• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Andre Onana

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

It's not solely down to them though. If there are no offers for Leno or Runnarson you can't sell them.

I wouldn't be surprised if those three are the keepers next season.
Yeah I don’t see Leno going and this Onani keeper is suspended until February anyway. It makes no sense

TornadoTed

Established Member
Yeah I don’t see Leno going and this Onani keeper is suspended until February anyway. It makes no sense
I don't see anyone offering the kind of money we would ask for Leno so I think he will be here next year also. It will be good to have Onana to keep him on his toes though, most players need a bit of pressure and competition for their place.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

With Onana as one of our choices for next season is Ryan going to be one of the others or is he going to be forgotten about anyone know? Onana & Ryan would be a good 2 keepers.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
So is there any real news that we are after him and negotiations are advancing ?
Other than his reduced ban we aren't linked with him today, correct ?

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
If we get Onana in, I'd probably keep Leno for the first half of the season. Onana is an unknown quantity at this moment in time, nobody knows how good he will come back from a 7 month training ban and 9 month overall ban. Tell him to start competing with Leno in the second half of the season and if he wins you sell Leno next summer. Replace Runarsson with a HG 3rd GK.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
maybe you just buy Onana to loan him out when eligible next season & regain his level

hard to see him being used straight away over the Christmas period so the guy just wont get games

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
So is there any real news that we are after him and negotiations are advancing ?
Other than his reduced ban we aren't linked with him today, correct ?
most reliable paper in Holland reported before the hearing that his move to Arsenal is very advanced and only depend on how much they pay after the hearing if it's shortened it'll be 7-9M euros if stayed the same we'll likely pay 3M but it's shortened and he will be able to return the training quicker we'll see in upcoming days Ajax said he is 100% leaving this summer.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

If we get Onana in, I'd probably keep Leno for the first half of the season. Onana is an unknown quantity at this moment in time, nobody knows how good he will come back from a 7 month training ban and 9 month overall ban. Tell him to start competing with Leno in the second half of the season and if he wins you sell Leno next summer. Replace Runarsson with a HG 3rd GK.
What if he loses? How much can we get for a keeper who hasn’t played much for 16-17 months by then in next summer?

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

You don’t keep Leno if we get Onana. Ryan will start the season provided he’s here. No point keeping a keeper who doesn’t want to be here and knows he’s only playing still Onana is back.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Not sure what to make of this. Fee seems a bargain. Good shot stopper. Excellent distribution from what I've seen.

Struggles to catch a ball without dropping it and I've found his decision making to be pretty rash.

Kind of wish football would go back to the days where keepers were judged on their basic goalkeeping skills rather than if they are as good as an outfield player with their feet, to be honest.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Not sure what to make of this. Fee seems a bargain. Good shot stopper. Excellent distribution from what I've seen.

Struggles to catch a ball without dropping it and I've found his decision making to be pretty rash.

Kind of wish football would go back to the days where keepers were judged on their basic goalkeeping skills rather than if they are as good as an outfield player with their feet, to be honest.

If that were the case, Runnarson would have never joined us. What a world that would be to live in!

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
What if he loses? How much can we get for a keeper who hasn’t played much for 16-17 months by then in next summer?
Well, that's the risk isn't it? We're taking a risk buying a player who hasn't trained for 7 months in the first place. Could just have bought Maignan for 15m and be done with it.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom