• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Status
Not open for further replies.

GOONER1991

Established Member
Never even heard of this kid before today if I'm honest. Personally I'd rather us save the money and buy Eden Hazard in the summer, but this guy must have some quality to have the top Premier League teams courting him.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I haven't seem him either but if he's got Theo-like pace and has a much more advanced football sense than Theo did when he was at that stage, then he can't be half bad.

DOUBLE-YOU

He looks decent. I would rather have him than Hazard. Hazard is more advanced, but we have players like him. This boy looks like he'll run behind defenders, and not just want the ball to feet. Its all about balance you know!

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Interesting if we do sign him, we could end up with half the England first 11 at Arsenal if everyone keeps developing like they are. For real this time.

Hate that we are always looking to the future though...

Proof

Established Member
Here's another video with this boy.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6GdxEZWXGQw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... GdxEZWXGQw</a>

brady_style

I think he looks very tasty.

The goal where he has his back to goal and traps the ball while spinning around to then striker ball, great technique.

I think he'd be a very good signing for us. It might allow us to play Theo as a striker.

Having two talented speed merchants in the side would surely be a good thing.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Big Poppa said:
You're right, it would be better if we looked to the past?

I said ALWAYS looking to the future :p . Never seem to be trying to make those last few important improvement to what we have. Always a weak area.

But hey, if we can look to the future and improve the current squad and this signing doesn't come out of the funds we have to sign first team players then awesome.

KY

Established Member
Big Poppa said:
You're right, it would be better if we looked to the past?
Actually pops, it wouldn't be a bad idea if we drew inspiration from the arsenal circa 98-04 era. The signings then were definitely more spot on than now!

patrick42uk

Established Member
Its not verified that he's Theo quick. I doubt it to be honest - Theo's speed is pretty out of this world - when you consider he's not even a footballer, but he's still at this level....it says it all about his speed.

This guy looks gifted technically. He's a talented English boy which is a very rare, very valuable commodity that we should be looking to get our hands on. He appears to have the basic qualities to fit in here as well.

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member
Theo is technically good as well. Not many players can control the ball or finish as well as he does at his pace.

He just doesn't have the awareness and the composure to pick up the best option when he has too many of them.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
If this Chamberlain guy can anywhere near match Theo's final third productivity signing him very well may not be the end of the world. Can't lie i've got caught in this Hazard hype so if a choice of either I would naturally opt for the Belgian.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
truth_hurts said:
If this Chamberlain guy can anywhere near match Theo's final third productivity signing him very well may not be the end of the world. Can't lie i've got caught in this Hazard hype so if a choice of either I would naturally opt for the Belgian.
Hazard is lighting up France right now, Chamberlain has 2-3 games under his belt
Every time he runs at a defense it look like a smaller version of CR7

MDGoonah41

Established Member
Sign him.
Sign Hazard.

The more competition for spots, the better. The ones who dont make it can be sold.

ricky1985

Established Member
Daily Star

£10M ALEX OXLADE-CHAMBERLAIN HEADS FOR ARSENAL

ARSENAL have won a £10million chase for Southampton starlet Alex Oxlade-­Chamberlain.

They have agreed to pay £5m up front for the winger, 17, with a further £5m to follow, based on appearances and success.

Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger has beaten competition from Manchester United, Tottenham and Liverpool for the son of former England winger Mark Chamberlain, who advised his lad to move to The Emirates.

Oxlade-­Chamberlain follows another product of the Saints academy to Arsenal. Theo Walcott made a similar move five years ago.

The Gunners paid Southampton £12m for Walcott, now 21.

Chamberlain’s transfer is expected to be ratified in the transfer window.

It remains to be seen whether he will then return to Southampton on loan for the rest of the season.
Almost certainly a stab in the dark from a crap newspaper, but my gut says we're negotiating or planning on making a bid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I want a fan to wake up in the morning and say, “Arsenal are playing today, I’m going to have a good time.” That guy starts his day off by thinking that something good is going to happen to him. And to do that, big clubs like Arsenal have to have the ambition to play spectacularly. Of shared happiness.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom