• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez: Off to the Old Toilet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

His attitude has annoyed me for a while now, I get wanting to win but his attitude is so individualistic he has tunnel vision can only see the world that is around him.

I'll certainly not cry WHEN he leaves.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
I think that was coming, his reactions on the pitch and especially when getting substituted have become increasingly worse by every week this season.

I think it's possible that he's long decided to leave us, and as the season is coming to an end, he doesn't care to hold back anymore.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

He's 100% gone. Alexis is a winner, there's only so much under performance you can take when you have that win at all costs attitude. I have been in a few workplaces where I've been the one busting a gut to get **** done whilst others in the team are on cruise control. It gets infuriating and after a while it affects your attitude.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
From the same article:
Meanwhile, Mirror Sport understands Wenger has now agreed terms on a new two-year contract to stay at Arsenal - but has not signed it.

He is believed to have had further discussions on his future and the contract has been drawn up, but the Frenchman is acutely aware of the fans’ frustrations and has yet to make a definitive decision on his future.

Sources close to Wenger believe it is “50-50” as to whether he stays or goes, with the board weighing up potential replacements in case the 67-year-old walks this summer when his current deal expires.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think that was coming, his reactions on the pitch and especially when getting substituted have become increasingly worse by every week this season.

I think it's possible that he's long decided to leave us, and as the season is coming to an end, he doesn't care to hold back anymore.
he only get subbed when we are winning with at least 2 goals and with 10-15 minutes to go there is nothing wrong with that at all.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
He's 100% gone. Alexis is a winner, there's only so much under performance you can take when you have that win at all costs attitude. I have been in a few workplaces where I've been the one busting a gut to get **** done whilst others in the team are on cruise control. It gets infuriating and after a while it affects your attitude.

Fair enough, BUT if you already know that you'll leave pretty damn soon anyway, you're lacking both respect and professionalsim towards your employer if you behave like that.

Only three months to go until both this season and his Arsenal career are over, he might just continue being awesome on the pitch, increase his transfer value and then piss off to the club he likes.
All that without making a fuss, as you'd expect from someone who's earning more money per week, than most humans are in ten years combined.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
His attitude sharply deteriorated when he was obvious that we lacked any hope. Before he'd at least encourage players and acknowledge good attempts/ passes.

His reactions are really no difference to the comments you read on here everyday. I can't blame him for finally snapping and not putting up with some of the **** our manger/players serve.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐

Throwing tantrums public as well as private =/= a winning attitude. It's petulance. There are ways to go about motivating your colleagues and showing your frustration, acting like a brat is not one of them.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I understand that when you doing everything while the others are not giving 100% but he should keep his mouth shut and keep working he is a pro not a teenager.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I understand that when you doing everything while the others are not giving 100% but he should keep his mouth shut and keep working he is a pro not a teenager.

I agree that he shouldn't be petulant about it but I think he has every right to start questioning his teammates attitudes if warranted, so long as its in a constructive manner and not disrespectful.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Throwing tantrums public as well as private =/= a winning attitude. It's petulance. There are ways to go about motivating your colleagues and showing your frustration, acting like a brat is not one of them.

I agree - just trying to paint the picture from AS side of the fence.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
He must be infuriating to manage.

Just yesterday the first thing he does off the bench is encourage individuals to press with him. Its clear as day that was not the teams instructions (if you want it to be or not).

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Alexis is the only one on the team with some ****ing balls. If Wenger complains about his "attitude" he needs to have a serious look in the mirror himself. I fully understand that Sanchez is ****ed off with his team mates. Imagine being him, playing with guys like Walcott and Özil. Alexis has more heart and steel in him than the rest of our team combined. He's a warrior. Anyone who questions him should have a look at the documentary about him and the town he came from. This is a guy who will fight you to the death. I have nothing but respect for him. I'd take him over any of our other players. Any day and time!

To question him or wanting him to leave is beyond me. How many times since he came here has he been the one guy we felt gave it all in a game while many other just cruised. I really admire that little man. A real ****ing fighter! Something we have way too few of.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Some attitudes are ****ing miles off. Sanchez shows the qualities we want out of our players. Petulant, selfish, etc. I mean, **** off kindly.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
The only time I think Alexis goes over the top is when the game is beyond doubt. Getting angry about being subbed off with 10 minutes left 4-0 up at Swansea, or swearing at Ox when he doesn't pass it to him with a 2-0 lead and 1 minute left against Palace.

Other instances he gets justifiably angry and a lot of his gesticulations are no different to other players, but there seems to be more focus on his body language.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom