• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

No it wasn't.

Lacazette contributed to 32 goals last season, one of the most productive seasons in Emirates’ history. In fact, he is one of only 8 players to have contributed more than 30 goals in a season since we moved to the Emirates 14 years ago (FYI: Giroud achieved that just once, in a much better team and at a less productive rate). Here’s how they rank:

RVP - 51 g+a in 11/12 - 80.3 mins / g+a
Sanchez - 48 g+a in 16/17 - 88.1 mins / g+a
Fabregas - 39 g+a in 09/10 - 78.7 mins / g+a
Aubameyang - 39 g+a in 18/19 - 99 mins / g+a
Walcott - 37 g+a in 12/13 - 80.8 mins / g+a
Fabregas - 37 g+a in 07/08 - 108.2 mins / g+a
Sanchez - 37 g+a in 14/15 - 116.9 mins / g+a
Adebayor - 35 g+a in 07/08 - 105.7 mins / g+a
RVP - 34 g+a in 08/09 - 101.4 mins / g+a
Giroud - 34 g+a in 13/14 - 120.4 mins / g+a
Lacazette - 32 g+a in 18/19 - 104 mins / g+a

He didn’t have an elite season à la Van Persie in 11/12, Sanchez in 16/17 or Fabregas in 09/10, but when you move past those stand-outs his numbers are comparable to any other ‘great season’ at the club over the past 14 years.

More productive (considering minutes played) than Adebayor or Fabregas in 07/08 and Sanchez in 14/15. And that’s despite our most effective creative weapon being a ****ing LB all season.

Oh and those weren’t unimportant goals either:
I don’t get why we have to retrospectively make a player crap when they’re currently not playing well.

It was quite clear for all to see that he had a good season. You don’t win player of the season by accident ffs.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
I don’t get why we have to retrospectively make a player crap when they’re currently not playing well.

It was quite clear for all to see that he had a good season. You don’t win player of the season by accident ffs.

Actually you do. I remember the 17/18 season Monreal was winning it, then guys on Twitter who rate Ramsey went mad with retweets about wanting him to win, etc. As @BigPoppaPump says, it's a popularity contest. :lol:

Besides Auba was clearly the better player that season. And as I showed, Laca's stats were comparable to Giroud's so I'm not buying this amazing season of his, when the latter was shamed for similar numbers.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
And my word was Giroud ****ing crap don’t ever.

Guy had a prime Cazorla-Özil conveyor belt providing him with chances to miss and that’s before you include Alexis and Ramsey.

Giroud. :lol:

Love how Arsène collected a bunch of technical playmakers, and instead of giving them a fast striker to play with, he gave them a target man who needed wingers, when we didn't play with out and out wingers.

Big Wengz was a loveable madman :lol:

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
And my word was Giroud ****ing crap don’t ever.

Guy had a prime Cazorla-Özil conveyor belt providing him with chances to miss and that’s before you include Alexis and Ramsey.

Giroud. :lol:
Giroud was that frustrating he had a lot of people excited about a Demba Ba loan at one point :lol:. Saying that I did think Giroud served a purpose coming on as a sub. Used to score a lot of goals from the bench but should never have been starting for us.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Actually you do. I remember the 17/18 season Monreal was winning it, then guys on Twitter who rate Ramsey went mad with retweets about wanting him to win, etc. As @BigPoppaPump says, it's a popularity contest. :lol:

Besides Auba was clearly the better player that season. And as I showed, Laca's stats were comparable to Giroud's so I'm not buying this amazing season of his, when the latter was shamed for similar numbers.
It’s a popularity contest backed by being at least half decent. You’ll never see a player who hasn’t had a good season win the award.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Lacazette is a fine forward having a bad season who even when we signed him never seemed quite the right fit for the club at first choice striker given the make up of the rest of the squad.

He was brilliant in a differently structured team with a different playstyle in a weaker league, and since coming to Arsenal has been slightly disappointing for the fee but not to the degree that anyone could call him a failure.

If Auba stays, its likely best for everyone if Laca can flourish in a slightly less physical league.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Nobody has attempted to disprove them because you can’t disprove them: they’re facts. You can cry about Lacazette’s big bum all you want; it won’t change the fact that he was very productive last season.

You don’t seem to understand that it’s possible to rate - or even hate - a player, and still be objective about their performances.

Look: I’ll even colour code it for you!

I rate Lacazette but his productivity has been awful this season. You don’t rate Lacazette, but his productivity was very good last season.

Hope that helps? Can draw a diagram if not.

Those stats you keep posting aren’t anywhere near as impressive as you think. Like you think being 8th most productive is something special when you’re comparing his Europa goals and assists to CL players. Who even brags about 8th place :lol:

See how you add his goals and assists since neither are impressive on their own?

Also you hated Giroud but your stats show that he was better than Lacazette, makes no sense.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Love how Arsène collected a bunch of technical playmakers, and instead of giving them a fast striker to play with, he gave them a target man who needed wingers, when we didn't play with out and out wingers.

Big Wengz was a loveable madman :lol:

Suarez / Vardy / Welbeck - he tried.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Laca is okay as backup striker like Giroud was.

We lost RVP, couldnt sign Suarez / Vardy .. but now we have Auba, with Nketiah / Martinelli being groomed to take over.

say yes

forum master baiter

Bizarre isn’t it :lol:

So many valid criticisms you could make about Lacazette’s game, but the usual bums have chosen this hill to waste their credibility on.

Can’t believe we have to explain that you can’t change a player’s stats just because you don’t like them ffs.

Mraven

So many valid criticisms you could make about Lacazette’s game, but the usual bums have chosen this hill to waste their credibility on.

Can’t believe we have to explain that you can’t change a player’s stats just because you don’t like them ffs.

what stats? Our 50m record signing Lacazette still hasn’t managed to reach 15 PL goals a season.
I dislike Giroud as much as anyone, but Lacazette has been a downgrade in goal output.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

Everyone makes valid criticism about Lacazette all the time, you just bury your head in the sand and copy and paste the same mediocre stats that no ones impressed by. You even posted Giroud had a better season but you hated Giroud, that’s what makes no sense.

say yes

forum master baiter
what stats? Our 50m record signing Lacazette still hasn’t managed to reach 15 PL goals a season.
I dislike Giroud as much as anyone, but Lacazette has been a downgrade in goal output.
He contributed to 32 goals last season. An impressive total, at a very impressive rate given he was playing second fiddle to Aubameyang a lot of the time. A lot of important goals too. The stats are all on the last page.

But yeah, there’s no disputing that Lacazette’s productivity has fallen off a cliff this season.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
@Trilly nobody said he was crap, or at least I didn't, last season. Not sure why you say that.

Not surprised the p*ssy @say yes tries to lean on that angle either. :rofl:

Mraven

He contributed to 32 goals last season. An impressive total, at a very impressive rate given he was playing second fiddle to Aubameyang a lot of the time. A lot of important goals too. The stats are all on the last page.

But yeah, there’s no disputing that Lacazette’s productivity has fallen off a cliff this season.

It’s not about this season. In his “amazing” season last year, Lacazette still couldn’t outscore Giroud. And the fact that you need to include his EL stats says it all.

say yes

forum master baiter
@Trilly nobody said he was crap, or at least I didn't, last season. Not sure why you say that.

Not surprised the p*ssy @say yes tries to lean on that angle either. :rofl:
You ok mate?

That’s three tags in this thread since I last bothered replying to you. Hate to borrow from your infantile terminology, but you seem a bit “rustled”?

182-1827781_troll-face-meme-angry-happy-mad-mask-fake.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

What is unbelievable is that I am in a position where people reproach me for making a profit. The people who lose money – nobody says a word.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom