• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette (Out)

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Whose stock has dropped more the last year, Lacazette's or Lemar's? I reckon it's Lacazette. Lemar is younger, higher transfer fee (which often works as a benchmark), still shades of potential.

The market for strikers is rather awful, though.

On paper, Lemar does have a good profile. Could slot in for Özil as well as on the left. This would give us enough room to develop Saka (and even Martinelli), which is important to consider (especially if we want to go the 'Dortmund' route, which people on this forum espouse).

I do agree with @hydrofluoric acid that he doesn't seem to have that 'winners character'. I'm a strong advocate for signing technically astute players, but the fact is we're a weak team in terms of mentality, as well as athleticism. Clubs don't fear visiting our grounds.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
European Championships next year and Lemar will want to be in the plane. So will Lacazette. Expecting both to have better seasons next year.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
European Championships next year and Lemar will want to be in the plane. So will Lacazette. Expecting both to have better seasons next year.

Think at this point Alexandre knows he won’t be playing for France, not unless Deschamps leaves., he just doesn’t seem to like him for some reason.

Laca's stock was never higher than in 2016, was one of the most sought after strikers in Europe back then...Didier still called up his mate from the Mexican league instead of him :lol:

Last edited:

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Think at this point Laca knows he won’t be playing for France, not unless Deschamps leaves., he just doesn’t seem to like him for some reason.

His stock was never higher than in 2016, was one of the most sought after strikers in Europe back then...Didier still called up his mate from the Mexican league instead of him :lol:

You could we be right, but if he's smashing them in for us or Atletico Atletico he'll be hard to ignore. Mbappe and Griezmann are definites for the forward positions. If Giroud still has 2 legs and is breathing he'll be un the squad. After that I think Lacazette could beat off competition from the likes of Gameiro, M.Dembele and Martial.

Lemar has got a good chance of making the squad, but has stiff competition for a starting role.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Think at this point Alexandre knows he won’t be playing for France, not unless Deschamps leaves., he just doesn’t seem to like him for some reason.

Laca's stock was never higher than in 2016, was one of the most sought after strikers in Europe back then...Didier still called up his mate from the Mexican league instead of him :lol:

It’s obvious why Deschamps doesn’t like him, because he’s sh*t.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Yeah, I don't get why he picked Gignac. There plenty of French strikers that were better. The guy was playing in the Mexican league :lol:

You may be right. I think Dislikes Lacazette for some other reason than football

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Nah, Lukaku is quality, 1 goal every 2 games since he was a kid, at every level - Everton, Utd, Inter, Belgium, champions league etc.

For me a top striker, if not great. Lacazette has never done what Lukaku has. Lacazette is a Ligue 1 merchant at this point.
I’m not saying you are wildly wrong, just meant you’re clearly tryna ignite another @Oxeki debate with that one :lol:

Some of you guys go way too far on Lacazette. He scored 14 in 32 in his first season in the PL playing with an injury, and then last year he was our best or second best player. There was no doubt about that. 19 goals and 13 assists all comps is a good return, you’d think he’s Wesley the way you go about him. And remember that even though he didn’t bag enough away goals, he scored a lot of important ones (arguably more so than Auba).

Arsenal Quotes

I didnt score as many as I hoped, but it was nice that I always scored against Tottenham

Charlie Nicholas
Top Bottom