• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

9jagooner

Yeah but how many times has he lost his confidence now?
He's scored 17, 19 goals in past 2 seasons respectively. Sure we need better but can Arsenal afford better is the question. I like Nketiah but I've not seen anything to make him first team at Arsenal when we have options. I expect Arteta to get a striker next whether Auba/Laca stay or go.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The dramatic decline in Lacazette has probably seen the board become more willing to meet Auba’s demands.

The club would never sell both, best keep the one that scores at least.

9jagooner

If Auba wants to leave, not sure there's much the club can do. Plus he's in his 30s so we definitely need a replacement

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Biggest flop signing next to Mustafi and Franny Jeffers.
I will add Özil since his contract siging too as a flop...60 million wasted in wages.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Such a waste. Thought it was confidence issues, but I don't think it is.

The club needs to act this window. If we cannot shift him at least use him in a player swap. But which club would want him?

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Biggest flop signing next to Mustafi and Franny Jeffers.
I will add Özil since his contract siging too as a flop...60 million wasted in wages.
Not really a flop, you can kind of foresee this before he joins based on judging his ability. He was not very bright other than finishing. You can analysis the goals he scored in France. And think if he can replicate them in the PL with less space available/more press....

Last edited:

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
I expect Arteta to get a striker next whether Auba/Laca stay or go.

Not sure we have the budget to get one if Auba and Laca both stay. Would really have loved to have seen Martinelli played through the middle. Think he has shown far more than either Laca or Nketiah this season. I don't usually get excited that much by a young player breaking into the first 11. They're usually way overhyped when in fact they aren't ready. Martinelli seems different to me, I see enormous potential in him. Shame he is out for the season. (Not that he would have got much minutes, or even played anywhere besides on the wing anyway).

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This summer window will only be a success if we offload this guy. I'd be more than happy if we could keep Auba and just bin this bloke, not even too bothered about a replacement, Eddie/Martinelli are already better players.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I have been telling that he has been so bad this season. I will still say that he was very good last season.

Last season was very overrated, sure it was his best season at the club, but lets not pretend it was anything more than just decent. He still went missing every away game, which accounts 50% of matches in a season, and was absolutely now where to be seen past March.

The slack this guy is given by the media and large portion of the fanbase is really infuriating. He cost 55m ffs, one of if not the biggest flops during my time of watching Arsenal.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Sell both Auba and Laca

Buy Gouiri

Play Martinelle and John Jules instead of Nketiah

Need all players to be highly technical especially the attacking players and play beautiful entertaining football.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Sell both Auba and Laca

Buy Gouiri

Play Martinelle and John Jules instead of Nketiah

Need all players to be highly technical especially the attacking players and play beautiful entertaining football.

You do realise that we are not playing U21 football next season :lol:

Selling Auba and bringing in a kid with 1 league appearance as a replacement, we'd be worse than we are this season ffs.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Last season was very overrated, sure it was his best season at the club, but lets not pretend it was anything more than just decent. He still went missing every away game, which accounts 50% of matches in a season, and was absolutely now where to be seen past March.

The slack this guy is given by the media and large portion of the fanbase is really infuriating. He cost 55m ffs, one of if not the biggest flops during my time of watching Arsenal.
I think we have discussed this enough time in this thread. He has scored against big teams to consider his performance last season very good. And he never went missing in those matches where he didn't score. He did help a lot with our defense because our defense and midfield were pathetic in away matches and stats do support his defensive contributions.

Fans voted him player of the season and now the same fans are asking him to be sold. I don't see him being given any slack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom