• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Talk about weird and strange. You root for a certain player just because you think we don't have enough of their race. lol. What else? You're rooting for Asano to make to it because we don't have Asians in the squad? :rolleyes:

Oh shut up you cry baby.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Those players are rubbish and have nothing on Iwobi, they're riding their careers on potential and are not contributing atm. Not to mention proposed changes to the rule where HG slots will be upped from 8 to 12 or even more.

This is ironic given that you're trying to defend Iwobi. Rubbish is also a nice way to talk about our young players who haven't stunk out the place yet. If they increase it to 12, all that means is that we have to sell some of our foreign players.

Why are you so hell bent on keeping Iwobi just for HG quotas regardless of his on the pitch performances. Our academy is full of HG players we can use to meet the quota if its increased

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
He really wasn't the worst thing on that pitch. We know how flaky he is in the final 3rd but he was reliable when it came to getting the ball there. That's as much as I can hope for with Iwobi.

I might be wrong though - he could be close to his ceiling already as he doesn't seem to be better than he showed he could be in the beginning stages of the season.
Give him another year. Players tend to mature at 23 and we should see more goals and assists from him.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
With Burnley coming up it reminded me of last season's fixture when Iwobi played a lot deeper and was impressive. I just wonder if we'd seen more of him in that role if wengz was kept on.

Bobby the no1 gooner

Ya'll need Jesus
Any other job and Iwobi would of been sacked for non-productivity by now. We can not have a forward that does not contribute either goals or assists. He does probe but often his final ball is so indecisive and you can always wager this guy will mess-up a promising attack. It's simply not good enough if this club has any ambition at all. He looked like he had turned a corner earlier in the season but that was very much short lived. Being young is no excuse to keep playing him but this all highlights how desperate Arsenal are for a goal front from wide positions. That will give us potency from a few positions.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
Magically? What nonsense.

I'm often amazed by these random 'general wisdom' statements that are baseless.

Rob Holding, Hector Bellerin, both 23 and have improved considerably from previous seasons. Alex Oxlade-Chamerlain also became a better player at 23. If Iwobi hasn't become more influential by 23/24 then maybe we would need to consider his future but for now he is still learning with lots of room for improvement.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

He really wasn't the worst thing on that pitch. We know how flaky he is in the final 3rd but he was reliable when it came to getting the ball there. That's as much as I can hope for with Iwobi.

I might be wrong though - he could be close to his ceiling already as he doesn't seem to be better than he showed he could be in the beginning stages of the season.

Just think he needs to be more proactive with his growth , Raheem built himself a mini pitch in his house . Needs to work overhaul his shooting technique and maybe the rest of his decision making in the final third will magically . Just think it's sappin his confidence . Other thing is he tends to come into his own when he is in the midst of other technical players , passing and moving in half spaces .

Last edited:

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Rob Holding, Hector Bellerin, both 23 and have improved considerably from previous seasons. Alex Oxlade-Chamerlain also became a better player at 23. If Iwobi hasn't become more influential by 23/24 then maybe we would need to consider his future but for now he is still learning with lots of room for improvement.
Well, young players are supposed to get better every year, but it is a function of many things and not just passing some magical age boundary. Iwobi is getting a lot of plying time from a young age, I had expected much more of him by now and I am actually a big fan of his. By the way, I did not mean to pick at you specifically, so sorry for that.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
It's almost as if he read this thread. Our only attacker that regularly drives with the ball. Starting quality? Not quite yet, but a great squad option.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Good goal and I'm surprised he hit the target. The usual problem of cluelessness in the final third persists as just before he scored,he was inside the Burnley box caught in a thousand minds before losing the ball.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
he was inside the Burnley box caught in a thousand minds before losing the ball.
vIf0lAD.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think without doubt that Bergkamp is the most talented player to have played for Arsenal in the past 30 years, for as long as I can remember

Liam Brady

Latest posts

Top Bottom