• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Hasn;t he specifically stated he doesn't want the WB role. He likes the center. Not sure which team could offer him a permanent role in the center though.

Has to be just agent talk. Chelsea/City might give him a chance in the centre but would quickly bin him when it doesn't work out.

Career wise the best options would be here or Liverpool. Although he fitness and injuries would be a worry under Klopp.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Has to be just agent talk. Chelsea/City might give him a chance in the centre but would quickly bin him when it doesn't work out.

Career wise the best options would be here or Liverpool. Although he fitness and injuries would be a worry under Klopp.
So basically the highlighted bit. These reasons you have stated are exactly why I am not so worried on this one... He is a smart lad. He will know this too.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I dont buy any of the positional **** just like with Theo. Its money.

How these rank average players bend the club over is beyond me. Alexis & Özil fine (we are lucky to have them) but its about time Arsenal call the bluff on the rest.

If Ox thinks he can get more minutes & a better contract at a City / Liverpool / Chelsea good luck to him. Not a big Ramsey fan but it was commendable how he signed for the same money after years of injury. Ox cant keep fit for 5 games & every time he returns Wenger gives him a chance to break in.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Don't want Ox to turn into another Theo, get a pretty pay rise for doing **** all then fall off the wagon.

I'd 100% sell him.

With regards to our homegrown players...

Walcott
Chambers
Damian Martinez
Wilshere
Welbeck
Gibbs
Jenkinson
Szczesny
Coquelin
Ramsey
Chamberlain

We can get rid of three of those. So we have to be realistic instead of saying Szczesny, Walcott, Chambers, Wilshere, Gibbs, Jenkinson and Ox are going to leave.

I now understand why its taking so long for outgoings, its a bit of a juggle because we have to register 25 squad players, 8 being homegrown.

My opinion is that Walcott, Chambers, Martinez, Welbeck, Coquelin, Ramsey and Wilshere are 100% going to stay.

That leaves Szczesny, Jenko, Gibbs and Ox. We can keep one and get rid of three.

pikey2000

Don't want Ox to turn into another Theo, get a pretty pay rise for doing **** all then fall off the wagon.

I'd 100% sell him.

With regards to our homegrown players...

Walcott
Chambers
Damian Martinez
Wilshere
Welbeck
Gibbs
Jenkinson
Szczesny
Coquelin
Ramsey
Chamberlain

We can get rid of three of those. So we have to be realistic instead of saying Szczesny, Walcott, Chambers, Wilshere, Gibbs, Jenkinson and Ox are going to leave.

I now understand why its taking so long for outgoings, its a bit of a juggle because we have to register 25 squad players, 8 being homegrown.

My opinion is that Walcott, Chambers, Martinez, Welbeck, Coquelin, Ramsey and Wilshere are 100% going to stay.

That leaves Szczesny, Jenko, Gibbs and Ox. We can keep one and get rid of three.

Good post, re: homegrown numbers.

Personally i'd get rid of them based on a combination of wages and injury record, i.e get rid of the high earning non starters, with that in mind i'd ship out Walcott, Wilshere and the OX.

I don't see where Walcott fits in anymore, assuming we stick with 3 at the back, he's getting a fairly large wage and as we know is susceptible to being injured for months at a time.

Jack hasnt proved he can stay injury free and hasn't kicked on performance wise, time we call it quits holding on to injury prone players no matter how much of a prospect they are

Ox also has questions marks over his ability to stay fit for a full season and to date has only managed roughly 10 consistent matches in a row....again we are hanging/paying for what "might" be

Welbeck/Gibbs/Coq/Chambers stay - these are for me the epitome of what you want in squaddies, hard working, 100% effort whenever they play but don't expect to be starting every match, regular wage demands.

Ramsey stays - willing to give him another season to rotate in the CM position, if he picks up an injury for more than two months he gets automatically added to next years "high wage/high injury" list

Jenkinson - lower end of the wage scale, kept on just for homegrown numbers.

Scz/Martinez - keep, sale Ospina.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Good post, re: homegrown numbers.

Personally i'd get rid of them based on a combination of wages and injury record, i.e get rid of the high earning non starters, with that in mind i'd ship out Walcott, Wilshere and the OX.

I don't see where Walcott fits in anymore, assuming we stick with 3 at the back, he's getting a fairly large wage and as we know is susceptible to being injured for months at a time.

Jack hasnt proved he can stay injury free and hasn't kicked on performance wise, time we call it quits holding on to injury prone players no matter how much of a prospect they are

Ox also has questions marks over his ability to stay fit for a full season and to date has only managed roughly 10 consistent matches in a row....again we are hanging/paying for what "might" be

Welbeck/Gibbs/Coq/Chambers stay - these are for me the epitome of what you want in squaddies, hard working, 100% effort whenever they play but don't expect to be starting every match, regular wage demands.

Ramsey stays - willing to give him another season to rotate in the CM position, if he picks up an injury for more than two months he gets automatically added to next years "high wage/high injury" list

Jenkinson - lower end of the wage scale, kept on just for homegrown numbers.

Scz/Martinez - keep, sale Ospina.

@pikey2000 I completely forgot but because Bellerin is now 22 he also counts as homegrown!

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Should try to retain Ox, but not at any cost. He's a useful player that can cover several positions, without being outstanding in any one of them. He was doing well in the RWB position, but I can see why a footballer with ambitions would not want to be pigeon holed into a non traditional role. Expect Wenger to be able to take the right call about this. Ox needs us as much as we do him, there's no guarantee he'll get the necessary playing time at Liverpool and we have a ready made replacement for the rwb role in Bellerin.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
We can properly start a shipping out process then. Can get rid of 4 players from that list. Next season Holding and Iwobi will be 22 so they'll also be eligible for home grown.

Baring in mind I did a little bit of research and we NEVER go over the 8 homegrown allocation. So we'll see 4 players leave through loan or being sold I think!

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
We can properly start a shipping out process then. Can get rid of 4 players from that list. Next season Holding and Iwobi will be 22 so they'll also be eligible for home grown.

Baring in mind I did a little bit of research and we NEVER go over the 8 homegrown allocation.
So we'll see 4 players leave through loan or being sold I think!
Is that true? Would be nice to see the back of some of them.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Is that true? Would be nice to see the back of some of them.

I went back to 2014 and we've never gone above 8.

Also, you may find this interesting but IF you can only say get 5 homegrown players together you can cut your squad number down to 21. That's exactly what we did in 2013.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenals-25-man-premier-league-squad-2252470

We had five homegrown players and a squad size of 21 players. So basically Wenger always looks at having the bare minimum in terms of homegrown. This is hopefully a good sign for this summer!

PS the state of that squad, how did we get CL football with that!

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
So currently, with me remembering EVERYONE -

Bellerin
Chambers
Wilshere
Walcott
Welbeck
Chamberlain
Ramsey
Jenkinson
Szczesny
Martinez
Gibbs
Coquelin

We're in a very strong position on this front, we can get rid of four this summer and then two next summer as Iwobi and Holding will both be 22.

The four I think Wenger will get rid of this summer will be - Szczesny, Gibbs, Jenkinson and Chambers (on loan I think)

He'll then see if Wilshere has progressed or not this coming season, he'll give him a chance to prove himself. If it doesn't work out then he'll be gone next summer. Hopefully along with Walcott.

That's my prediction RE homegrown anyway.

Gursha

I dont think Ox will turn out to be another Theo, Theo never had that spark in him dribble wise, what he always had was pace, off ball movement, and finishing, and maybe crossing

Ox has way more in his locker. we saw his crosses are way better than bellerins for example, speed is no issue, dribbling will get sharper and on an whole different level than theo, finishing is ok and will improve, can create a killer pass.

tbh, i might be very smart in hindsight, but it was kinda clear walcott would not cut it, he barely improved in any department since.. what? 20-21?

I dont think ox will turn out to be another walcott, what i might be fearing is that he'll turn out to be another wilshere. if he stays and gets a run without injury ( maybe that new Hamstring god we signed will help), he'll shine.

I wouldnt sell, not by any chance.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
So currently, with me remembering EVERYONE -

Bellerin
Chambers
Wilshere
Walcott
Welbeck
Chamberlain
Ramsey
Jenkinson
Szczesny
Martinez
Gibbs
Coquelin

We're in a very strong position on this front, we can get rid of four this summer and then two next summer as Iwobi and Holding will both be 22.

The four I think Wenger will get rid of this summer will be - Szczesny, Gibbs, Jenkinson and Chambers (on loan I think)

He'll then see if Wilshere has progressed or not this coming season, he'll give him a chance to prove himself. If it doesn't work out then he'll be gone next summer. Hopefully along with Walcott.

That's my prediction RE homegrown anyway.

I'll be shocked if Gibbs and Jenkinson are still around. With Szczesny, I think it might be more or less up to him. If he's willing to stick around and compete with Cech, Wenger might just keep him (in which case I could see Martinez going out on loan again). I could definitely see Chambers going out on loan again as well. He actually played pretty well for Middlesbrough. They seemed happy with him. Another season of regular playing time might be just the ticket.

Sometimes I just don't know what to make of Jack Wilshere. He's been such a disappointment that I often feel like Arsenal should just get rid of him. He's got such great vision, creativity and passing ability, but the rest of his game is underwhelming. I keep thinking that maybe if he can stay healthy he'll get it all together. Maybe he can. But he wasn't exactly piling up the stats at Bournemouth (27 games, 0 goals, 2 assists).

Walcott has his moments of brilliance, but I think he's just become comfortable in what he is and won't ever be more than that. And I'm not sure how much he'll fit into the new formation. Truthfully, I would think both Walcott and Wilshere would want to go somewhere where they could play regularly and try to get back into the England team for the World Cup.

If I were Arsenal, I most certainly would not sell Oxlade-Chamberlain unless somebody made me an offer I couldn't refuse. He's got great skills. He made real progress this year and he's only 23. I can envision the possibility of his game taking a big jump like Mahrez's did two years ago. Plus, even if just Liverpool (much less Chelsea or City, if there's anything in that) are interested, somebody must see something in him. I'm definitely not ready to give up on him yet.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Ox has the potential to be the best RWB in the league. Ox certainly displayed the form in that role at the end of the season to back it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We live a society where everybody knows everything and it looks like it is a shame to say I don’t know

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom