• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

AFTV

Is that you DT?
Haha I expected that but if I was I'd be too busy counting my piles of cash :lol:...

Gen up, just a curious observer wondering why it's causing such a huge amount of conflict and infighting among your support. You can't seriously tell me that fellow Arsenal fans haven't stated stuff personally to you about Wenger, the board and the players etc after a disappointing result can you?

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Fair enough, I have no idea on how YouTube figures work, still beats the daily grind though doesn't it :lol:

We are all on this forum arguing for free :facepalm:
There are a few good channels that explain exactly how much they get for views and subs. Can't lie, it makes you a bit envious. You can make a decent living off far less youtube fame than you probably think.

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
I think social media as a whole generates a feeding frenzy. Negative opinions get reinforced with behaviours and attitudes which were once frowned upon are suddenly accepted.

AFTV just brought it up a level and monetised it. For some batshit mental reason a vocal minority of fans looked at this, seen the hyperbole and overstated outrage and fed on it. Robbie a clever guy. He seen that over the top outrage is what drives clicks and views so that's what he gave the masses...which in turn made it more acceptable to act likewise. In some ways certain groups of fans are like sheep. They will take their lead from anyone they see with strong views, a loud mouth and a platform which to spread it. AFTV is the Fox News of football.

That's the relatively though out version of why I don't like them. When it comes down to it I really really just despise people who make money from the club by whipping up hysterical overreactions.

Same people on AFTV who demanded Wenger Out for focusing on top 4 fawned like puppies over Sp**s and others for managing it. The whole hypocritical nature of it pisses me off.

Or it would if it wasn't Christmas and I'm about to escape the office at last :D

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
AFTV is the Fox News of football.
So true, the fact that absolute pricks like Piers Morgan was interviewed and then often quoted is enough for any genuine Arsenal fan to ignore them

That's the relatively though out version of why I don't like them. When it comes down to it I really really just despise people who make money from the club by whipping up hysterical overreactions.
Same people on AFTV who demanded Wenger Out for focusing on top 4 fawned like puppies over Sp**s and others for managing it. The whole hypocritical nature of it pisses me off.
They are a shameless bunch of hypocrites. DT who was always carrying that Wenger Out banner, was later seen happily take a photograph with Arsène

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I think social media as a whole generates a feeding frenzy. Negative opinions get reinforced with behaviours and attitudes which were once frowned upon are suddenly accepted.

AFTV just brought it up a level and monetised it. For some batshit mental reason a vocal minority of fans looked at this, seen the hyperbole and overstated outrage and fed on it. Robbie a clever guy. He seen that over the top outrage is what drives clicks and views so that's what he gave the masses...which in turn made it more acceptable to act likewise. In some ways certain groups of fans are like sheep. They will take their lead from anyone they see with strong views, a loud mouth and a platform which to spread it. AFTV is the Fox News of football.

Or it would if it wasn't Christmas and I'm about to escape the office at last :D

That needs to be put in context tho, Wenger went from managing a team that were often title contenders / winners to aiming for 4th place to help finance the club while Tottenham went from being a pretty erratic club to one that consistently achieves it. Any Arsenal fan has a pretty strong case to question how on Earth that happened.

In a way I get why you're upset that some people seem to be making money describing how you're drowning (just a phase as Arsenal could possibly turn it around and get back to ***** slapping the likes of Sp**s and Leicester etc and compete for the real glory). None of this can in anyway be attributed to them tho and imo it's very much a case of misdirected anger.

That's by the by tho, have a merry Christmas and enjoy your time off.

So true, the fact that absolute pricks like Piers Morgan was interviewed and then often quoted is enough for any genuine Arsenal fan to ignore them

They are a shameless bunch of hypocrites. DT who was always carrying that Wenger Out banner, was later seen happily take a photograph with Arsène
It's actually ok to believe someone is no longer right for the job but be appreciative and thankful for all they've achieved in the past.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member

Again, same could be applied to soooooo many posters on here and fans around the world, loads of people were spewing abuse about Wenger and wanting him out, now they suck his left nut and praise him, the amount of flip flopping in football is embarrassing :lol:

Again, same could be applied to soooooo many posters on here and fans around the world, loads of people were spewing abuse about Wenger and wanting him out, now they suck his left nut and praise him, the amount of flip flopping in football is embarrassing :lol:
We're a fickle bunch, whoever we support. It's probably the only thing we all have in common :lol:

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
It's actually ok to believe someone is no longer right for the job but be appreciative and thankful for all they've achieved in the past.

Fair enough if you remain respectful, but the fact is that on this case they hurled all sorts of abuse, protests, flying banners and whatnot.
Those idiots are not worth even Wenger's piss.

It’s definitely not controversial, but they’re over-the-top for infamy’s / enrichment’s sake.
Not really getting how you can claim it's for infamy and enrichment when it's who's partially responsible and gives them the attention, also I don't think they've ever said anything totally out of order? Might be wrong tho. Their main gripe seems to be with the board and that's surely understandable.

Fair enough if you remain respectful, but the fact is that on this case they hurled all sorts of abuse, protests, flying banners and whatnot.
Those idiots are not worth even Wenger's piss.
Fans / supporters don't have open channels of communication to the people making the decisions... not sure how you can respectfully tell someone to gtf tbh?

Get These Hands

Off of my purse !
Was quite good when it started, but the regulars have become caricatures of themselves.

I saw a guy a few weeks ago throw his season ticket away. He did another interview the next week.

They all play up for the camera for views. Only a few give real insight and interesting analysis.

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom