• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Iwobi: Big 17 No Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

scytheavatar

Established Member
If only we could get Mkhitaryan out of the club so Iwobi can have his minutes.

Iwobi is a left winger, so too is Zaha. Mkhitaryan is a right winger and we don't have a lot of good right wingers in the club.

Which is why signing Zaha would be such a dumb move.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Iwobi is a left winger, so too is Zaha. Mkhitaryan is a right winger and we don't have a lot of good right wingers in the club.

Iwobi is Am/Cm for many on here.
and, we'll buy a winger depending on which wing Auba will play from

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

Iwobi is not a winger. He is a central midfielder. Go look at his comments about his performances for Nigeria. He is pretty good for them and 'enjoys the freedom (he) is allowed in the role"..

scytheavatar

Established Member
Iwobi is not a winger. He is a central midfielder. Go look at his comments about his performances for Nigeria. He is pretty good for them and 'enjoys the freedom (he) is allowed in the role"..

Mkhitaryan is a central midfielder too...... he played his best games for Dortmund as one rather than a winger. Too bad neither he nor Iwobi are starting ahead of Özil.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
But why then claim they are wingers?
That's where they are played, aren't they? I agree that Iwobi could be a CM in theory, but we'd have to see in practice if it works out. Would at least decrease the emphasis on his low output as an attacker. For a CM his output is alright.

I'm still leaning towards selling though. Think the squad would manage without him if a winger is brought in. I was really hoping he'd step up last season. Considering the high amount of gametime he has gotten, he hasn't done enough for me. If he's staying, I hope this is the season he's stepping up, either as CM or back-up LW. I've always been a fan of his, but at some point I'd be fooling myself if I stay patient for too long. At some point, we have to be ruthless and sell underperforming players to fund better players.

Same goes for AMN. I like him, but this season he has to prove he can be good enough for us in CM ideally, but he also has to do a job when called upon for RB the first months. Otherwise, might have to cash in on him being English and on low wages (could fetch a decent sum from a lower table PL team).

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Iwobi is a left winger, so too is Zaha. Mkhitaryan is a right winger .
Mkhitaryan is a central midfielder too...... he played his best games for Dortmund as one rather than a winger. Too bad neither he nor Iwobi are starting ahead of Özil.
That's where they are played, aren't they? I agree that Iwobi could be a CM in theory, but we'd have to see in practice if it works out. Would at least decrease the emphasis on his low output as an attacker. For a CM his output is alright.

Was responding to the contradictory posts made by him..

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Been checking socials and see lots of positive reactions from Everton supporters who seem to be warming to this. Hope he lands in a warm nest and proves his worth. Was not meant to be at Arsenal for him. Great character with a positive spirit.

He's not the only young man there and will probably gel nicely with Kean. Theo to take him under his wings should get him started. Will keep an eye on Everton games from now on.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Bye young friend! I will miss you but it’s for the best! We have to move forward.

HBL

Established Member
Good luck Alex, kind of sad about this. Ultimately he was never productive enough in the final third but he has some very clear assets which could result in him turning into a quality player. Hope he smashes it at Everton!

CJJ

Established Member
I've been critical of Iwobi but it always hurts a little when we let go of an Arsenal boy. This guy had (and still has) an immense talent. While i don't hope it'll shine through against our club, i truly wish him the best. He knew what the badge ment and he always worked hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom