• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

AFTV

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

These guys get it. I'm from north London so I have loads of mates and acquaintances who are Sp**s ,Chelsea...United. Etc.

AFTV is just full of mongs doing absolute cringe ****, and being from islington myself it doubly gives a bad look.

I had been living in Madrid for a few years and I met people there who knew the absolute meme that is AFTV. Failure and AFTV has literally become what our club is known for. That and Thierry Henry a decade and a half ago.

We've become a meme of a club and AFTV has a big part to play in that. It will cost us new support in the long run for sure.

Last edited:

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
...I had been living in Madrid for a few years and I met people there who knew the absolute meme that is AFTV. Failure and AFTV has literally become what our club is known for. That and Thierry Henry a decade and a half ago.

We've become a meme of a club and AFTV has a big part to play in that. It will cost us new support in the long run for sure.
Tbh this happened way before AFTV came into play.

This club has been ridiculed due to its own antics. Be it the many on field trashings, not spending any money, ridiculous player acquisitions, selling our best players to rivals and the way our board and owner operates.

Even opposition clubs banter us on social media.

North5

Tbh this happened way before AFTV came into play.

This club has been ridiculed due to its own antics. Be it the many on field trashings, not spending any money, ridiculous player acquisitions, selling our best players to rivals and the way our board and owner operates.

Even opposition clubs banter us on social media.

Definitely doesn't help having that be the face of our fanbase though.

GDeep™

League is very weak
These guys get it. I'm from north London so I have loads of mates and acquaintances who are Sp**s ,Chelsea...United. Etc.

AFTV is just full of mongs doing absolute cringe ****, and being from islington myself it doubly gives a bad look.

I had been living in Madrid for a few years and I met people there who knew the absolute meme that is AFTV. Failure and AFTV has literally become what our club is known for. That and Thierry Henry a decade and a half ago.

What are the people like in Madrid to outsiders?

North5

What are the people like in Madrid to outsiders?

Levels of English aren't that great really so if you don't speak Spanish your interactions won't be that deep in general haha. I think it's become quite the same as London, it's full of foreigners now so people are bit sick of them, especially as it's driving up rent prices insanely. It's become a really big foreign students destination, especially for Americans who are getting ripped off on short term rentals. The Spanish are definitely more cliquey than Brits.

They can be friendly too obviously, but like any big city people are quite rude in general. It's a nice enough place, but definitely getting worse for quality of life and safety compared to 4-5 years ago. I sympathise with the locals.

Last edited:

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II

Wow... cheers for low down, agent North! ;)

And fans all over the world think Madrid fans are spoilt, arrogant, glory hunting bellends. Did you exchange perceptions on each other?

When did this caring deeply about how you're perceived by other fans become a thing--I mean, a real thing? Because we've been calling scousers jobless etc for years, Chelsea fans racist rent boys, etc... What did it ever come to? Where is the mud that can stick? Even if they did star chanting stuff, the moment banter starts hurting is the moment you take a step back.

North5

Wow... cheers for low down, agent North! ;)

And fans all over the world think Madrid fans are spoilt, arrogant, glory hunting bellends. Did you exchange perceptions on each other?

When did this caring deeply about how you're perceived by other fans become a thing--I mean, a real thing? Because we've been calling scousers jobless etc for years, Chelsea fans racist rent boys, etc... What did it ever come to? Where is the mud that can stick? Even if they did star chanting stuff, the moment banter starts hurting is the moment you take a step back.

Football will always be tribal to the point of aggressive ..and to be honest that's part of the fun sometimes. If you can't relate to that then cool. But that's how I feel about it.

Last edited:

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Just watched a few videos and it's not even the arguing or anything after a loss that's most irritable. These are ****ing grown men, where one can't help himself and end every sentence with "innit", "you understand" and **** like that. Pure cringe ffs. I want to go to the Emirates next year but this surely can't be the typical matchgoing Arsenal fan? Or that guy who starts singing? Jesus Christ..

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
My mum hates them all, but especially Robbie, the ringleader as she calls him...when we went to Arsène's last match against Burnley, we spotted him outside the ground...she said she felt so offended that they would be allowed in on Wengers's last match after all they did to him, that she either wanted to go up to him and tell him to **** off, or slap him right in the face...but she couldn't, because she was worried about being caught on the camera he always has with him :lol:

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Just watched a few videos and it's not even the arguing or anything after a loss that's most irritable. These are ****ing grown men, where one can't help himself and end every sentence with "innit", "you understand" and **** like that. Pure cringe ffs. I want to go to the Emirates next year but this surely can't be the typical matchgoing Arsenal fan? Or that guy who starts singing? Jesus Christ..
Yes... yes, they're all like that. It's all you can hear throughout the 90 minutes x 60,000 actually. "Innit, innit, you understand, you understand, *singing* *more singing*". Repeat until the 93rd minute. It's like no other ground on earth.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Started from the bottom, now we at the top!

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Yes... yes, they're all like that. It's all you can hear throughout the 90 minutes x 60,000 actually. "Innit, innit, you understand, you understand, *singing* *more singing*". Repeat until the 93rd minute. It's like no other ground on earth.
Funny how people have a problem with this and if you were to speak to some on hear in person thats the same way they would end their sentences. Maybe not the exact words but something along those lines. Yeah its annoying but you cant hate the people for how they naturally talk like they're doing it on purpose. People in here finish most sentences with IMHO or something like that almost all the time and they're typing. Imagine them talking in person. Lol

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
I see no difference between what is said here from what is said on AFTV. Especially when we lose. So this high and mighty posturing is just a load of bull

Also over new years AFTV has now used its popularity to promote a soup kitchen in multiple videos which I thought was really nice.

I also like Graham's tactical series

And Kevin Campbell's show with Lee Judges

Which I thought are both shows you can't really say much negative about.

Arsenal Quotes

I didnt score as many as I hoped, but it was nice that I always scored against Tottenham

Charlie Nicholas

Latest posts

Top Bottom