• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette (Out)

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Have dembele being mentioned to go the other way anywhere. I'd think about that.

In the respect that we need a good winger I would consider it. But Barcelona likely won't yet.

Even if Dembele missed the 4-0 clear goal chance against Liverpool at home. The strike was something else.

avalonhse

This. People seem to fear we sell him cheap, or they just don't like him. Or have some kind of weird logic that selling him is best option now.

We won't because he has 3 years contract left. Rumours seem to get to fans heads easily, especially when Barcelona is mentioned.

Barcelona is always cheap on us, considering Fabregas, Titi and Hleb businesses. They always see us as a selling club and try to give us cheap offers.

It relates somehow to our attitude, like many said 70-80 mil for Laca is a no-brainer. Considering Barcelona bought Coutinho, someone offer similar stat to Laca at best, for double this price, no brainer I guess.

drippin

Barcelona is always cheap on us, considering Fabregas, Titi and Hleb businesses. They always see us as a selling club and try to give us cheap offers.

It relates somehow to our attitude, like many said 70-80 mil for Laca is a no-brainer. Considering Barcelona bought Coutinho, someone offer similar stat to Laca at best, for double this price, no brainer I guess.

No brainer for who? Barcelona getting cheapish proven all-round technical striker to replace Suarez at some point for many years?

Zaza

Sorry but would you rather sell Lacazette for 80m and start a rebuild. Or sell Mustafi, xhaka, Mikky, Chambers and Kolasinac got 80m and start a rebuild.

It’s so dumb to sell Lacazette, like I said, 4 steps forward and 10 steps back.
We have Aubamayeng who is doing Lacazette's main job - scoring goals.
We are not in the position to have 2 60m pound strikers when there are deficiencies to sort out.
Auba is banging in goals. Laca isn't. Sell Laca alongside other deadwoods and rebuild.
Let's stop acting like Laca is RVP or something. He's the best chance we have of raising major funds.

drippin

We have Aubamayeng who is doing Lacazette's main job - scoring goals.
We are not in the position to have 2 60m pound strikers when there are deficiencies to sort out.
Auba is banging in goals. Laca isn't. Sell Laca alongside other deadwoods and rebuild.
Let's stop acting like Laca is RVP or something. He's the best chance we have of raising major funds.

Who is acting like Laca is RVP? At least he not as injury prone, nor is Auba. Or a snake, at least yet, heh (I understand his decision though, it's a joke).

Without 4 penalty goals (which Laca is good at also, nice for us), Auba would be 18+5=23 in 2731 minutes in EPL.

Laca is 13+10=23 in 2502 minutes in EPL.

So let's not act like Auba is much better than Lacazette, please? We are "lucky" to have both.

We don't need or want to sell either. We have better funds available next summer. You can start fearing we lose them cheap if we don't get UCL this or next season.

Last edited:

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Wasnt he linked as a back up if Griezman doesn't move? Hardly like Barca are desperate to sign him.

drippin

Wasnt he linked as a back up if Griezman doesn't move? Hardly like Barca are desperate to sign him.

Yeah not yet as Suarez can still perform couple years I think.

This rumour is more likely to soften Lacazette to the idea to move to Barcelona for cheap later.

drippin

Do people understand Lacazette is also 2 years younger than Aubameyang? Not that either is too old for a few years I think.

Giroud12

100M pounds minimum. He’s probably not worth it in a vacuum but he is to us.

We can’t afford to lose him.

Considering Lukaku and Morata ( :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: ) went for 70-80 mill I´d say anything less than 100 for Laca is a terrible deal.

He´s closer to Couthinho at 160 than Morata at 80. Plus, as you say there´s no way we´re getting a better striker. First of all the ones that are better aren´t going anywhere (Suarez, Kane, Mbappe, Aguero) and secondly we don´t have the funds anyway.

Zaza

Who is acting like Laca is RVP? At least he not as injury prone, nor is Auba. Or a snake, at least yet, heh (I understand his decision though, it's a joke).

Without 4 penalty goals (which Laca is good at also, nice for us), Auba would be 18+5=23 in 2731 minutes in EPL.

Laca is 13+10=23 in 2502 minutes in EPL.

So let's not act like Auba is much better than Lacazette, please? We are "lucky" to have both.

We don't need or want to sell either. We have better funds available next summer. You can start fearing we lose them cheap if we don't get UCL this or next season.
Aubamayeng is a better goal scorer than Laca. This isn't up for debate.
We can replace Laca with a goal scoring wide player who creates more, is a better dribbler, etc.
We don't have the funds to keep both. We are not city. Having both in the starting 11 is not a long term option and makes us look unbalanced. Good for europa league level - but not ucl.
We don't have the midfield to sustain that. We don't have the funds to buy the necessary midfielders to sustain it.
Most big teams don't play with two strikers like Laca - Auba upfront.

Zaza

Uhhh, didn't he just score 3 massive goals in the 2 legs of the semi final. OK Auba got 4 but Laca's goals were a massive reason why we are now in the final too.

They have scored 50 goals for us this season after today with the final to come, you don't break up that kind of partnership.
I'd break it up if it means bringing balance to the team. We have limited funds. Sacrifices must be made unless Kroenke turns to peak Roman Abramovic overnight.

drippin

Aubamayeng is a better goal scorer than Laca. This isn't up for debate.
We can replace Laca with a goal scoring wide player who creates more, is a better dribbler, etc.
We don't have the funds to keep both. We are not city. Having both in the starting 11 is not a long term option and makes us look unbalanced. Good for europa league level - but not ucl.
We don't have the midfield to sustain that. We don't have the funds to buy the necessary midfielders to sustain it.
Most big teams don't play with two strikers like Laca - Auba upfront.

How do you know we don't have the funds when clearly we spent 71 million last year and now have new sponsorship deals & freeing wages? Selling dross and getting Chambers from loan (or like 20 million pounds) & good youth players.

Last edited:

drippin

I'd break it up if it means bringing balance to the team. We have limited funds. Sacrifices must be made unless Kroenke turns to peak Roman Abramovic overnight.

Sounds more like you're a Chelsea fan, sorry. Even if I understand Kroenke criticism. I chose Arsenal in part for it's great tradition (and Wenger & Henry for example) and not being "a money club". I'm from Finland, loving great football most.

And I say good luck for them keeping Hazard with transfer bans and him wanting new challenges anyway!

They got their top 4 by a blind linesman.

Last edited:

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
I'd rather keep him, but not too fussed either way.. If we sell, we have to be smart in how we replace him though and it has to be for a ridiculous fee.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I'd rather keep him, but not too fussed either way.. If we sell, we have to be smart in how we replace him though and it has to be for a ridiculous fee.

We need a winger anyway but we’d probably need another one if he goes.

Maybe another striker but they’re so expensive now that it’s almost not worth selling Laca. Maybe Martinelli and Nketiah could be decent reserve options but it’s a huge risk imo.

Zaha and Bale on loan with Nelson and the kids as bench options for me would be an upgrade.

Can try and get Rabiot on a free as well as a young left back like say Sessegnon and that’d be a quality summer for me.

Zaza

How do you know we don't have the funds when clearly we spent 71 million last year and now have new sponsorship deals & freeing wages? Selling dross and getting Chambers from loan (or like 20 million pounds) & good youth players.
Well people laughed off the likes of Ornstein when he said we had 70m. Now we're hearing they'll be 40m mill without ucl and 70 with it.
How are you going to compete when Everton is blowing 100m plus?

When you have two good players that have done well like Laca and Auba did this season and also that you want to play with one striker and two capable wide-forwards. You will have to put one of them on the wing, or have one on the bench and rotate, or try Lacazette in Özil role behind Auba. We can get away with putting one of the on the wing in some games, but we have seen now that sometimes it makes us lack balance.

My conclusion is that we can get away with rotating them for one season but eventually I think big characters like them, one will get annoyed of the situation and we will have to chose which one we will keep. You can see why we would be tempted if Barcelona come knocking with 80 M offer. But we need to be careful also, because last summer I read somewhere that they still owe us because of Fabregas and Song transfers, and still owe Liverpool because Suarez transfer.

Hexagon9

Apart from anything else I think it would send out an extremely negative message if we were to sell either this summer. Unless of course we were to get an incredible fee AND had a marquee signing ready to come in. Both would seem highly unlikely.......and a tent’s no use to us.

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom