• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

All or Nothing - Mikel Arteta ( and Arsenal ) - Amazon Prime

Which one?

• All

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Nothing

Votes: 47 81.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Pepe, bless him, seems to basically only speak to Laca, and is either struggling with language still, extremely shy or checked out mentally some time ago, because he seems so much on the fringes of all the interaction, whether dressing room or elsewhere. There were a couple of post match dressing room clips and win or lose he looks like a lost tourist trying to find a ticket machine rather than part of the squad. I know he had trouble integrating in season one, and don't blame him at all for feeling on the outside of things late last season, but I think he must be shy or something because the guy is like a ghost in every bit of video. Makes me feel sorry for him.
yeah this was so sad to watch. Even after a win, when everyone's celebrating, he was looking lost. He just never looked settled. I guess language is definitely an issue. He has never been comfortable in English.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Would include White in 'stock rising' too - comes across really well, people raving about his training, his potential and leadership - one of the few willing to chime in when Arteta tries to do teaching moments. Big Mo also comes across well - knows exactly what his role is but is always generous with his energy to others, really part of the 'team'.

Pepe, bless him, seems to basically only speak to Laca, and is either struggling with language still, extremely shy or checked out mentally some time ago, because he seems so much on the fringes of all the interaction, whether dressing room or elsewhere. There were a couple of post match dressing room clips and win or lose he looks like a lost tourist trying to find a ticket machine rather than part of the squad. I know he had trouble integrating in season one, and don't blame him at all for feeling on the outside of things late last season, but I think he must be shy or something because the guy is like a ghost in every bit of video. Makes me feel sorry for him.

Typically you can't make a post without saying something about Pepe not sure what your problem is with the guy.

The guys a failure, he doesn't speak english and the club is intentionally hiding him but you can't help but point it out every 5 minutes pretending to be concerned and sad.

Me knowing your prior commentary people might buy into your bullshit but I don't.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Came out of this with a bit more appreciation for Arteta though, don't get the hate.
You can see where he's still learning though. Its like he is spot on about what the players need when he is talking to the cameras or his staff, but isn't the best at achieving that when talking to the whole room. Get the impression he's a brilliant one on one coach, is great at prepping for games, but isn't quite confident with team talks etc and sometimes says things that don't help. Funny how often the bell calling them to the tunnel interrupts him.

Would be amazing to see a comparison with previous Arsenal managers. I guess Arsène would be the king of good vibes and the power of like 2 sentences. Emery would be wonderfully sincere but at times utterly incomprehensible, and George Graham would alternate between reassuring confidence and terrifying fury!

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Bit disappointed with the series. This was really 90% about Arteta team talks. Would have been nice to see more focus on the players and also the questionable tactics.

I remember the Sp**s' one they spent quite some time with guys like Danny Rose, Ndombele or even Alli with 1 to 1 talk with the coach (rather than random coaching staff dudes) etc...

Also for every loss the blame is put on the players. No mention of Mikel's errors, letting players go in January, relying on Cedric and Nuno, playing Xhaka as left back, no explanation from Auba etc...

Bit of propaganda to say the least.

I think they purposefully omitted 99% of tactical discussions in this show, so every pre and post match team talk seems like a passion merchant g up or bollocking of the players. Think it was confirmed for the Sp**s one that Mourinho had refused Amazon access to the tactical side. Would take this whole aspect of the show with a pinch of salt.

Haven't watched the last 2 eps but agree with you re the lack of individual interaction between Arteta and the players. All in all its quite an average watch.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
I think they purposefully omitted 99% of tactical discussions in this show, so every pre and post match team talk seems like a passion merchant g up or bollocking of the players. Think it was confirmed for the Sp**s one that Mourinho had refused Amazon access to the tactical side. Would take this whole aspect of the show with a pinch of salt.

Haven't watched the last 2 eps but agree with you re the lack of individual interaction between Arteta and the players. All in all its quite an average watch.

Whilst they did omit a lot of the tactical stuff, the tactical preparation is usually prepared the day before the game.
Whilst there are tactical reminders and changes based on the opposing line up, the team talk right before the game (less than 10 minutes before kick off) and during half time is usually all about emotion, and I imagine that’s how it is at most clubs.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Whilst they did omit a lot of the tactical stuff, the tactical preparation is usually prepared the day before the game.
Whilst there are tactical reminders and changes based on the opposing line up, the team talk right before the game (less than 10 minutes before kick off) and during half time is usually all about emotion, and I imagine that’s how it is at most clubs.

Yeah, think they mentioned as well that they do a longer team talk an hour before the game to probably reinforce the tactics, then a brief team talk before the game to hype the players up.

Get why they omitted the tactical stuff but would have been really interesting to see some of it.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Guys they were never going to show the tactics get over it.

It didn't have to be all about Mikel though, the best bits were mostly the players. Anything with Saka, Eddie's bars when he and Sambi both bench players talking about not playing.. The humanisation of Xhaka..

Could have definitely used way more of that, but just like irl it's the Arteta show. With all the narratives and PR in his favour he only comes across as ok which confirms a lot of the feelings I had about him.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Yeah, think they mentioned as well that they do a longer team talk an hour before the game to probably reinforce the tactics, then a brief team talk before the game to hype the players up.

Get why they omitted the tactical stuff but would have been really interesting to see some of it.
Did you see the part where Arteta was very hurriedly moving pieces on the tactical board? Either Palace or Brighton at half time can’t remember.
I was like… how are the players going to understand any of that? Particularly those that don’t speak good English.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

As one of the biggest followers and supporters of Mikel Arteta this show was crap. He bullied Nuno when he should be bullying that geek Holding.

Anyway, it's not ruined my sheer excitement for the season ahead. I can't wait for it.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Arteta assuming Saka is from South London though I am screaming

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Did you see the part where Arteta was very hurriedly moving pieces on the tactical board? Either Palace or Brighton at half time can’t remember.
I was like… how are the players going to understand any of that? Particularly those that don’t speak good English.

Yeah, but suppose they're in a time pressured environment and he needs to get a lot of information across. You'd probably these guys think about tactics/the game evey day so would maybe be more able to take on board information like that. Dunno though, I'm speculating.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
My initial thoughts on the show are that it was respectable showing.

I really like the presentation overall, for the level it was pitched at. Namely, not too technical, more for casual watchers like our family members who dont follow the game at the level we do.

I really liked Xhaka throughout the show, and in addition to his improved contributions on the field, did he really come across well behind the scenes. Of course there is the element of the cameras, but what makes me believe this is the real Xhaka is how he behaved and continues to behave on the pitch. You can see he is our leader.

Our boys are a team now, but they are still young too. Its important that we continue to add to this group and keep them together. Yes it could be all for the cameras, but I believe there is something there.

Arteta came across looking good as well. Yes, the show is focused on him for large parts (a bit less in the last two episodes IMO), but I think he recognises his limitations and is working on them, in addition to building his experience as a coach. But the good foundations are there and Im happy that he continues with us.

I also liked the fact that we didnt run away from the Sp**s performance. We showed our loss in detail and that was good IMO. What the series does excellently beyond that game is show that it was us who lost fourth, not Sp**s who had some Conte magic to overtake us. Credit goes to Antonio of course... but it was US, at Newcastle who threw it away.

A bit of a mouthful, Im sure some more will come as more sees the end of the show.

A little more than @fabo would rate, I'd say a 7/10 series.
Totally, and literally every interview with any of the squad that touches on the subject - they all say he's the leader.
What really stood out for me is that except after the odd bad defeat or his card is that he is SUPER aware of the group and looking out for his teammates. Auba was all good vibes but was headphones and music. Laca was struggling with confidence in his own game, and prone to being lost in his thoughts, though was great at celebrating others success and trying to help certain teammates. But Xhaka is scanning the whole room to check on everyone, regularly dropping little bits of encouragement, trying to lead tactical discussions at half-time before Arteta gets there, and joking with the younger players. As is often on the pitch (and sometimes to a fault), he is trying to put the good of the whole team first. He has is flaws, but he certainly embodies certain qualities of leadership very well.
:applause:

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
As one of the biggest followers and supporters of Mikel Arteta this show was crap. He bullied Nuno when he should be bullying that geek Holding.

Anyway, it's not ruined my sheer excitement for the season ahead. I can't wait for it.

He shouldn’t bully anyone, this is real life not AM una

Finished poster

lomekian

Essays are my thing
It's very hard to gauge but from this they all seemed like school children apart from maybe Ramsdale and Xhaka who always seemed to have a lot to say, the rest seemed to keep quiet and wait for the manager to say something. That's just what it appeared like to me, now in fairness I kinda had this opinion prior to the documentary so that may skew how I view things. Even guys like Laca were a lot quieter than I thought they'd be.

I'm not saying any of this is bad, but I bet if you did a documentary around 2001-2005 of or team the atmosphere and personalities would be a lot different.
That team would have been amazing to see. Most of them incredibly strong personalities, and even relatively quieter ones like Freddie, Bobby or Lauren still have plenty to say. Bet a fair amount of it wouldn't be broadcastable!

D

Deleted member 102404

Forget the Sp**s game - the ref cheated. The team knew it too.
The gut punch was the Toon game. Inexplicable performance and it was captured well in the documentary.
I suspect the younger players just couldn’t handle the pressure of the situation. I hope and expect the experience will be good for them.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

He's from West isn't he?

Explains why he's a bit soft.

Yeah he's from West, and them man are known for being funny man.

Luckily Saka got into football early and wasn't too effected.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal are the most beautiful club in England. At Man City and Chelsea, they will never have that class and style.

Marco van Basten
Top Bottom