• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexander Hleb

luma

well yakubu got a permit and he has not played 75 percent of his countrys games and he is not european

asajoseph

Established Member
Work permit must be granted, because Hleb is player of NT with 62nd place in FIFA list.(higher than 70th).

That's inaccurate - although Belarus are currently 62nd according to the Fifa rankings, the rankings used by the home office are aggregated over 2 years, and Belarus are not above 70th according to those.

gunner_down_under

*touch wood* if he didn't get the work permit, what happens then?....i mean, i know we can appeal and all, but are there any other complications involved?

DB10

well he's is a first team player, and probably starting as well,

i think that its easier to get a permit for a first team player, than it is for a squad player.

i'm sure that he will get a permit, we would annouce it otherwise.

I mean remeber when we were to buy cech, but failed because of the permit, it was never announced.

otherwise we'll get come english lass to marry him before the season starts....... :lol: :lol: :lol:

afrodizzy

Could'nt we have done the same with Batista, say appeal if intial application had been refused or since he has already lived in Europe and UK is part of the EU then would he have had his EU passport issued here in London?

seb_afc

Established Member
good point you raise there afrodizzy, . he wouldnt get an english or spanish passport but european union passport. so i dont see what the problem is either?

asajoseph

Established Member
There was never any doubt, but after all the rumours, debate, worry and stress surrounding this transfer, it's been an incredible relief to see that this is 100% complete.

Absolultely delighted, can't wait to see him play.

Mark

Established Member
He's already been training with the team. Hopefully we will see him against Barnet.

jmd4211

The official statement said that we won our appeal to get him a permit - does this mean it was initially rejected?

Arsenal Quotes

Women kill for love and men kill because they hate to lose

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom