI. So hard in fact that he comes off as being selfish and a showboat at a time where we had lost too many matches early in the season and can't afford to lose more.

Denilson was a mediocre player from the start of 08/09. Even back in 07/08 he looked terrible and out of depth in the matches he played in. What Wenger saw in him, no one ever knows, but he's the prime example of how Wenger's favourism wreaked our team and frustrated your Cescs and Henrys till they wanted to leave the club.

evoh_1 said:
Ramsey needs time in and around the players at the club ot build and cement on the field chemistry that is vital for a passing player like him. I can't see a loan to fulham doing him any good in the long term at the club as he is getting there but just had to do far too much last season.

A loan at Fulham could bring him down to earth and get him a string of matches with less pressure. That could improve his confidence and give us back the Ramsey of 2009/2010. Wilshere's loan to Bolton achieved that aim. That's far better than continue throwing him in the fire with us and expecting him to improve, when we are only wrecking his confidence even further.

iced22

Wilshere's loan was to introduce him to professional football and the Premier League. Ramsey already has almost 2 years worth of playtime.

Ramsey's lack of confidence was due to having to shoulder the responsibility of being an everyday starter too soon. He needs to stick around and be used sparingly as a squaddy to reduce that pressure, as well as continue to develop through our football. A loan deal where he would start regularly at another club would likely just result in him getting slagged off by another set of fans if he struggles.

Regular football really isn't necessary for the development of a youth player. In fact, it could be detrimental compared to just letting them quietly play a couple games here and there behind established vets. I think we of all people should know that best.

Arsenal Quotes

Dennis Bergkamp is the club's unconditional idol, a perfectionist whom I never saw make a careless technical move.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom