• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Álvaro Morata

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
In the past three years on AM I've been told we should avoid these because;

Suarez - Attituide/Mentality
Higuian - Bottler/ Not good enough
PEA - Not good enough
Benzema - 'Ronaldo's *****/Not good enough

Between them these four players have more than 160 goals. I tend not to listen any more when I'm told someone isn't good enough...

You better stop listening to yourself as well then, lad;

Higuain and Giroud are basically the same level.

Higuain is the epitome of a grass is always greener attitude.

giphy.gif

Furious

Ha, expected someone to do that tbh.

I didn't expect Higuain to ever have such an outstanding season but would of taken him at the time.

Lol, yeah ok. You said it while he was having an outstanding season.

Furious

Higuain has never had a season like, that's just lies. His biggest scoring drought was for like four games ffs.

:lol:

You said the above WHILE he was having this outstanding season. What's there not to comprehend?

Arsenalman365

I admit I've seen him only a couple of times, he looked like a striker that likes to be involved in general play, an opposite of Walcott if you will. He's a good finisher, though I haven't seen him score any spectacular goals.
But I must say that if he was as good as he's made out to be, why wouldn't Real Madrid exercise their clause and keep him for themselves. They've been known to put 50m players on the bench, so why not stock a striker who's come through their own youth system.
There are many Real Fans that are livid that he was sold in the first place. In fact, many want him back over Benzema. Madrid keep players based on marketability. The reason he left in the first place is that he kept on scoring in virtually every substitute appearance. It was obvious that he would outgrow his release clause.
I haven't seen an awful lot, he does sound slightly like a punt though when people talk about promise rather than what he has already done. Might be as good as we can hope for though.

That said I'm always frustrated when I see other clubs get a promising player and they explode so perhaps it's our turn again.
He's more than just a punt. He's scored so many important champions league goals. He isn't a promising player either. He's a £40 Million striker. He's in unlucky to have the god (Dybala) in front of him. If Arsenal ever need a big game striker that will get us through Champions league ties, Morata's our man.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
You were wrong about Xhaka, face it you know as much as any of us. You've got some hangup on us spending any money.

I never said I know more than anybody else.
I just know what all people in Germany know who have some mayor insight in german football. It is a big plus to live in Munich as it is a big plus to live in England for knowing a bit more about english clubs.

Bussiness in Germany is not like bussiness in England let alone countries like Italy, where coaches try to drive up prices by some bold statements and later on betray their own words and sell their stars.
More so for Dortmund which is not a feeder club.
They can make some decisions like they did many times in the past.
Dortmund got some huge offers in the last couple of years and they did not buckle.
If the conduct of Dortmund says they wont let go of all three of them and it is all over the media, they just wont do that.
At least German clubs do not make such statements with the risk of loosing their credibility, especially not Dortmund.
But we can have a bet - they will not sell all 3 of them.
I would be completely astonished even when it was a 60 million offer which would be too hard to refuse.

Why was I wrong about Xhaka ?
I expected him to sign and I expected a high fee which is most certainly the case from all more reliable sources. And yet, there are still 10 different fees out there and none of them is proved.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He's only had one season of smashing them in and is 27/28. Morata is 23 so ha plenty of time to hit those numbers and has a better all round game in the mean time.
What's with AM and age?!

He's 26 ffs. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom