• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

If he doesnt sign soon then unfortunately he has to go. Think It will be abroad to give is maximum time to get a new deal.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
He is no position to hold us to ransom to be honest. If he doesn't renew and we can't get a great offer (upwards of 45 mil pounds) then just drop him out of the starting eleven, his reputation disappears (has never been that big anyway) and at best he ends up at Everton next summer. He will probably beg us for a contract renewal by Christmas.

That would be cutting off your nose to spite your face. I suspect he'll end up signing a new contract and won't be sold as long as it looks like progress was being made on that front. But if it were apparent he didn't plan to sign a new contract then the prudent thing to do would be to sell him for the best offer possible. If you decide to "punish" him by just dropping him, all you end up with is an unhappy player and nothing in return for him.

Keep in mind that he doesn't have to be sold by Aug. 9. He can be sold to Italy as late as Aug. 17 and to Spain, Germany or France on Aug. 31. So there's still time.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
That would be cutting off your nose to spite your face. I suspect he'll end up signing a new contract and won't be sold as long as it looks like progress was being made on that front. But if it were apparent he didn't plan to sign a new contract then the prudent thing to do would be to sell him for the best offer possible. If you decide to "punish" him by just dropping him, all you end up with is an unhappy player and nothing in return for him.

Keep in mind that he doesn't have to be sold by Aug. 9. He can be sold to Italy as late as Aug. 17 and to Spain, Germany or France on Aug. 31. So there's still time.
I totally agree with you. The main problem is whether we consider our midfield complete with or without him. We will be in a dodgy state if we sell him after our buying window closes as we'll possibly need to dip in to the January market. The other issue is that we have to sell before we buy. I'm inclined to sell Campbell/Welbeck/Perez and spend a bit more to get what we need and give Ramsey a deadline.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
What’s the point then?

Each country has its own deadline. English clubs can't bring in players -- bought or on loan -- after the Aug. 9 deadline. But they can sell or loan players to clubs in other countries until their deadlines. So Ramsey can be sold up to the Aug. 31 deadline in Spain, Germany and France. Scotland too! The English deadline only means he can't be sold to an English club. And they can't bring anyone in after the 9th, so they would have to make do with players already on the squad.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I totally agree with you. The main problem is whether we consider our midfield complete with or without him. We will be in a dodgy state if we sell him after our buying window closes as we'll possibly need to dip in to the January market. The other issue is that we have to sell before we buy. I'm inclined to sell Campbell/Welbeck/Perez and spend a bit more to get what we need and give Ramsey a deadline.

It would be nice to have things settled in time to bring someone else in, but with the usual formation being a 4-2-3-1 I'm not sure that Xhaka, Elneny, Maitland-Niles, Torreira and Guendouzi couldn't handle it. Micki could play there as well. Willock could take up some slack in the league cup. So while it wouldn't be ideal to sell after the England deadline, I don't think it would be disastrous either. You'd merely have replaced Ramsey and Wilshere with Torreira and Guendouzi.

That said, it appears both sides want to get it done, so I figure they'll get it done and nothing drastic will happen as long as progress is being made. I don't think there's anything to worry about.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Each country has its own deadline. English clubs can't bring in players -- bought or on loan -- after the Aug. 9 deadline. But they can sell or loan players to clubs in other countries until their deadlines. So Ramsey can be sold up to the Aug. 31 deadline in Spain, Germany and France. Scotland too! The English deadline only means he can't be sold to an English club. And they can't bring anyone in after the 9th, so they would have to make do with players already on the squad.
I meant what was the point of the change if players can still be sold abroad after the deadline?

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I meant what was the point of the change if players can still be sold abroad after the deadline?
cause it makes teams finish their business by the time deadline is done. fact you can still sell means nothing as any normal club will have its business done by then.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

What yybecause said. The Premier League can't set the dates for the other leagues, they can only control their own. Every Premier League club should have its business settled. You'll probably see some marginal, unneeded players move abroad after the deadline. It's possible a couple of bigger names could go as well in the right circumstance, but the club has to be prepared to replace in-house or to say no.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I am surprised Sarri would go for someone as technically inept as Ramsey. I wouldn't have thought Ramsey is Sarri's type of player at all.

Hopefully we can squeeze 15-25m out of them.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Surprised that an injury prone player like Ramsey is willing to let talks draw out so long. He should remember that Arsène won’t be there with a new contract and a shoulder to cry on if he ends up on the injury table again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You are loved when you’re born, you’re loved when you die, and in between you have to manage

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom