• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner006

Don't understand why people sleep on Lacazette. Might be because he isn't yet a mainstay in the France squad and Lyon haven't stuck in the Champions League, but his goal tally speaks for itself...

Goals in Europe's top five leagues over last four seasons:

1. Ronaldo (133) 2. Messi (128) 3. Suarez (111) 4. Zlatan (99) 5. Higuain (94) 6. Lewandowski (93) 7. Lacazette (87)

nick gould

Don't understand why people sleep on Lacazette. Might be because he isn't yet a mainstay in the France squad and Lyon haven't stuck in the Champions League, but his goal tally speaks for itself...

Goals in Europe's top five leagues over last four seasons:

1. Ronaldo (133) 2. Messi (128) 3. Suarez (111) 4. Zlatan (99) 5. Higuain (94) 6. Lewandowski (93) 7. Lacazette (87)
We should have signed him last season. His link up play is brilliant too.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Lacazette is a quality striker, but my main hesitation about him is that he doesn't pose much of an aerial threat. We don't have much height in our offense and that is problematic. Giroud is an average striker whose been able to play for us because he's our only striker who's good in the air.

It would be nice if we signed a new striker who was tall enough to win headers in the EPL.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Remeber a couple of years ago he scored a lot of goals, but none or very little against the top 5 in France.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
Remeber a couple of years ago he scored a lot of goals, but none or very little against the top 5 in France.

This is an issue for me as well and there has to be a big question mark over the overall standard of the league, didn't Zlatan get 40 goals last season?
I'm not saying he isn't good enough, I honestly don't know and for what he would cost (£60m?) we should know.
If you question the standard of the league then that leaves his record in Europe which isn't particularly great, Mpabbe on the other hand is already doing it in the Champions League.
You also have to wonder why no top club has stumped up for him and no French manager seems to fancy him, you wouldn't have thought they'd all be bad judges.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
if he's available we need him - pay what it takes - we need someone who knows where the net is
he was available last season their chairman blocked the move in current market you right we should just pay what they want 45-50M should make this deal done.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Is he better than Vardy? You say no.

People saying there are no strikers - yeah, no established type striker, but I think there are guys like that Schick who I can see us taking a chance on.

I would happily accept Lacazette if offered now also.

GDeep™

League is very weak
some people i just don't see looking right in an Arsenal shirt - in my considered opinion, and taking into account all of his stats and other technical data, he's too much of a s**thead to play for us :lol:

Yeah, you can't and don't want to see him in an Arsenal shirt, but I think it would've worked.

Ashybashy86

Going by his latest comments, I don't think he'll want us. I think he would've been a good fit. Would like Fekir too, but no links.

trippyhippy

wenger said recently that the fans had taken champions league qualification for granted but it seems as though it was him who had taken it for granted. he could have signed lacazette when we had champs league but now it looks as though we wont be able to sign him. will be the same for some of the other first choice targets.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
wenger said recently that the fans had taken champions league qualification for granted but it seems as though it was him who had taken it for granted. he could have signed lacazette when we had champs league but now it looks as though we wont be able to sign him. will be the same for some of the other first choice targets.

To be honest, our transfer activity has been so poor with Champions League. There have even been occasions where we didn't do our business till we had secured qualification. Having a bit of clarity of the situation may not be a bad thing.

The problem is I don't trust Wenger to bring in the right players. No Champions League means bidding over the odds for players, which we are reluctant to do anyway.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

What players say and what players do is greatly effected by money. Who would have thought that Ibrahimović would join a non CL club. Chelsea didn't have a mass exodus last summer just because they weren't in CL. Sure CL is important but its not the deciding factor for most players & their agents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom