• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Status
Not open for further replies.

otfgoon

Established Member
joecolestar.jpg

So yeah, probably crap. Looks like there's a real chance though, with our track record with youth you'd imagine we'd be one of the favorites to land the kid.

scytheavatar

Established Member
jmsmtthw28 said:
truth_hurts said:
If this Chamberlain guy can anywhere near match Theo's final third productivity signing him very well may not be the end of the world. Can't lie i've got caught in this Hazard hype so if a choice of either I would naturally opt for the Belgian.
Hazard is lighting up France right now, Chamberlain has 2-3 games under his belt
Every time he runs at a defense it look like a smaller version of CR7

To be fair I would hesitate to expect too much immediately from a 19 year old player, and even less from a 17 year old. Both Chamberlain and Hazard would be signings for the future, and hardly some kind of finished product that'll make Madrid green with envy.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
scytheavatar said:
jmsmtthw28 said:
truth_hurts said:
If this Chamberlain guy can anywhere near match Theo's final third productivity signing him very well may not be the end of the world. Can't lie i've got caught in this Hazard hype so if a choice of either I would naturally opt for the Belgian.
Hazard is lighting up France right now, Chamberlain has 2-3 games under his belt
Every time he runs at a defense it look like a smaller version of CR7

To be fair I would hesitate to expect too much immediately from a 19 year old player, and even less from a 17 year old. Both Chamberlain and Hazard would be signings for the future, and hardly some kind of finished product that'll make Madrid green with envy.

Definitely it would be unfair to expect instant impact from either jut look how long it has took Nasri and Theo to become regular contributors. I just wee a potential world beater in Hazard but (quite unfair as i've only seen bits) a top premiership forward in Chamberlain.

Very much doubt we would sign both but then again if we shift Vela and Bendtner/Arshavin (hope not) who knows.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Unfortunately I cant check out the videos posted as Im near my cap. I do however appreciate the commentary on them.

Bendtner and Arshavin arent going anywhere imo. Wenger has come out and expressed his love for both these. Vela on the other hand is perhaps a realistic option.

I sincerely hope we can get both Alex and Hazard though, despite that 10 million to be paid.

The Escaped Ape

Though to be fair they're saying it's a Walcott style £5m now and another £5m based on appearances, so I can't see this seriously impeding our budget. I'd be more worried about it meaning there wasn't a space for Hazard in Wenger's mind.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Iloveyouarsenewenger said:
Theo is technically good as well. Not many players can control the ball or finish as well as he does at his pace.

He just doesn't have the awareness and the composure to pick up the best option when he has too many of them.

I disagree. You could make a compilation of poor touches, miscontrols, and heavy dribbling from all his best games this season, let alone from some of his weaker ones. I really don't know what to make of him, at the moment. He's become the decisive player we all hoped he would be, but despite stepping up, his uncoordination with the ball is still painfully evident.

ricky1985

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
Theo is technically good as well. Not many players can control the ball or finish as well as he does at his pace.

He just doesn't have the awareness and the composure to pick up the best option when he has too many of them.

I disagree. You could make a compilation of poor touches, miscontrols, and heavy dribbling from all his best games this season, let alone from some of his weaker ones. I really don't know what to make of him, at the moment. He's become the decisive player we all hoped he would be, but despite stepping up, his uncoordination with the ball is still painfully evident.
It's an issue I have with Theo too, his touch and technique, especially when moving at pace, lets him down too often. That said, it had improved massively at the start of the season, almost unrecognisably so, and then he got injured, it kept him out of playing and training for two months, and when he returned the improvement he had made didn't seem to be there. Now that he has 10 games or so back playing under his belt, for me, his touch has come back to him, and he looks a massively improved player in that department. If you watch the Ipswich and West Ham games back you'd see the 3 or 4 times in each game where Theo has plucked a ball out of the sky, showed good control when running full-tilt, or instantly controlled a difficult pass and got his shot off - it's only because his shooting has been poor that it's gone a little unnoticed.

I think more than just being a little rusty, when you haven't trained something to become second nature, it can take a little while to return to you. It's obvious Theo has been working extremely hard in training to improve what he's not good at, give him another couple of years of development, and he will be a seriously good player.

qs

Established Member
outlaw_member said:

He's English and not Jack Wilshere. They all have that touch. Watch Rooney and more often than not his first touch is worse than Theos. The likes of Gerrard, Carrick, Lennon, etc are much worse.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Dharmesh Seth from Sky Spots News claims he has been told by a Southampton source that Chaimberlains likely destination is Arsenal but Man City are sending officials to meet Southampton over the player today too.

The SSN reporter also claims that the Southampton manager has revealed the player will be sold to a club who can ''best nurture'' him and not simply to the biggest bidder.

AxlGunners

Arshavin and Vela out.

Hazard and Chamberlain in.

Could make 12-14m on the sales of them two. Chamberlain apparently is only going to be 5m up front with 5m in bonuses.

outlaw_member

Established Member
qs said:
outlaw_member said:

He's English and not Jack Wilshere. They all have that touch. Watch Rooney and more often than not his first touch is worse than Theos. The likes of Gerrard, Carrick, Lennon, etc are much worse.

To be fair, even Wilshere's game is littered with poor touches, and the same goes for Ramsey, although it's definitely less so than many of their country men. Despite, their vast array of technical qualities, they are still inherently British at the end of the day. :p

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
qs said:
outlaw_member said:

Actually you just need to compare Theo's close control dribbling with Lennon and you can see the difference. Then again, Theo started football very late...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We live a society where everybody knows everything and it looks like it is a shame to say I don’t know

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom