• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
Ox is the player that can blow up at any given time. This is what we keep telling ourselves, but let's be realistic. His numbers are ****. He's not stepped up and has had numerous chances to.

He needs a move, if only for his own career. Whether it's a loan or it's a transfer he's stagnated here. Wouldn't be too sad to get 30 million for him. Good money, tbh.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Ox is the player that can blow up at any given time. This is what we keep telling ourselves, but let's be realistic. His numbers are ****. He's not stepped up and has had numerous chances to.

He needs a move, if only for his own career. Whether it's a loan or it's a transfer he's stagnated here. Wouldn't be too sad to get 30 million for him. Good money, tbh.

He hasn't stagnated nor has he not taken his chances.

He's not developed because he keeps getting injured.

Think AM is going way ott. Talk is that he's negotiating a new deal.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
He's never started more than 5 league games in a row due to injury. Staying fit is his biggest issue imo, think he'd iron out the flaws in his game if he got an uninterrupted run in the team.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Ox is behind on progress but that's because of injuries.

It's frustrating but let's not make situation to be out something it isn't.

There are others who have had their chances and come up short, sell them first.

Aevi

Hale End FC
I agree that injuries are for the most part the reason for his lack of growth, but his latest is his fault.

He planted his foot in the way of Mascherano's after the latter had already committed to a tackle. He should instead have jumped over, like many footballers do to avoid the risk. It may have been difficult at high speed to change trajectory, but hopefully he learned his lesson and he'll be a tad more careful.

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
I think the injury excuse is just that - an excuse. He's made over 20 appearences this season. Last season he made over 30 appearances, the majority of them starts. For someone his age he's receiving more than enough game time to develop. He's just not that good.

Highbury Rock City

Even if he hasn't progressed they way one would have liked him to do, he can't be on a transfer list by any means, right? There have been many injuries and all to few shining moments so far, but he's still a good talent. Bare in mind that things can change quickly in football...

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

They're both not good at football. Ox's development has stalled because of this but it's about time we started considering durability as an attribute just like we think of dribbling, passing etc...

Can't keep an injury prone player who isn't developing then keep complaining about his injuries. Imagine what someone else could have done for us in those years?

Hinderz

Theo can be sold, Ox can go on loan. A new first choice winger can come in, campbell and the youngsters as backups

burnsjed

Established Member
We do need to upgrade our squad.
Arteta, Flamini and Rosicky will all be gone at the end of this season, one hopes.
Though it is easy to get attached to the players who not necessarily came through the youth system, but have been here for a long time, we do need to start being more ruthless.
We have Ramsey, Wilshere, Walcott and Ox who are all pretty injury prone.
I would keep Ramsey & Wilshere for sure and sadly cut ties with at least one of the other two.
That would give us 4/5 openings in our squad.

We seriously need a striker. I can't believe I am saying this, but right now Dat guy looks like our best option, imagine saying that 6 months ago!
I would keep Giroud over Walcott as he does offer something different.
I really can't see us buying Zlatan, but if we did, given he is on a free, it gives Welbeck time to develop, though maybe means Giroud would make more sense leaving than Walcott. Though going in to a season with a 35 year old Zlatan, and two players who have had injury problems might seem like rolling the usual pair of dice.
Not totally sure what other established players we can seriously attract/purchase, given the lack of true striker talent out there, and the likely competition from elsewhere.

Depending on what El Neny's role is going to be in the team, holding or box to box, we could certainly do with another option in midfield.
I would also go for a Goetze, Draxler or Rodriguez, sure there are others too, that would give us more options in the final third, especially if Theo or Ox, or both for that matter depart.

We should also be looking for another CB.

I do hate to see us cut our losses on players like Walcott and Ox, and not sure Wenger would ever do that, but we either replace the 3 senior players with proper first team talent, and not generate any incoming transfer fee, or make some painful decisions on players that are not kicking on for one reason or another.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Never as simple as that is it though?

Anyway, there's a handful of players I'd rather we sold before Ox.
Sometimes it is!

Agree with the second half of your post though, as long as one of the RW's leave then we're good.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
I wouldn't mind selling Ox, if we are getting someone like Ousmane Dembele in.

I think we have all seen enough in 4 seasons that while he is talented, he is never the answer for us beyond the bench. We can sell him and put in a buy back clause in the unlikely event that he ever become a useful player. I would focus on bringing the best out of Joel and Iwobi, they are far more intelligent, useful and skilled.

KillaJax

I don't advocate for him being sold but definitely a loan abroad is due.

Theo should be sold way before we consider selling the Ox.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Either we sell him, loan him or change his position. I just don't get why we're so insistent on playing him right wing where looks totally clueless majority of the time. He doesn't have any vision so better play him on the left or as try him as a striker even so he has some use with his power dribbling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season

Latest posts

Top Bottom