• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette (Out)

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, basically. Problem is the club doesn't want to lose players for free anymore. Not to talk about the fans.

Wasn't there talk that players will get renewed when 2 years left or sold? And if he doesn't want to renew this or next year for some reason, he must be sold then?

Probably depends on the context, keeping a 29 year old Lacazette for the rest of his peak is probably more valuable to us than the transfer fee we’d collect.

If for example a younger player like Torreira or Guendouzi won’t renew two years out then obviously they should be getting sold.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Probably depends on the context, keeping a 29 year old Lacazette for the rest of his peak is probably more valuable to us than the transfer fee we’d collect.

If for example a younger player like Torreira or Guendouzi won’t renew two years out then obviously they should be getting sold.

I agree, those choices are not very easy.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
We should extend him, but he might not yet, which is understandable. He might with a release clause like Griezmann.
Release clauses are a law in Spanish football, everyone has one. That's why you hear of these crazy high release clauses in La Liga. The player basically hasn't cared about one so they set a super high clause.

In the case of Griezmann him signing a contract last season did Athletico a great help in terms of the money they can accumulate from his eventual transfer. So a term him and his agent may have asked for is that the buy out clause set to a realistic figure so that its a win win situation for both Griezmann and Athletico.

Athletico dont let a player run down his contract and therefore dont lose value on their asset, Griezmann still has a door to exit the club if a good offer is made.

drippin

Release clauses are a law in Spanish football, everyone has one. That's why you hear of these crazy high release clauses in La Liga. The player basically hasn't cared about one so they set a super high clause.

In the case of Griezmann him signing a contract last season did Athletico a great help in terms of the money they can accumulate from his eventual transfer. So a term him and his agent may have asked for is that the buy out clause set to a realistic figure so that its a win win situation for both Griezmann and Athletico.

Athletico dont let a player run down his contract and therefore dont lose value on their asset, Griezmann still has a door to exit the club if a good offer is made.

Are release clauses allowed in EPL? I meant that Lacazette might extend if he gets similar possibility to get out later if we are not in UCL for example.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

We actually did him the favour, reduced his buy out clause by about 70M last summer.

drippin

I assume you’re on about my post but in the hypothetical situation mentioned by @drippin when he’s two years away from his contract expiry is what I’m referring to.

According to Transfermarkt his contract expires 2022. So isn't it 2020 when he has 2 years left. That is next summer. He is then 28 years old, and 30 years old when his contract expires.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

According to Transfermarkt his contract expires 2022. So isn't it 2020 when he has 2 years left. That is next summer. He is then 28 years old, and 30 years old when his contract expires.

Well his birthday is 28th May, so if we’re really being pedantic it does technically expire when he’s 31 :lol:

drippin

Oh yeah he added on an extra year to 2023 but by lowering the clause we did help him get his move.

How do you see the transfer documentary or what was it? I haven't seen it, but wasn't that more than a bit weird when he now transfers to Barcelona anyway?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

How do you see the transfer documentary or what was it? I haven't seen it, but wasn't that more than a bit weird when he now transfers to Barcelona anyway?

I didn’t watch it until the end :lol: I thought for sure he was going.

Yeah he’s a unique guy, think he’s just obsessed with the NBA and wanted to be like Bron.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I just thought it all sounded embarassing so I didnt even watch it

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom