• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: Yutility

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
I'm not going to dig it up but a massive LOL to the people on here 3 weeks ago saying this kid should be starting at left back over Kolasinac and was the future in that role. Something along the lines of him having a higher ceiling and already being as good as our other option there :lol:

The kid has potential, like most of our academy players and playing them here and there makes people see glimpses. The hardest part about becoming a first team player is being able to perform consistently week in, week out and AMN is nowhere near that level, in midfield or defence.

Nothing against the kid, but lets hope Wenger now sees that AMN is gifting the opposition 2 or 3 opportunities a game.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
Tbf though even the best players screw up and leak at least one chance a game. Hummels, Ramos, Boateng, Chiellini, Varane, Pique all top class defenders give up at least one chance every game but their teammates cover up for them.

With Arsenal though the defending is all over the place and if one guy screws up the others are not there to fix his mistake.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Bar the early chance, I thought he was poor today. Bound to have days like that at his age though. At least the remainder of this season is a write off so will get plenty of experience under his belt.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
DTvlE_-WAAEOu6t.jpg:large

CJJ

Established Member
I am ready to believe in this guy.

I'd even go as far as to say i'm ready to give him a shot at the midfield role in the upcoming months and see how he fares.
Its risky, but it could pay off long term.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, he's hyper aware of his abilities which is encouraging. Vieira though, used to come with greater intensity. AMN needs to play the game at a higher tempo at times, and know when to slow it down. Just pacing himself, which should come easier to him with more experience (in midfield). If he wants to be anything like Vieira, he also needs to become the tactical brain of the team as well as the general in midfield. If ever Arsenal needed something, it's a player who can micro manage the others on the pitch.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Coquelin replacement... as @MutableEarth called quite a while ago. Nice one mate.
Writing was on the wall since Southampton last year. Has good defensive anticipation when switched on. He just needs to be switched on consistently. He could bring a far more expansive game to the role too and make it his own. Vieira is a good benchmark to aim for with his considerable talent, even if he never becomes as good.

IslingtonBornandbred

If I was him I wouldn't pay any attention to those comparing him to Vieira or even mention that publicly. Vieira was 6ft 3, ANM is 5ft 8. A big part of Vieira's game was his physical presence and power. I'm not having a go but on that comment I'd say just calm down lad and focus on being the best player you can be.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
If I was him I wouldn't pay any attention to those comparing him to Vieira or even mention that publicly. Vieira was 6ft 3, ANM is 5ft 8. A big part of Vieira's game was his physical presence and power. I'm not having a go but on that comment I'd say just calm down lad and focus on being the best player you can be.
AMN is not as big as Vieira for sure, but he's quite a bit taller than 5'8 :lol:. He's at least 5'11-6'0, he's the same height (slightly taller) as Ramsey and Özil.

I agree mostly with your statement. I don't think he should have mentioned it but at the same time, I'm glad he's using Vieira as a benchmark. He might not replicate Vieira's complete physical dominance, but he's likely a stronger athlete than most of the people he will face. He has to work a bit on his body shape as he sells himself a bit too much sometimes, but he has strength. More than anything, I want to see him match Vieira's competitiveness.

Vieira thrived when the games were difficult. That's when he liked it. Vieira would never get out of 1st gear for an easy game, that was for players like Henry, Pires and co, who liked spanking the teams who bent over for Arsenal in those days. But for the real battles, Vieira usually always showed up.

If AMN wants to be even close to Vieira as a player, he has to bring it when it matters. Be switched on, focused. Vieira's intangible attributes were just as prominent as his tangible ones. AMN will never be as powerful but he can still use his considerable technical ability to dominate games if he so chooses. He should also continue to develop his tactical understanding of the game, particularly if he wants to be a #8 or #6, as his movement, positioning and decision-making in midfield will be pertinent.

I've insisted for about 2-3 years now that AMN is a much bigger talent than a lot of people realize. I'm willing to stick my neck out and say I believe he will prove that to be right.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Any comparison to Vieira for any player is usually going to end poorly. There isn't a player in world football right now who really compares to him. The closest is that dabbing **** fart up in Manchester and he's nowhere near the force of nature Paddy was.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Vieira thrived when the games were difficult. That's when he liked it. Vieira would never get out of 1st gear for an easy game, that was for players like Henry, Pires and co, who liked spanking the teams who bent over for Arsenal in those days. But for the real battles, Vieira usually always showed up.
For a team with so many attacking players, it used to be Vieira who dragged France along. All his goals and big performances came when it mattered the most

Don't like Vieiera personally.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I'm not going to dig it up but a massive LOL to the people on here 3 weeks ago saying this kid should be starting at left back over Kolasinac and was the future in that role. Something along the lines of him having a higher ceiling and already being as good as our other option there :lol:

The kid has potential, like most of our academy players and playing them here and there makes people see glimpses. The hardest part about becoming a first team player is being able to perform consistently week in, week out and AMN is nowhere near that level, in midfield or defence.

Nothing against the kid, but lets hope Wenger now sees that AMN is gifting the opposition 2 or 3 opportunities a game.

Dont even know kola did to get dropped?

Wenger is allergic to athleticism!

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Any comparison to Vieira for any player is usually going to end poorly. There isn't a player in world football right now who really compares to him. The closest is that dabbing **** fart up in Manchester and he's nowhere near the force of nature Paddy was.

Dare I say that Diaby had the potential to be even greater than Paddy?

When Diaby was ON he was sublime

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Dare I say that Diaby had the potential to be even greater than Paddy?

When Diaby was ON he was sublime
I mean you can dare say it but it sounds ridiculous when the guy had about 3 standout performances in a career and Vieira sometimes had 3 in a week. :lol: It is a shame about Diaby though. Another victim of a filthy tackle by a thug.

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom