• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

This forum is getting absolutely ridiculous. A clear underachieving player who hasn't progressed since he was 17 is being defended due to the sole fact that he's English.

Has it come across that maybe he isn't good enough? Despite being English if he maybe showed some consistency and progress, we wouldn't even be having this chat?

Has it come across that maybe he isn't good enough? Despite being English if he maybe showed some consistency and progress, we wouldn't even be having this chat?

Yeah that has crossed our minds. But if rumours are good why hasn't it crossed mind of greats like Mourinho, Pep and Wenger?

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Yeah that has crossed our minds. But if rumours are good why hasn't it crossed mind of greats like Mourinho, Pep and Wenger?
Lol.

Anyway, there's no doubt in regards to Alex's potential. That Milan CL game still excites me to what we could've gotten from Alex. He's very refreshing when he's on (Direct, Pacey, Creative) in regards to the rest of the bunch but the problem is he's on once a season if anything. I made a post in the Arsenal talk thread, the last good performance from him that I can remember is Man U semi finals.

He's had 7 career goals on the flank in 5 years, it's absolutely pathetic for a club as big as us to get that lackadaisical output. I think these managers realize his physical attributes and what he can bring to the table if he's on but frankly I don't see any difference from when he was 17 to now and that's frightening.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
This forum is getting absolutely ridiculous. A clear underachieving player who hasn't progressed since he was 17 is being defended due to the sole fact that he's English.

Where are you getting this from? Who has said 'we must not get rid because he's English'? Who has said this?

If anything, the fact that he's English is making you mad. Why are you talking about his nationality?

Gervais

Established Member
What?

recipe-image-legacy-id--5300_10.jpg

SNF16BREK---620_1674278a.jpg

recipe-image-legacy-id--1253495_8.jpg

recipe-image-legacy-id--107459_12.jpg
Man, English cuisine really is the best in the world.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Haven't seen this.

I myself back him as I think there is talent in him that hasn't been allowed to develop due to injuries. Nothing to do with his nationality.
Your post about anti-English bias mate, might've misread.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Where are you getting this from? Who has said 'we must not get rid because he's English'? Who has said this?

If anything, the fact that he's English is making you mad. Why are you talking about his nationality?
Lol talk about major assumptions. Like I was the first in this thread to bring up his nationality? Well done @Jury !

Anyway, I might've misunderstood GDeep and his post about anti-English bias.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Lol talk about major assumptions. Like I was the first in this thread to bring up his nationality? Well done @Jury !

I don't understand... This doesn't answer what I asked. Why do you think the only reason Ox is being defended is because he's English?

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I don't understand... This doesn't answer what I asked. Why do you think the only reason Ox is being defended is because he's English?
Your question: Why are you talking about his nationality?
My answer: Anyway, I might've misunderstood GDeep and his post about anti-English bias.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

The whole anti-English argument has been going on for a while tbh.

I still want to know what Ox has that we haven't seen from tens of pacy winger prospects before him?

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I don't think there's the slightest chance of us selling him.

Injuries are frustrating but with the talent he has and only 22 I'd give him another year.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I want Ox to have at least another season before we even consider letting him go. The potential is there and I dont want to see him blossom somewhere else.

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
He needs a loan. He's not good enough to start but could improve massively by playing week in week out elsewhere.

Mr Drummond

City paid £50 million for Sterling, they are just asking to be rinsed. If get +£30million for him then we are laughing.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
What do we do with him to make him improve though? Because he's not good enough to be a starter on a regular basis, but he needs regular playing time in order to improve..and of course there's always the standard 4 months out injured every season which stops his progression even further.

It's a tricky one with Ox. But if our youth projects are stopping us from getting a genuine top class talent out wide, then someone's gotta go. I'm just fed up of these injury prone players who don't progress and who take up a valuable squad space season after season. At least Campbell can be relied on.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

His talent is undeniable, so is his poor end product, questionable decision making and lack of durability.

Since when was talent enough to make it at a top four club? I think many are just scared of being wrong in case he does make it. Look around, all his peers are leaving him behind.

Ox has 14 goals in his entire time at Arsenal, Sterling has 11 goals in 39 apps for city this season, Barkley has 12. You can't defend that.

Last edited:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Sterling is obviously ahead of him but I'd still have Ox over the likes of Zaha, Redmond, Townsend, Lingard, Ibe etc.

Reactions: BBF

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Ox has had to put up with so many injury problems and competition at Arsenal that he's never had a run in the team of more than 5/6 games at a time. How's a player supposed to develop some consistency like that? Especially one that's still very young. He either goes games where he makes sub appearances and the odd start but can't get in the team, then when he does get a few consistent starts under his belt it's not long before he's injured again and by the time he comes back he'll have to fight for his place again combined with the fact it usually takes him a few starts to get going. It's such a vicious cycle for him.

It'a very simple regardless for me though, he shouldn't even be considered being sold at this point. Before his most recent injury he was starting to get into some form and besides on or two poor decisions he was actually playing extremely well vs Barca too. Why is it when our players get injured is it time for the "let's sell him" nonsense to start?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The whole anti-English argument has been going on for a while tbh.

I still want to know what Ox has that we haven't seen from tens of pacy winger prospects before him?

Tbf England is a ****hole, your football team sucks and Bale's gonna f*ck you till you like it in June.

But yeah Ox is a good egg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom