• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudi

He talks about a 20 year old defender. Pique, Ramos, Varane, Thiago, ... all made mistakes when they were unexperienced but they all showed potential. With strikers and midfielders, it is something else. Your mistakes are less likey to cost the team points. That's why it is easier for young attacking players to break through on an early age.

Iwobi on the other hand is not showing any improvements. He is already on his fourth year and played 120 games for Arsenal. Really no difference with Walcott or Chamberlain who actually both showed more promises than Iwobi ...

Gunner140

I just don't understand Iwobi, or his form. He starts great, than when he gets certain expectation to perform, he starts making weird mistakes.

Like there would be a problem with confidence and that he can handle big expectations.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Iwobi is a great sqaudie. He's a good all rounder, some pace, technically good, competent passer, ok finisher and strong as a bull. He has good ability to hold on to the ball.

If he can get anywhere near the level of helb that would be amazing.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Iwobi is a great sqaudie. He's a good all rounder, some pace, technically good, competent passer, ok finisher and strong as a bull. He has good ability to hold on to the ball.

If he can get anywhere near the level of helb that would be amazing.
Hleb’s is so gifted in his dribbling ability and his skill level were god like. I don’t think it’s something you can learn.

leo9903

Iwobi's a decent player right now but for me ideally he should be used in a rotational capacity., that's why Emery tried the Auba on the left experiment I think. Ultimately, the guy is still a kid and is still growing as a player but is unfairly being given a hard task of starting important games. He's basically Guendouzi after a few seasons with Arsenal (the forums will turn on him, trust me, we're even seeing hints of it right now :p). Once the defense has been sorted, I'd think that a winger/wide player should be next on the agenda.

Zaza

When he first broke through, he was calm and smooth on the ball. His decision making was great too. Now everything is rushed....dude is clearly lacking in confidence.
His shooting was better...I don't know what the issue is with him.

ptrcopp

When he first broke through, he was calm and smooth on the ball. His decision making was great too. Now everything is rushed....dude is clearly lacking in confidence.
His shooting was better...I don't know what the issue is with him.

I think confidence is a large part of it. At the beginning of the season he was sprinting forward, flicking it round defenders, pulling balls out the sky while flooring a defender.

He is playing slightly closer to the goal now as well, especially when the team is in 3-4-3. He has had quite a few decisions where it hasnt gone right. The strange thing is, when he plays for Country he doesn’t have these problems. Hopefully the goal helps.

It’s clear he isn’t going to be our Sterling, but just because he doesn’t meat that level it doesn’t mean he won’t be a very useful player for us

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
He talks about a 20 year old defender. Pique, Ramos, Varane, Thiago, ... all made mistakes when they were unexperienced but they all showed potential. With strikers and midfielders, it is something else. Your mistakes are less likey to cost the team points. That's why it is easier for young attacking players to break through on an early age.
He said the same thing about Fabregas and Oxlade-Chamberlain coming into their own at 23.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
My god another bad decision to bring him on will never ever be good enough to move us up a level.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Think he got ****ed by coaching in the years it really mattered much like Ox amd others

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Not sure what he was supposed to do? Absolute **** tactics by the manager isolated our attackers.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

I remember a game where he was excellent, it was at the end of last season I think. He was superb. I think it is more psychological with him than related to his football skills. I find him more mature this season as well. He just needs more time to shine imo.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Iwobi has been useless since the game against Blackpool whenever that was.
At the end of October. He actually had a great cameo against Liverpool the following weekend, but it was a week later against Wolves where he had a shocker and had struggled since.

HBL

Established Member
At the end of October. He actually had a great cameo against Liverpool the following weekend, but it was a week later against Wolves where he had a shocker and had struggled since.
Yep a good cameo against Liverpool and a decent pre-assist in a game fairly recently are the only positive moments he has had since that Blackpool game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal

Latest posts

Top Bottom