<

Alexandre Lacazette: Alexandre The Good Again

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Lady_Gooner, Jul 19, 2020.

1. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

We wont know until we try it. Our attack has been poor for a while, we have to try something different and Auba is the best CF at the club.

2. Macho

Macho Established Member Trusted

What’s Auba gonna do with Tierney crosses though?
    Probably more than Laca but not by much he’s also not Giroud.

Relying on Auba to convert our one/two clear cut chances might work against Leeds but it won’t work across the 29 other league matches.

It’s not a personnel problem, we have two strikers (yes including Lacazette) who are capable of tucking away half their chances. If you look at our season so far this is exactly what has happened you can even look this stuff up.

I am aware I am sounding like a broken record nowadays though.

Laca isn’t good enough at the moment anyways, the front 3 does need freshening up I just don’t think it’s the long term answer.

You’ll all be screaming for Pepe to get benched or sold again by the end of this weekend anyways, so all these calls for him to start is amusing to me.

dka91, OSBK, Trilly and 1 other person like this.
  3. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

Yeah looks like he's losing the popularity contest now, people think i'm trolling when I saw people like players for other reasons than what they do on the pitch. He's declined physically though so that's probably what turned a lot of people.

Macho likes this.
  4. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

I'm guessing this was before the automatic stoppage for head injuries?:lol:

Riou likes this.
  5. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

Yeah I won't make a case for someone like Laca but Pepe gives me vibes of someone that would explode under Wenger.
    Compare him to guys like Theo and Gervinho, look at the chances and positions they'd get in and it's hard to argue that Pepe wouldn't be hitting 20 goals under a season under Wenger.

6. akhil

akhil Well-Known Member

Wenger would've moved Pepe upfront by now. He's already more mobile and stronger than Laca. Probably better back to goal as well.

GoonerJay24, kash2 and Trilly like this.
  7. dka91

dka91 Well-Known Member

Pretty much this. I am a strong proponent for Auba up front but hand on heart, him playing there or us switching to four at the back won't make much difference if we don't change the way we're actually attacking.

We're too slow and cautious in build up, move it to the wings too early and don't look to get our wide and most talented players into dangerous areas enough.

In short we're a disaster when we attack. If that's sorted Laca probably looks a lot better.

Macho, RacingPhoton and Pyres7 like this.
  8. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

9. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

Does that mean what I think it means? They can't buy him after the loan ends? I can't even say his name I'm so disgusted.

10. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Meme Merchant

It's from 2017

11. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

Tir Na Nog likes this.
  12. MikelHadADream

MikelHadADream Well-Known Member

I dont understand this declined physically argument people seem to make. He has always been a slug and has always tired after 60 odd minutes.

Wenger used to take him off all the time because of this.

13. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

Yeah I know but now he gets tired after 30 minutes.

sdotzdot and dbig like this.
  14. sdotzdot

sdotzdot Well-Known Member

He’s been absolutely disgraceful the past few games, honestly the worst he’s ever been.

All the focus was on Willian but he should be ashamed, he should be no where near the starting spot anymore, he’s had chance upon chance and fails to deliver.

Keep Auba up top like today, or start Nketiah. I don’t want to see him anywhere near the starting team in the PL again.

15. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Many Men Wish Death Upon Me

The only positive today I think was not having to watch Lacazette on green grass thinking about 5 guys meal.

16. Macho

Macho Established Member Trusted

[​IMG]

Serious question though, do we have a prob?

American_Gooner likes this.
  17. RunTheTrap

RunTheTrap Well-Known Member

Lowkey Lacazette’s stock has gone up just a notch. Still a God awful striker but at least those accusations that he’s the reason our attack is so bad can be laid to rest. He’s terrible and he should be moved on but things aren’t going to drastically improve until we have a serious look at ourselves.

18. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

Remember when he went on that really bad no goal run and Aubameyang had to donate him a penalty :lol: can't believe you lot rated him back then.

19. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

It wasn't a "really bad no goal run". He was out for nearly two months after a knee operation, and Auba gave him a penalty in his first game back.

Riou and Macho like this.
  20. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

That was his first goal in 14 games though, what do you call that?