• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Andreas Isaksson

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

VavaGoon said:
All your business is to go against whatever anyone says innit stefano, because sorry, you're always right and noone on here knows anything except you???? :x

EDIT: Watch the text language please VavaGoon
But then again, I don't fit into a a stereo-type which common people dislike.

Quit the lying, and quit the lusting over footballers.

A

Anonymous

Originally posted by VavaGoon:
All your business is to go against whatever anyone says innit stefano, because sorry, you're always right and noone on here knows anything except you????

EDIT: Watch the text language please VavaGoon

But then again, I don't fit into a a stereo-type which common people dislike.

Quit the lying, and quit the lusting over footballers.

Sorry about the text language!!!

I do not lie mate, we've established that you're a jealous little boy!!!

And yes I quite like a lot of footballers , I think a lot of them are well fit, don't you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

brianfrance

Established Member
**** it would have been a great signing
Did you know guys that Isaakson played during 1 months 1/2 injured ? The reserve gk wasn't that good and isaakson prefered to help the team : they finished 4th, thanks to him. great team spirit, and we need that!

A

Anonymous

brianfrance said:
s**t it would have been a great signing
Did you know guys that Isaakson played during 1 months 1/2 injured ? The reserve gk wasn't that good and isaakson prefered to help the team : they finished 4th, thanks to him. great team spirit, and we need that!
Despite that, I'm still intrigued.
How could they have known we could be interested?

A

Anonymous

brianfrance said:
Tabloids reports mate...
I would have thought it was just ours.
It was the Sun or some bolllox like that who reported it first weren't they?

Asterix

Established Member
VavaGoon said:
Shay Given, Jose Reina – 187
Shay Given is 187!!!!!!!! f*n hell, he looks well short on TV, the cameras do him an injustice I say!!! :shock:

PS Six foot is exactly 180cm, 6ft 1in is 183cm, this was one of the last things I remembered from my maths studies in school. thats cos 1 foot is 30cm, or a 12inch ruler if that floats your boat. :mrgreen:

Oh ffs. I've had this so argument so many times. 1 inch = 2.54cm. Six foot = 72 inches = 182.88cm. 12 inches = 30.48cm. Shay Given is therefore six foot one and a half.

I bet you didn't go so well in maths, eh :wink:

If you don't believe me, check this out

http://www.onlineconversion.com/length_common.htm

Actually, that reminds me of the old joke - why can't married women park cars? because their husbands tell them 15cm is ten inches.

DB10

arseblogger thinks it is more than an interest.........

no quotes just from what i've read.

personally i think it is not unreasonable. He won't be like frey and abbiati who would not like to warm the bench.

I think jens will still be no 1 and whoever we sign will the no2. he willl fight it out with alumina and jens. Iskasson seems like someone who would be content to do so. Frey Kameni, and whoever would demand the no1. in my opinion.

Asterix

Established Member
And Jens did seem to benefit from a break last season. Isaksson could play 10-15 Prem games and a Cup run to keep Jens fresh, then take over when we move to the Grove.

_scorpion_

Established Member
I'm all for Isaksson joining Arsenal but I think the stories are based on wishful thinking rather than any truth....much like the Hilderbrand rumors before he signed where we were linked with a swap for Jens.

To tell you the truth I cannot understand how we let that kind of opportunity pass....Hilderbrand for Lehmann would have been great business when you consider we could have had a young up and comming talent.

I'm starting to think Wenger has plans for both Lehman and Almunia next season....which to me is worrying. Not so much the Lehman part, but rather the fact that we will be relying on a very dodgy back up.

Very frustrating when you consider it can all be sorted out with either the purchase of Isaksson or Hilderbrand.

asajoseph

Established Member
We don't even know if the opportunity to sign Hildebrand was even there, let alone in a swap deal for Lehmann. Before we criticise Wenger for not making these transfers, we have to know that they were possible in the first place.

Canuck

Established Member
I was getting pretty pi**ed at people around here when the Hildebrand thing was peaking. People going on and on about...why haven't we signed Timo? When will we sign Timo? Why won't Arsène sign Timo? Is Arsène a ***** for not signing Timo?

FFS! I thought I was going to start pulling my hair out.

A

Anonymous

Oh ffs. I've had this so argument so many times. 1 inch = 2.54cm. Six foot = 72 inches = 182.88cm. 12 inches = 30.48cm. Shay Given is therefore six foot one and a half.

I bet you didn't go so well in maths, eh

If you don't believe me, check this out

http://www.onlineconversion.com/length_common.htm

Actually, that reminds me of the old joke - why can't married women park cars? because their husbands tell them 15cm is ten inches.
nah you're probably right asterix. and well, i got a B in a-level maths, which can't be that bad, can it!!!

ps nice joke by the way... :lol:

_scorpion_

Established Member
asajoseph said:
We don't even know if the opportunity to sign Hildebrand was even there, let alone in a swap deal for Lehmann. Before we criticise Wenger for not making these transfers, we have to know that they were possible in the first place.

Asa, the coach of Stuttgart came out and said he'd be delighted to have Lehmann. Sure we DONT know if Wenger considered Hilderbrand as an option, or whether Timo would consider a move to Highbury, but to say that there wasnt an opportunity is not true.

I don't particularly care anymore what happens regarding transfers....i'll support the team regardless, but all I wanted to say was that there was an opportunity but we didnt act on it at all!

Above all that is the pure fact that GK's are not players Wenger has been able to pick out. Say want you like about Lehmann and his first season at our club, while I support him as the current keeper (and probabaly our current best option) we can do better. It may cost more than were willing to spend but we can do better.

Taozhe

_scorpion_ said:
asajoseph said:

Asa, the coach of Stuttgart came out and said he'd be delighted to have Lehmann. Sure we DONT know if Wenger considered Hilderbrand as an option, or whether Timo would consider a move to Highbury, but to say that there wasnt an opportunity is not true.

I don't particularly care anymore what happens regarding transfers....i'll support the team regardless, but all I wanted to say was that there was an opportunity but we didnt act on it at all!

Above all that is the pure fact that GK's are not players Wenger has been able to pick out. Say want you like about Lehmann and his first season at our club, while I support him as the current keeper (and probabaly our current best option) we can do better. It may cost more than were willing to spend but we can do better.

Scorpion, don't mind to interrupt but those reports are speculations and rumours. Whether the stuggart boss wanted lehman or not, or whether Timo is interested in signing for Arsenal. What matters is that Timo decided to stay on and decided to renew his contract. Blaming Arsène seems a bit unfair don't you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom