• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain: Less Ox, More Snake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
Really love Ox as a Winger in our 343 formation. Plus he can slip into the midfield too. Hope he stays with us next season.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Don't think he was particularly lively, could have been down to the switch to the left or under instructions to protect the defence.

What I found really impressive though was the maturity to pull out for the Moses dive. Would have been very easy for him to just leave a leg in there.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Gotta hold my hand up and admit, I was so pissed with him when he played right forward with us, really thought he would never make it with us.

Kudos to the fella for sticKing to it and proving everyone wrong. I'll gladly eat my words every time an arsenal player proves me wrong and turns it around
People were right to note he wasn't very good there, because he wasn't most of the time. It just comes down to faith. It's easy to lose faith in players. The only winners are us, hopefully. No losers.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Might be a slight overexaggerstion as we know he can stagnate but with how versatile he is, getting him on a new contract is nearly as important as Özil and Alexis.

karl

Nobody else in the squad has his skill set, so I hope they sort out a deal soon. He may not be quite as quick as Bellerin or Walcott, but he uses his pace to much greater effect when wide.

If Ox doesn't play, the team are considerably more predictable. The only issue is that he is much more effective on the right and that precludes Bellerin in the current formation.

Last edited:

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

He's becoming our own little Alaba. How many players can play left wing back, right wing back, centre mid, attacking mid, left wing and right wing forward and look ok-good-great doing it?! Amazing talent.

Impact

Established Member
Don't think he played that well on the left to be honest. I think he worked hard and did a job for the team but look uncomfortable/inhibited.

Long-term it's centre mid and right-wing back/right-mid for Chamberlain.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Don't think he played that well on the left to be honest. I think he worked hard and did a job for the team but look uncomfortable/inhibited.

Long-term it's centre mid and right-wing back/right-mid for Chamberlain.
Yes, this is true but our limited options forced the boss' hand and we have to give Ox credit for looking fairly 'okay' in an uncomfortable position.

Saikung

Clearly uncomfortable with his left foot but he is still doing a great job.

will be interesting between him and bellerin.

Bellerin as the next Bale and move to right forward lol??

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
He can play on the left. He's played LW before, I can remember the Man Utd performance vividly where RVP was so mad we subbed him off. He dominated them. He can play RW, can drop deeper to play RWB. He can play LW, he can also do a job at LWB.

Doesn't mean it's his ideal position. But rather him than Gibbs over there every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Red&Dreadjm

When the Ox's confident, he's a very dangerous player. Happy he's making a consistent impact. Hopefully he'll stay injury free next season and really step up - about time.

Liverpool are preparing a bid of £40m for Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, according to the Express, in “a last-ditch attempt to stop him from signing a new £100,000-a-week contract with Arsenal.”

-Would you sell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The only moment of possible happiness is the present. The past gives regrets. And future uncertainties. Man quickly realised this and created religion. It forgives him what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future, as you will go to paradise.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom