• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
The lastest rumour on twitter is that Remy is joining Lyon - hopefully it's a start of domino effect that results in us signing Lacazette.

Lancelot

Established Member
The lastest rumour on twitter is that Remy is joining Lyon - hopefully it's a start of domino effect that results in us signing Lacazette.
Very interesting development but I'm a little worried that he might be part of a bigger deal between Lyon and Chelsea if Conte has turned his attention away from Lukaku and decides to go for Lacazette instead.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Probably the best, most attainable striker we can hope for. The money we've saved is getting weaker every year so might as well put it to good use.

We're never going to interest the top strikers when they can pick whoever they want to play for right now. We also don't seem interest in talents that look like to go develop into great strikers (Barbosa). So what are we waiting for?

olyon9

.The situation have absolutely not changed. Unless a crazy offer(superior 60 millions euros) Lacazette will not move. Say that Arsenal is not the kind of club to make that kind of offer is an euphemism and clubs that can do this kind of offer don't need Lacazette right now especially at that premium price. So Lacazette will stay and like you can see if you read ALL his declarations yesterday he will stay happily if that crazy offer don't come:
''I want to beat all my records this season, this could allow me to reach the 100 goals in Ligue 1 with OL , that is my goal of the year"
''The transfer window ? I am always happy to be here . Everything is going well in the group, with the coach.''
- I will add the latest delaclaration of Aulas about a PSG offer that really happen
" Their offer did not correspond to the market. About Alexandre he have at least a year at home. . The day the Real , Barca or Manchester United will come to see us, it will be different ."

Last edited:

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Probably the best, most attainable striker we can hope for. The money we've saved is getting weaker every year so might as well put it to good use.

We're never going to interest the top strikers when they can pick whoever they want to play for right now. We also don't seem interest in talents that look like to go develop into great strikers (Barbosa). So what are we waiting for?

Aint that the truth!

How ironic that Wenger is so concerned with penny pinching but in reality the best way to guard the finances in this current market is to invest in stock, inevitably the prices may burst in the future but for now, buying Higuain for example would have left us doubling our money (if making money was the objective).

Its f*cking asinine, that there is a striker available that would improve us and Im not buying the "not the right quality" bs, and we go in with an insultingly low offer and seem to be dithering on price.

Laca didnt go to the euros, ffs as soon as Vardy rejected us (and its likely the club knew he would much earlier than we found out) we should've ponied up the cash before the fking referendum (granted nobody knew the pound would plummet like bird sh*t).

£40-45 million early, done, settled in.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Football is a growing market. The popularity of the game will not decrease anytime soon, especially not with emergent markets like Asia and the Middle East, not to mention US, paying big money for the rights.

Money will keep flooding in from TV/streaming rights, inflation will continue, and the value of players will continue to rise much faster than any interest rate we can collect on our money in the bank. Consequently, the value of the money will decrease.

The smart investment would be in players, the only rising asset available for both the value of Arsenal as a global brand, as well as ROI.

This has been the indisputable case for the past 10 years, btw. it's one of the rational that made building a new stadium for the future such a good move.

Last edited:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

.The situation have absolutely not changed. Unless a crazy offer(superior 60 millions euros) Lacazette will not move. Say that Arsenal is not the kind of club to make that kind of offer is an euphemism and clubs that can do this kind of offer don't need Lacazette right now especially at that premium price. So Lacazette will stay and like you can see if you read ALL his declarations yesterday he will stay happily if that crazy offer don't come:
''I want to beat all my records this season, this could allow me to reach the 100 goals in Ligue 1 with OL , that is my goal of the year"
''The transfer window ? I am always happy to be here . Everything is going well in the group, with the coach.''
- I will add the latest delaclaration of Aulas about a PSG offer that really happen
" Their offer did not correspond to the market. About Alexandre he have at least a year at home. . The day the Real , Barca or Manchester United will come to see us, it will be different ."

Can you not be realistic please. This is pretty much our last transfer thread :lol:

MiiTek

LACAZETTE WON'T REFUSE OFFERS

Arsenal target Alexandre Lacazette has hinted he would be happy to move away from Ligue 1 side Lyon provided the offer is right.

"If offers come in that one cannot refuse, I don’t want to refuse them. If not, I am happy at Lyon," Lacazette told CANAL+.

"But I am at Lyon. I was in the mood today and I scored three goals.

"If I have any offers? Ask the president. And if he is satisfied that I will stay, I will stay."

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
Just out of interest are all of our fans on other team's transfer forums telling them they aren't signing the player in question (as if we didn't know anyway) or it is just here?

Actually thinking about we would be begging them to take the majority of them.
Don't suppose Theo has been linked with anyone ? :(

Lollipoppins

AM's Chef de Cuisine
So how does a transfer request work in lieu of a release clause? Like in Mahrez's case, a club simply can't activate it to trigger talks etc. if it doesn't exist...yet. But with Lacazette is there one? Or doesn't he? And why doesn't he just hand in a request/or can't he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom