• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey

Status
Not open for further replies.

qs

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
His hero is Ryan Giggs,

Thats what they said about Bale

GoonerGurjit said:
plus United would loan him back to Cardiff for another season.

Thats what they said would happen with Walcott.

I doubt Giggs will make any difference and I seriously doubt United are going to take on a kid and not want to start their own training of him. But I'm pretty sure he'll join United, though thats what I said about Bale.

What about him going to Man City if Hughes goes there. :p

longrufus

Established Member
Seems like we have had a bid accepted, along with United but to be honest, i cant see him signing for us. My guess is he'll end up at United but to be honest Liverpool could be a good move for him, they're crying out for wide players.

longrufus

Established Member
It seems like you're talking nonsense, United have had a bid accepted, thats it, as have other teams. Look at their official website, does say Ramsey signed, NO. He may well sign for United, but he hasnt yet.

Kentacula

Sorry guys, blame Sulmaan Ahmad.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=722677

Ramsey Not Yet United's As Rivals Bid
Cardiff City's highly-prized teenager, Aaron Ramsey, has not yet agreed to join Manchester United or any other club, but is pondering bids from several major Premier League sides.

Although Manchester United announced on their website on Tuesday that they were delighted to have agreed terms with Cardiff City for the transfer of Aaron Ramsey subject to terms being agreed and the player passing a medical, the deal is far from done as that phrase "subject to terms being agreed" implied.

Botrh Arsenal and Everton are in the same posituion as United - having had bids accepted by Cardiff - while Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez is also pondering an offer for the 17-year-old.

The Reds, who are also very keen on Welsh midfielder Ramsey, must decide quickly whether or not to throw their hat into the ring.

Cardiff City have made it clear that no deal has yet been struck with any potential buying club, and stress that Ramsey himself will ultimately decide his destination.

United are thought to remain the front runners, despite misgivings among Ramsey's fanily, because part of their offer includes loaning him back to Cardiff for a season to further his development.

A statement from defeated FA Cup finalists Cardiff said: "We can confirm that on 3 June the club has received formal bids from three top Premier League teams for Aaron Ramsey.

"And Aaron has been given permission to speak to two of these teams.

"One of these teams is Manchester United though at this stage we can confirm that no deal has been done and the player has not yet agreed terms."[/quote]

James

Established Member
longrufus said:
It seems like you're talking nonsense, United have had a bid accepted, thats it, as have other teams. Look at their official website, does say Ramsey signed, NO. He may well sign for United, but he hasnt yet.
Some find this hard to grasp.

Kentacula

James said:
longrufus said:
Some find this hard to grasp.
I've conceded mate.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... 33&cc=4716

ROYAL RUMBLE FOR RAMSEY

Everton are believed to be the third club who have had an offer accepted for talented Welsh youngster Aaron Ramsey and been given permission to speak to the player.

And they are expected to be joined in the race for the Cardiff teenager by local rivals Liverpool today.

Sources in South Wales claim Everton made a formal bid for the 17-year-old midfielder last night, although the Goodison Park club declined to confirm their move.

The race for Ramsey, considered to be the best young Welsh player since Ryan Giggs, moved swiftly yesterday when Manchester United announced on their website they had agreed a fee for the Caerphilly-born youngster.

Ramsey became the youngest player to appear in an FA Cup final at Wembley as a late substitute last month.

He was in Wales' squad for the two friendlies last week in Iceland and Holland but was not used by national boss John Toshack.

United were then believed to be the only club in the race, having held discussions with Cardiff boss Dave Jones in Moscow the previous week prior to the Champions League final.

But as soon as the Old Trafford club made their claim yesterday, Cardiff issued a statement saying there was another bid that had been approved.

That is from Arsenal, who have also matched United's £5million offer. Everton then stepped into the battle with a similar deal.

Liverpool made a verbal inquiry last week, although they have not yet put it in writing. But Cardiff are expecting an offer from Anfield that could include two players on loan.

One could be winger Paul Anderson, who helped Swansea to promotion last season on a 12-month loan that has now ended. The other player is believed to be striker Adam Hammill, who has been on loan at Dunfermline.

The deal that interests Cardiff the most is from Manchester United, who would loan back the player immediately for a year.

But Arsenal's move is more intriguing. Ramsey's best friend is former Cardiff youngster Chris Gunter, who joined Sp**s last season.

Also at Sp**s is another Cardiff-born player, Gareth Bale. All three players are friends and international squad colleagues, and having two familiar faces around him in north London would certainly help Ramsey as he moves into the Premier League.

its interesting who he chooses now. i have a feeling he might have confidence in wenger's nurturing of youths

qs

Established Member
Kentacula said:
It seems as though you guys haven't caught on yet that he has actually already signed for Manure.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=721520

"Manchester United is delighted to announce it has agreed terms with Cardiff City for the transfer of Aaron Ramsey subject to terms being agreed and the player passing a medical," read an announcement on the club's official website.

Goals a bullshit site mate, I know a lad who writes for them and they've no proper sources.

United did announce they were delighted to have agreed a deal with Cardiff but then Arsenal and Pool matched the price, Pool were rejected because their repayment structure wasn't good enough but we were accepted. Now the kids choosing between us and Man Ure.

Thats the story so far.

lee1001

Established Member
There is a club who have a bid accpted but want to remain anonymous. That is Arsenal's policy and has been for the last 10 years. Its pretty obvious we are the anonymous club.

Ramsey and Nasri would satisfy me on the winger front.

gunner_down_under

In an ideal world, it would have to be between us and Everton....Everton are most likely to offer him first team footy and we've got a decent record with youngsters. But the lure of signing for a double-winning team might just be a little too good!

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Since ManU's, Arsenal's, and Liverpool's scouts plus their managers are seriously in for this young player, you'd know how highly rated Ramsey is.

I reckon that one of the advantag Everton can definitely offer is more first team games for Ramey, in Premiership League. That is very attractive for a young player. He can move on to whatever big clubs one or two seasons later if he wants to, maybe like Rooney.

lee1001

Established Member
I also wonder if the lack of star players would make us less appealing. I remember Walcott saying one of the main reasons he joined us was the prospect of playing with Henry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane
Top Bottom