• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexander Hleb

14teranga

Is anybody concerned about Toure, Eboue and maybe Lauren leaving for African Cup of Nations for about a month and we still did not get a defender?

A

Anonymous

At Arsenal not all players numbers in training are the same as the match day numbers

Double_H

Established Member
14teranga said:
Is anybody concerned about Toure, Eboue and maybe Lauren leaving for African Cup of Nations for about a month and we still did not get a defender?

we Have Phil and Sol .....and i dont think Lauren will play with cameron

arsenal4life

14teranga said:

Lauren wont go
Only Toure and Eboue

Cuprum

I read belarussian newspaper, that his number will be 13 for sure.
It's respective source,they haven't tendency to lie.

the dawn raids

Established Member
wow, 1000 posts in the transfer section, and another 13 pages here. id say about every view of the hleb deal has been observed and about exhausted by now. :shock:

kanuuu

Established Member
DB10 said:
is that titi with the cornrows in the second picture?????

I don't think so.

Anyone know who that was in the background behing Hleb with the cornrows?

yonatan

By the way, I just thought about it and I think Hleb will play in the right wing the same way Cesc did, coming in to the center.

air

Woah. I haven't even commented on this yet.

Sometime since last winter I've been expecting a new player who can play as an attacking midfielder/winger á la Pires/Ljungberg, our only players who can truly fill those positions.

I haven't seen much of Hleb but I think he is another very good option for us to have on the right side of midfield.

I'm glad I got what I wanted. :wink:

Jinn

Established Member
kanuuu said:
DB10 said:
is that titi with the cornrows in the second picture?????

I don't think so.

Anyone know who that was in the background behing Hleb with the cornrows?
training05072005_8.jpg

Henry has no cornrows.

Cuprum

I read this information in some Russian and Belarussian newspapers, and some russian websites also.

Hleb has taken his medical on June 30th and wait for results now. After that (medical) he talked with AW and had said, that his surname on shirt should look like "Gleb",not "Hleb". Hleb was offered number 13, but if Pires leaves Arsenal, it would be 7. Hleb will live in hotel for first three months, and will look for home at that time. Club gave him car and personal driver until Hleb will buy car with right (i mean not left) drive wheel. He must learn English before start of the season, and he is given personal teacher for this purpose. Work permit must be granted, because Hleb is player of NT with 62nd place in FIFA list.(higher than 70th).

I hope you understand my English. If you not afraid of it, i can translate Hleb's interview to Russian newspaper,dated 2nd July.

invisibleman18

Established Member
oh, so its pronounced Gleb then?
i know thats been asked before and theres been a few different views on it. lol been using him on fifa to see how they say his name but they dont seem to say it in the commentary. guess we will just have to wait until commentators start saying it.

about the work permit, you also have to play 75% of the national team games over the last 2 years dont you? and i think he hasnt done that. so who knows?

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrived, an Arsenal share was worth £800; it subsequently rose continuously in value and by the time I left it stood at £17,000.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom