• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

All or Nothing - Mikel Arteta ( and Arsenal ) - Amazon Prime

Which one?

• All

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Nothing

Votes: 47 81.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lomekian

Essays are my thing
A lot of subtle bullying going on by Arteta. The boys reminded me of very quiet kids in a family with a domineering father. Can totally see now why certain players were given away to get rid of them. It all makes sense. Would love to see Arteta trying to manage Roy Keane or Tony Adams. Lol.
He'd love it. Self motivated leaders who can get their teammates to run through walls with them as well as being tactically on the money. Unless there is a big bust up, players like them make the manager's job easy.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Subtle?

Untitled.jpg

Yeah I was naively hoping this doc would help put me under Arteta's spell. It's really difficult to enjoy things when you're just not a fan of Arteta purely because of how central he is. Just intensified my dislike for him unfortunately, with what was said and more importantly what was not said.

I found it interesting how it's largely portrayed as the players fault with no focus on mistakes Arteta made last season, January transfer window - and yet the players got no screen time, so which is it?

The bright side is I am absolutely in love with Saka now. I always rated him as a player, but I just saw him as a good boy/robot. He's genuinely someone you can be proud of and gladly associate with the club.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
The doc was clearly directed to have absolute focus on Arteta and the PR that went along with it the whole of last season.

It is pretty indicative that there is no mention at the failure to make signings on January to replace Auba's goals (as fans rightfully asked on the doc too) which was then highlighted at "a single goal in April" and also how the tactical mess in those 3 straight losses was ignored, as we had Laca firing blanks and Lokonga completely exposed.

After the Newcastle loss they quickly switched the tune and showed it as a success still with Vinai and Wrighty claiming that to go from 8-th twice to 5th is still a success.
Which it could be if you decide to close your eyes at what just happened and ignore the context on how you ended in 5th.

D

Deleted member 102404

A lot of subtle bullying going on by Arteta. The boys reminded me of very quiet kids in a family with a domineering father. Can totally see now why certain players were given away to get rid of them. It all makes sense. Would love to see Arteta trying to manage Roy Keane or Tony Adams. Lol.
It’s a professional football club.
I see a simple message of shape up or ship out. This is an elite level sport, not some holiday camp where all the kids get a participation trophy.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It’s a professional football club.
I see a simple message of shape up or ship out. This is an elite level sport, not some holiday camp where all the kids get a participation trophy.
Yeah for real. Sport is a true meritocracy. To be honest Arteta seems to get way more pissed with players not following his instructions

He even said he's not going to change the way he wants us to play in the 7th or 8th episode. His way or the highway which is fair enough

Then he can have no complaints of it doesn't work out and gets the boot

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Funny, that's where my relatives live, agree it looked almost rural in parts.

Not like some of the 3rd world parts in East where @Jury dwells living off of raccoon carrions and other roadkill.
You ****house. That would’ve made sense if it was 1985. Not that I was eating roadkill in 1985 but where I live wasn’t nice. ****ing raccoons in East London? 😭

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Yeah I was naively hoping this doc would help put me under Arteta's spell. It's really difficult to enjoy things when you're just not a fan of Arteta purely because of how central he is. Just intensified my dislike for him unfortunately, with what was said and more importantly what was not said.

I found it interesting how it's largely portrayed as the players fault with no focus on mistakes Arteta made last season, January transfer window - and yet the players got no screen time, so which is it?

The bright side is I am absolutely in love with Saka now. I always rated him as a player, but I just saw him as a good boy/robot. He's genuinely someone you can be proud of and gladly associate with the club.

One thing I like about your posting, is that its so honest. You state your approach first and then you give your opinion.

And I think that's spot on. You can take almost every single post in this thread, of the series, and first get the poster's view on Arteta. Whether the poster likes or dislikes Arteta.

Once you have established that, the theme of the posting will follow suit. If I love Arteta, its a good series, we look good and the future is bright. If I hate Arteta, then he is cringey, out of his depth, boring, cant handle big players, etc.

Not a critique of any side from me. You SHOULD have an independent view of the club and how its being run, whehter positive or negative. All valid.

Last edited:

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Once you have established that, the theme of the posting will follow suit. If I love Arteta, its a good series, we look good and the future is bright. If I dont like Arteta, then he is cringey, out of his depth, boring, cant handle big players, etc.

Just to be clear, I do think the club overall is heading in a positive direction. Things are far from a disaster my views were almost strictly about the doc. Appreciate your words anyways.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
One thing I like about your posting, is that its so honest. You state your approach first and then you give your opinion.

And I think that's spot on. You can take almost every single post in this thread, of the series, and first get the poster's view on Arteta. Whether the poster likes or dislikes Arteta.

Once you have established that, the theme of the posting will follow suit. If I love Arteta, its a good series, we look good and the future is bright. If I dont like Arteta, then he is cringey, out of his depth, boring, cant handle big players, etc.

Not a critique of any side from me. You SHOULD have an independent view of the club and how its being run.
Largely agree, but also influenced by what you think of other major figures.

I'm vaguely pro-Arteta, but more pro Edu, as the club has stopped doing as much stupid **** (still some).
I'm enjoying the show, but then I would probably enjoy it regardless of the angle because I like most of the current players, and the most recently departed, even if I don't rate them all.

2 years ago, this would have been a harder watch for me.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Largely agree, but also influenced by what you think of other major figures.

I'm vaguely pro-Arteta, but more pro Edu, as the club has stopped doing as much stupid **** (still some).
I'm enjoying the show, but then I would probably enjoy it regardless of the angle because I like most of the current players, and the most recently departed, even if I don't rate them all.

2 years ago, this would have been a harder watch for me.

I think the beauty of our journey is that there have been swayed views. It happened to me, I was one of Arteta's biggest critics here, I couldnt understand why the club were doing so much for someone out of his depth.

This is the season which will answer all questions though. There will come a time when the direction we've taken will clearly be a success or a failure. Then the real ones will step up and the ones who are hardened with their agenda will burn.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
I think the beauty of our journey is that there have been swayed views. It happened to me, I was one of Arteta's biggest critics here, I couldnt understand why the club were doing so much for someone out of his depth.

This is the season which will answer all questions though. There will come a time when the direction we've taken will clearly be a success or a failure. Then the real ones will step up and the ones who are hardened with their agenda will burn.
Damn straight. Unless we are cursed with bad injury luck or Sp**s AND Chelsea blow the doors off, no top 4 (or Europa win) this year would be failure given the investment, and Mikel's chair will get very toasty indeed

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Dunno mate. I think we always romanticise the past. I think if managers from the Adam’s and Roy Keane era tried pulling off now what they did back then they’d be arrested. Or at the very least “cancelled”. I imagine there was nothing subtle about the way they went about things. Of course Keane and Adam’s generation also had respect for hierarchy etc which is why the managers could behave the way they did. These days everyone’s just an entitled tw@. I refuse to hire graduates after the last one wrote a complaint because I asked him to get me a coffee. Little prick.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Feel you're reading way too much into the Amazon edit for the dressing room. No way they are all this quiet, no way Ødegaard won the armband just being mute, Xhaka is the leader but no way he's the only one that speaks. For me the edit was to highlight Arteta first and foremost, as the title of this thread nicely puts it

Arteta in or not that's part of what makes the series not a great watch, the most we get from Arteta is the kind of talk any self help crook could give you. That's hardly interesting insight into what makes this club tick.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

I think it really boils down to your own personality what you think of Arteta‘s rants in this series.
“Shut your mouth and eat it,". "Today is unacceptable. Don't worry, I will face the people. Today is hard to defend you guys. Hard."

If you’re a ranter and pretty intense yourself then you’ll probably think that’s superb and giving the lads the kick up the arse they need.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

I think it really boils down to your own personality what you think of Arteta‘s rants in this series.
“Shut your mouth and eat it,". "Today is unacceptable. Don't worry, I will face the people. Today is hard to defend you guys. Hard."

If you’re a ranter and pretty intense yourself then you’ll probably think that’s superb and giving the lads the kick up the arse they need.

Yeah he will never be for me ngl :lol:

Never has been 100% about the football with me anyways. I could overlook some things if you're world class, which he's not so..

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom