• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: Yutility

OSBK

Established Member
Game number 1 was decent. Wasn't the marauding general out there but it's a start. Can only hope there's more games in midfield.

Agreed, he was overplaying alittle but other times he played some nice stuff. I think he could do a very good job in a 3 man midfield.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Still waiting to be impressed by this guy, currently I don't think he'll make it here but would love to be proved wrong. I feel Nelson has more chance and would like to see both start with Nketiah next Thur.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Needs a different manager to flourish. He needs coaching as he has all the talent. He needs to be more proactive sometimes and would function better in a 3 man midfield.

He made something like 18 ball recoveries compared to Elnenys 6, while misplacing 4 passes only. He was tackled 4 times which I put down to him basically playing in second gear.hopefully he starts there again next week.

--Nelson------------Welbeck----- MhikI
---------------Willock--------AMN
---------------------------Elneny

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Needs a different manager to flourish. He needs coaching as he has all the talent. He needs to be more proactive sometimes and would function better in a 3 man midfield.

He made something like 18 ball recoveries compared to Elnenys 6, while misplacing 4 passes only. He was tackled 4 times which I put down to him basically playing in second gear.hopefully he starts there again next week.

Isn't that the case for most of our young players?

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

I feel people underestimate the significance of this and why a team that plays with full backs as wingers needs it. One stat you can't measure too is position recovery.

There's plenty he can improve but it's impossible to do that with cameo appearances and starts with only other youngsters. Wenger has been far too cautious with both him and Nelson.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I thought he did well in the middle. My only gripe with it is he can be a bit lackadaisical when in possession. But I love his composure, Wenger has always rated his ability to win the ball back and it’s easy to see why.

Lad has a bright future, here or somewhere else. He’ll be a PL player for sure.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Damaged his stock over the 2 legged tie. Wasn't the worst player but he will not have impressed anyone with the way he strolled around doing the bare minimum. He might be screwing his face up at the idea of being a fullback/wing back permanently but if he plays like that when given his chance in midfield, then that's all he will end up being and he'll have to take it.

It's hugely disappointing for me because I have long wanted him to get his chances there since last season, and he had 2 decent games against Forest and Southampton as CM. I thought him and Xhaka would be a very good pairing in fact. He shaped his game so well for the U23s.

It was a very lazy and unassertive performance. In contrast, Joe Willock - a raw and vastly more inexperienced player - came on for 15 minutes and had a far more meaningful performance even after falling over twice in 5 seconds :lol:. AMN needs to have a long look at himself and examine why he failed to impress, when he clearly has the ability to do well as a CM. And I guarantee it will simply come down to not applying himself enough.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Should focus on being the best left back he can be...mirror his game on Phillip Lahm.

He is completely rubbish in midfield. The poster above put it brilliantly with the Chamberlain comparison.

AMN is more suited as a wing back. He can fight with Kolasniac to make that his position in the future.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
@MutableEarth agreed, i also thought he'd be a better match alongside Xhaka - energetic, mobile, pacy CM who can cover the sluggish Xhaka. AMN is more adventurous and a better in dribble than Elneny, which is why they might be better suited, but probably less stable in defence.

if we go 4-3-3 with a flat 3 of CM's, Xhaka-Ramsey-AMN or Xhaka-Wilshere-AMN will be an interesting enough to consider.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
Should focus on being the best left back he can be...mirror his game on Phillip Lahm.

He is completely rubbish in midfield. The poster above put it brilliantly with the Chamberlain comparison.

AMN is more suited as a wing back. He can fight with Kolasniac to make that his position in the future.

It's a shame that he is a horse **** defender who was stupidly over rated in the few games he played there because hey, he's young and came through the academy so must be good.

It's no different to Wilshere having been immune to criticism for most this season, while Xhaka can't seem to do anything right despite being our best performing midfielder.

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil

Latest posts

Top Bottom