• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Anti English bias mate.

If you don't like our English players, go find another club.

Chambers, Wilshere and Ox are superb talents. If they were called El Chambero, Wilzinho and Oxlade-ChingChongChamberlain they'd be rated much higher by some Arsenal fans. Most other clubs will kill to have talents like these, it's just a shame two of them have injury problems a lot of the time.

KillaJax

The Ox is here to stay unless he forces a move.

He is currently behind Campbell but I could see him playing at a similar level in the future. He is a good young prospect and a Wenger project. He is not leaving unless he himself hands in a transfer request.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Seriously, Ox has had bright moments just like most young players out there. There's nothing to suggest he's an elite level talent but I'll just let time show that.

No one hates our players because they're English, that's ridiculous. Most of our English players are average and the only one who isn't is extremely injury prone.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Coming from the only guy on here who didn't rate Mesut Özil! :lol:
'Only guy on here that didn't rate Özil'? What a load of horseshit on a few levels...

'Rate' what he was doing at the time, no. He was rubbish. Having a 'world class' label hanging around your neck isn't enough if you aren't showing it, and he wasn't. Simple really.

Token Yank

Either Oxlade-Chamberlain or Theo Walcott should be sold this summer, I think. I prefer a sale of Theo.
1) It will make space for another and more talented winger in our squad, Mario Götze for instance.
2) Let's get some cash when we can.
3) Both Ox and Walcott has not developed enough. However, the future still looks brighter for Ox, and I think he contributes more than Walcott when he plays.

A potential sale of Theo will leave us a bit short in the CF-position, but Mario Götze are probably as good as Walcott in that position. He has played the position - both for Bayern and Germany.
This has been my thinking for awhile. Sell Ox OR Theo and buy Gotze (or a comparable talent). At this point would rather sell Theo. Think Ox is a better player, more versatile, with room to develop. Theo looks like a kid who won a fan contest to play in a preseason friendly.

Token Yank

Seriously, Ox has had bright moments just like most young players out there. There's nothing to suggest he's an elite level talent but I'll just let time show that.

No one hates our players because they're English, that's ridiculous. Most of our English players are average and the only one who isn't is extremely injury prone.
Seems like all of our English players are injury prone. What do y'all eat over there?

US_Gooner

Established Member
Seems like all of our English players are injury prone. What do y'all eat over there?
What?

recipe-image-legacy-id--5300_10.jpg

SNF16BREK---620_1674278a.jpg

recipe-image-legacy-id--1253495_8.jpg

recipe-image-legacy-id--107459_12.jpg

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

We need to sell someone. We have a bloated injury prone still developing squad. It's too much to carry. We need to shift players on.
Ideally Theo, Wilshere or Cazorla move on. Possibly the Ox.

If Ox goes so be it though. We need the cash we need a squad place and we dont need the hassle of another injured developing player. If someone wants to pay us 30m and we buy a Gotze or equivalent I'd be stoked even if Ox does turn world class in the future. We've had both eyes on the future for too long and forgot about the moment.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Tinsy bit of delusion up above. Why would opposition fans be desperate to have players they never see? It'd be a bit like me saying I'd kill to have Daniel Sturridge. I rate him above any of our English lot but if he can't stay fit, he's next to ****ing useless.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

If Ox goes, I go.

Not happening though.
I think Wenger will try to improve the attack, if he can't find a top striker (likely) logic says he will look to improve the RW which is arguably in worse shape than CF.

If he buys a RW then one of Campbell, Ox and Theo will have to go. Campbell has played the best out of the three and Walcott will be the hardest to offload. A lot of ifs there but it's not unlikely that Ox goes considering his performances and durability.

Of course, Wenger could do a Wenger and sign no forward. But then you would be stuck here defending Wenger from idiotic comments and would eventually lose it and leave anyway.

Long story short, you're ****ed either way. :lol:

Will miss you man.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Logic dictates Wenger will probably do a Wenger. Those rumours about our spending this coming summer indicated a centre-back and a midfielder were our priorities, while it also mentioned a striker I think it'd either be a top level one (if they were available) or a slim chance it could be a young one with potential. If I was a betting man I'd bet on no striker again this summer though.

Basing on that article alone (think it was in the telegraph) it seems to be insinuating that Wenger blames our defensive side of the game costing us in recent weeks rather than a lack of goals.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Logic dictates Wenger will probably do a Wenger. Those rumours about our spending this coming summer indicated a centre-back and a midfielder were our priorities, while it also mentioned a striker I think it'd either be a top level one (if they were available) or a slim chance it could be a young one with potential. If I was a betting man I'd bet on no striker again this summer though.

Basing on that article alone (think it was in the telegraph) it seems to be insinuating that Wenger blames our defensive side of the game costing us in recent weeks rather than a lack of goals.
Then he would be mad!

Although that would be a typical Wenger thing.

Malky

Established Member
'Only guy on here that didn't rate Özil'? What a load of horseshit on a few levels...

'Rate' what he was doing at the time, no. He was rubbish. Having a 'world class' label hanging around your neck isn't enough if you aren't showing it, and he wasn't. Simple really.
You wanted Özil sold because of the above, no different from people wanting OX sold because of the same reasons. The lad's had the "potential" tag around his neck since he arrived and, one or two great performances aside, has barely improved any area of his game. Injuries have obviously got alot to do with that, but still, looks nowhere near 1st team level.
Your "Top Managers want him" argument is also "horseshit". If we're believing the papers that these "top managers" want OX then the report's that go along with it mention that Wenger, a top manager who works with OX everyday, is open to selling. Obviously Wenger must of lost faith in OX's potential and has decided to cash in. But that's only if we're believing what's in the papers.
Furthermore, Mourinho in the past and Pep might also just be considering their Home Grown numbers, seeing OX as an upgrade on what they have/available instead of over paying for some average squad filler like Delph.

For what its worth, I would rather Theo was the one we're selling this summer.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
You wanted Özil sold because of the above, no different from people wanting OX sold because of the same reasons. The lad's had the "potential" tag around his neck since he arrived and, one or two great performances aside, has barely improved any area of his game. Injuries have obviously got alot to do with that, but still, looks nowhere near 1st team level.
Your "Top Managers want him" argument is also "horseshit". If we're

For what its worth, I would rather Theo was the one we're selling this summer.

The two scenarios (Ox and Özil) are completely different, so your response has unfortunately failed. You tried to compare the two to make a point, but you've been unsuccessful. For this reason, I consider this meaningless exchange, dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom