• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The only people that crab him or give him begrudging praise are those that didnt want him to begin with. You know who they are...

Grow up ffs. :lol:

skip spence

Expert finishing from what we've seen so far. Always seems to make the correct shooting decisions and his execution is top notch. Özil, Sanchez and Laca should be able to score a few goals between them.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Lacazette is the best finisher we've had since Van Persie. Sanchez although a great goal scorer is very erratic with his shot-selection and technique.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Lacazette is the best finisher we've had since Van Persie. Sanchez although a great goal scorer is very erratic with his shot-selection and technique.
tumblr_oraoy6WxDR1vvwgg7o3_r1_500.gif

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It really begs the question that if he only needs two chances to score one goal. Why are we only capable of creating one chance for him per game?
If you can get him into a position to shoot at least 6 times in a game you will guarantee at least one goal. I don't feel we are using him correctly yet. Players need to start feeding him and stop thinking about themselves.

africe

It really begs the question that if he only needs two chances to score one goal. Why are we only capable of creating one chance for him per game?
If you can get him into a position to shoot at least 6 times in a game you will guarantee at least one goal. I don't feel we are using him correctly yet. Players need to start feeding him and stop thinking about themselves.
Was just thinking along the same lines. He's great on the ball, very technically sound and makes the good decision most of the time, yet he doesn't seem to have the ball anywhere near often enough. Hopefully this improves as the season goes on.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
The partnership between him and Welbeck isn't quite right IMO. They're occupying similar spaces a lot of the times. And Welbeck isn't known for his unselfishness in front of goal. He maybe a hard worker but in the box he has his blinds on.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Nobody would have scored that from the position he was in. Initially I thought he could have taken it around the keeper, but with a burst ball he wouldn't have been able to do that and play probably would have been stopped anyway.

The only chance that he has missed so far was vs Stoke with a bad touch. If he is in a shooting position he 9/10 makes the correct choice.

The problem is that we are not creating for him. Lukaku has had over 20 shots for United. Lacazette barely receives the ball in a position to shoot and it's not due to his lack of movement. Our decision making as a team is of a very low standard.

Attacks break down or the shot is taken by the wrong person because of seriously bad decision making. Giroud could have squared for a tap in. Bellerin could have slipped Lacazette through 1 v1 with a simple pass but failed. Xhaka messed up multiple opportunities as did Kolasinac. On top of that you have Ramsey dwelling on the ball slowing attacks down and Özil being overly cautious with through balls. Only when Alexis is back and in form will we see Lacazette threaded through consistently, which is a sorry state of afairs considering that he is leaving and the next best person to do that is leaving also, with our 3rd option in Cazorla injured and our 4th in Wilshere out of favour. It seems Lacazette will be feeding off scraps.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Nobody would have scored that from the position he was in. Initially I thought he could have taken it around the keeper, but with a burst ball he wouldn't have been able to do that and play probably would have been stopped anyway.

The only chance that he has missed so far was vs Stoke with a bad touch. If he is in a shooting position he 9/10 makes the correct choice.

The problem is that we are not creating for him. Lukaku has had over 20 shots for United. Lacazette barely receives the ball in a position to shoot and it's not due to his lack of movement. Our decision making as a team is of a very low standard.

Attacks break down or the shot is taken by the wrong person because of seriously bad decision making. Giroud could have squared for a tap in. Bellerin could have slipped Lacazette through 1 v1 with a simple pass but failed. Xhaka messed up multiple opportunities as did Kolasinac. On top of that you have Ramsey dwelling on the ball slowing attacks down and Özil being overly cautious with through balls. Only when Alexis is back and in form will we see Lacazette threaded through consistently, which is a sorry state of afairs considering that he is leaving and the next best person to do that is leaving also, with our 3rd option in Cazorla injured and our 4th in Wilshere out of favour. It seems Lacazette will be feeding off scraps.

I'm quite disappointed with Xhaka. I've been watching Lacazette's movement quite a lot and he is constantly looking to get in behind when Xhaka is on the ball and he hasn't once made the pass. Wilshere is probably the only fit midfielder we currently have who will constantly look up and attempt to make those passes.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'm quite disappointed with Xhaka. I've been watching Lacazette's movement quite a lot and he is constantly looking to get in behind when Xhaka is on the ball and he hasn't once made the pass. Wilshere is probably the only fit midfielder we currently have who will constantly look up and attempt to make those passes.

That's so true. I watched the United game and they got in behind so many times from simple passes over the top. Xhaka definitely has the ability to do it. Is it by instruction or a confidence issue? That's the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom