• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

He's progressing well if you ask me , he was put in a position where he had assert himself to be the difference maker in the team and he did eventually . He's learning to be a leader in this team , it will take awhile but you'll see a different kind of Iwobi after that is my opinion.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He's progressing well if you ask me , he was put in a position where he had assert himself to be the difference maker in the team and he did eventually . He's learning to be a leader in this team , it will take awhile but you'll see a different kind of Iwobi after that is my opinion.
Yeah, he definitely kept his head I thought, despite some (or a lot!) things not coming off for him - particularly his little pirouette that led to Bournemouth's equalizer. He kept plugging away and trying to keep an even keel. I was quite impressed by that. In fact, both he and Mhkitaryan (who had a horrible game all things considered) tried really hard to step up in Özil's absence and added a lot of energy and movement. I think Iwobi is more equipped to make that difference than Mhkitaryan however - Mhkitaryan is talented but lacks the conviction a player of his ability level should have. It's one thing to try really hard, but it's another to lack conviction - it leads to high levels of effort but no cigar.

I think Iwobi has had similar problems in the past but he seems to be putting those behind him.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Yeah, he definitely kept his head I thought, despite some (or a lot!) things not coming off for him - particularly his little pirouette that led to Bournemouth's equalizer. He kept plugging away and trying to keep an even keel. I was quite impressed by that. In fact, both he and Mhkitaryan (who had a horrible game all things considered) tried really hard to step up in Özil's absence and added a lot of energy and movement. I think Iwobi is more equipped to make that difference than Mhkitaryan however - Mhkitaryan is talented but lacks the conviction a player of his ability level should have. It's one thing to try really hard, but it's another to lack conviction - it leads to high levels of effort but no cigar.

I think Iwobi has had similar problems in the past but he seems to be putting those behind him.

Yeah Iwobi has the ability to control tempo , he can give final balls and dribble ,whereas Mkhi is more a direct player who likes to play quick.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
He should exclusively practise finishing and just shooting

Such a hole in his game

Agree. In comparison to e.g. Sancho and Nelson he's by far not aggressive and direct enough in his drive towards goal, be it as a goalscorer or an assist giver, for a real modern winger.

He's closer to a physical, young Özil before Mesut got dribbling coached out of him by Mourinho, but of lesser quality. I'm really struggling to see him as a winger in a era of high scoring wingers.

I can exactly see how he has improved this season and why he's being fielded, but I think it makes the team too narrow and puts on another creator while taking off a scorer.

If Iwobi plays on the wing, it should either be a scorer like Aubameyang on the other wing, or Ramsey should be in the team as a centrally moving asset.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He should exclusively practise finishing and just shooting

Such a hole in his game
He will get there for sure. He is getting into much better positions than the previous seasons.

If that pirouette had come off, we would have been going crazy.

Wryer

Lost a little mojo over the last few games, but partly due to defenders getting tighter on him. He is about our only legit wide man who get past people with the ball, and that's where I want him to stay. Stay wide. His finishing is not great anyway. But I can see him providing tons of assists for Auba, Laca and Özil.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
You mean Kola?

It shows he’s learning from the master. I can honestly see Iwobi taking the mantle from Özil when the time comes.
Sorry, my bad. Quickly watched highlights and mistook Kola for Xhaka. Did find it odd that Xhaka was in that position LOL

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
His decision making was horrendous , which is not something you accuse him off but he wasted time and space in clear cut oppurtunities with options around him .
he presses and holds up the ball so well,though. He was a major part of our rocking start

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He needs to sort out his decision making and execute. He also needs to be bold when pressing and in the box. All his good work is wasted by his deficiencies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Was a bit disappointed by him. Seems to have dropped off somewhat in form. Still had a good season so hoping he turns it around before the end of the month.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Disappointing performance for sure. Still think he is a highly talented player but needs to become more consistent because he is getting good minutes for a big side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom