• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Andre Onana

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Onana can't play until November or something. At that time he will be rusty and still require work to get up to speed. By then it's about January time. You say to him look. Our plan is to sell Leno summer 2022 and you are his replacement.

He is the one who has the ban. He is the one who can't play until at least November. I dont see how he can go to a club and demand that the minute he can legally start playing he is number 1.
I think he's only allowed to start training again in September and then there's AFCON. He can be no 1 after that.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
The man got banned for taking an illegal substance. He can't walk in saying....here I want guaranteed starter status when I can't even train until November.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
That is great deal at this price. Onana is just 25 and will continue to improve.
Sucks that Arsenal can't close it. We lost Emi and now we can't even get Onana.
Hopefully one of these academy kids will pan out.

TinFish

After seeing Donnaruma today it's crucial how much a big, imposing GK can really for your team and the opposition psychology. He was intimidating and England feared him especially in the pen shootout.

Emi Martinez is and will be as close we will get to having the same characteristics. Andre Onana is another one. We need this guy.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
That is great deal at this price. Onana is just 25 and will continue to improve.
Sucks that Arsenal can't close it. We lost Emi and now we can't even get Onana.

Rumours about Leno wanting out have calmed down, and since then we haven't heard any more links with Onana.

Unless our german keeper goes, I don't think we're in for Onana.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Look like most clubs don't want to over pay for him specially they know he won't be available to play until November and he off to Afcon after that.

Last edited:

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Back up GK is the most difficult position to fill - Wenger always played our number 2 GK in cup games, and we were in enough of them to satisfy a good No.2 keeper - but with no European football those games are going to be limited this coming season

keeping Leno fit all season is our best bet

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If Onana went to AFCON for the complete duration of his contract this would still be a better deal than £40m on Ramsdale.
i'm pretty sure most clubs will wait until january to get him signed pre-contract and get him for free.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If Onana went to AFCON for the complete duration of his contract this would still be a better deal than £40m on Ramsdale.

Spending £40 million on a back up to Runarsson, who is already a back up to Leno.

This will be the deal that turns die hard Arteta fans like ourselves, against the gaffer!

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Onana can't play until November or something. At that time he will be rusty and still require work to get up to speed. By then it's about January time. You say to him look. Our plan is to sell Leno summer 2022 and you are his replacement.

He is the one who has the ban. He is the one who can't play until at least November. I dont see how he can go to a club and demand that the minute he can legally start playing he is number 1.

I mean it's really that simple, by all indications it looks like Leno sees his future elsewhere and will probably look to move next summer.

Onana ain't sniffing the pitch till January...so you simply promise him a transition to him as no1 late this coming season/the season after.

But our management can't handle a basic task like that no no no. They'd rather splurge £30M on Ramsdale.:rolleyes:

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game
Top Bottom