• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Claude-Maurice

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Seems a hell of a lot of money for a kid from the French 2nd division, but it is worth noting that this is where Mahrez, Kante and Koscielny came from.

We also paid 15m eventually for Ox, who was playing in England's third tier. Suppose we can use the Bennacer money plus anything for Akano and this is a clear upgrade.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Not sure i'm happy about this.

We have Nelson, Saka, Amaechi and Smith Rowe, but we want to pay 20m for a French Youngster?

Pretty sure, that they would have similar numbers in this age in this league.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

We have Nelson, Saka, Amaechi and Smith Rowe, but we want to pay 20m for a French Youngster?

Our wings are ****. It could be Nelson on the right and Claude-Maurice on the left.

You can never have too many good youngsters, especially for a club like ours who needs to start making big money from selling players.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Saka and Amaechi need to prove themselves in top level league first or a league below before we can consider them ready Nelson did great and he deserve to be in team next season ESR i think 50/50 with him i feel he'll go on loan.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Saka and Amaechi need to prove themselves in top level league first or a league below before we can consider them ready Nelson did great and he deserve to be in team next season ESR i think 50/50 with him i feel he'll go on loan.

and what's the difference between Alexis and Saka?
Sorry, but League 2 in France and PL is such a huge difference.

Not sure why our youngsters should stay here, when we are already buying similar talents from other leagues to play them ahead of them.

Even last season they haven't got games, next season it will be even less (Maurice, Winger (Fraser, Carrasco etc.). At least Nelson will get games i hope.

It was the same with Matteo and Willock this season. Matteo got so many games and Willock nearly none.
They will always play the youngstes who have cost a lot of money.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐

Not sure why our youngsters should stay here, when we are already buying similar talents from other leagues to play them ahead of them.

Even last season they haven't got games, next season it will be even less (Maurice, Winger (Fraser, Carrasco etc.). At least Nelson will get games i hope.

It was the same with Matteo and Willock this season. Matteo got so many games and Willock nearly none.
Guendouzi Kosh Mahrez and Kante all came from Ligue 2 Saka and Amaechi only preformed in reserves level Akpom was killing at reserves level but he was awful where ever he go Afobe and many others.

field442

Trusted ⭐

I wouldn’t be so sure they sign another winger if they sign Alexis Claude-Maurice. I could only see that happening if they sell Iwobi or Mkhitaryan.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I see what @NieThePiet is saying but Ligue 2 is still a higher level than anything Saka, Ameachi and ESR have performed at.

Even Nelson, couldn’t get in the Hoff team.

For me, I would loan out ESR and Nelson again, give minutes and cup games to Saka and Ameachi. Sign Maurice to displace Iwobi.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Debatable if Nelson even makes it here, looks a good talent but not someone you say “yeah this kids a star”.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
I wouldn’t be so sure they sign another winger if they sign Alexis Claude-Maurice. I could only see that happening if they sell Iwobi or Mkhitaryan.
We are going to sign another winger we'll get either of Fraser or Carrasco both Mkhi and Iwobi failed. next season we'll go with Carrasco/Fraser Alexis Nelson And iwobi that's my prediction.

field442

Trusted ⭐
We are going to sign another winger we'll get either of Fraser or Carrasco both Mkhi and Iwobi failed. next season we'll go with Carrasco/Fraser Alexis Nelson And iwobi that's my prediction.

Well I did say if Mkhitaryan is sold. If he isn’t sold we’re not going to start the season with Carrasco/Fraser, Mkhitaryan, Iwobi, Alexis and Nelson. Let’s not forget Martinelli as well. With him and Alexis that’s £24m spent on wingers. I don’t see them spending another £20m on a winger without selling someone.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Well I did say if Mkhitaryan is sold. If he isn’t sold we’re not going to start the season with Carrasco/Fraser, Mkhitaryan, Iwobi, Alexis and Nelson. Let’s not forget Martinelli as well. With him and Alexis that’s £24m spent on wingers. I don’t see them spending another £20m on a winger without selling someone.
Martinelli will be with first team he is just 17 years old i don't think he'll play part with first team yet.

Ganduzi

Heres' a little write-up I saw about him posted today that I came across on the arsenal reddit for anyone interested. Seems very promising if we are to believe this guys analysis.

I've been watching a lot of Claude Maurice since his rumours came out, not just his highlights but as many full games as I could find online.

He’s a right footed goal scoring LW who is pretty competent with his left foot. Scoring 14 and assisting 4 in 35 appearances. Although mainly played on the left, he has played 10.

First thing you notice is how skilful he is. You get that samba style football vibe when he’s on the ball. Far from a one trick pony, he can dribble past players quite easily with his unpredictable skillset and quick feet. Despite his small physique he is very brave, noticeably eager to take on players anywhere on the pitch and is quite difficult to dispossess.

For such a young player he doesn’t shy away from using his weaker foot. When he can’t cut inside he has no problem crossing with his left or even shoot across goal with a low driven shot. He also possesses that “open up the body curling round the keeper” shot that Henry, Anelka and Mbappe have/had. Which makes sense since they all came from Clairefontaine. Not only that, almost half his goals have been outside the box, unlike a lot of young forwards, he has shown he can score all types of goals. Although he doesn’t appear to have a favourite type of shot, he does consistently aim for corners with power.

Not an out an out winger, more of an inside forward occupying the half space and playing on the half turn, leaving defenders for dead in tight spaces with a quick turn and acceleration or a good touch to create space. Often given a free roam role Claude Maurice also finds himself in a SS position, forming great link up play with the striker. A thing to take note is that he drifts inside a lot so the DM and LB have to stay disciplined and cover. A small price to pay for the reward tho.

His desire to take the game by the scruff of the neck is apparent, always wanting to get on the ball, taking on players and making things happen. Something Arsenal lack right now.

Lethal, dynamic and a great counter attacking player. Claude Maurice is a very promising modern winger who has the tools to become world class. Unlike a lot of young attackers, he doesn’t have a major flaw in his game. He can score, create and press well. Of course this is all in Ligue 2 so only time will tel if he can up his game in a better league.

Impact

Established Member
Debatable if Nelson even makes it here, looks a good talent but not someone you say “yeah this kids a star”.

I actually think the opposite. He's the one player from our current post 18 Academy crop that I look at and think that's a bonafide star.

---

Also, the level of the Premier League isn't as high as people are making out. An average talent like Ryan Fraser ended up on with 14 PL assists this year. The challenge of the Premier League is the physicality it requires and provided Claude-Maurice has the basic tools, our fitness team should do the rest. The level of the elite PL teams (Man City, L'pool and Sp**s) to the rest of the league is where there is a huge gap and quite frankly, we aren't competing at the level currently and require a substantial rebuild to do so. It'll take 2-3 years and by then Claude-Maurice could be playing a big role here.

Last edited:

Arsenal Quotes

What is unbelievable is that I am in a position where people reproach me for making a profit. The people who lose money – nobody says a word.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom